Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:46:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: imitationleather on December 07, 2019, 05:15:38 PM
Best material I've seen him doing for decades!

Wouldn't have thought I'd be ending this year having a low opinion of Armando Iannucci and respecting Ben Elton but here we are.

Hank Venture

It's really weird to see just how partisan the BBC has gotten. The Guardian has been terrible for years.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on December 07, 2019, 05:19:35 PM
Wouldn't have thought I'd be ending this year having a low opinion of Armando Iannucci and respecting Ben Elton but here we are.
On top of that I feel like David Schneider has gotten a bit of an unfair rap on here tbh. He's been super prominent on twitter with a lot of the antisemitism allegations but its always seemed like it was a combo of him being super prominent on twitter in general with a quite genuine concern coming from someone who was probably (thanks to twitter et al) being exposed to far more antisemitism than he's ever experienced in his life before. At least as long as I've been back on twitter I've never gotten the sense that he's been anything remotely close to #NeverCorbyn or anything like that. I feel like he's probably swayed a few FBPE types to vote Labour.

Maybe I'm totally wrong though

Leo2112

Quote from: peanutbutter on December 07, 2019, 06:06:36 PM
On top of that I feel like David Schneider has gotten a bit of an unfair rap on here tbh. He's been super prominent on twitter with a lot of the antisemitism allegations but its always seemed like it was a combo of him being super prominent on twitter in general with a quite genuine concern coming from someone who was probably (thanks to twitter et al) being exposed to far more antisemitism than he's ever experienced in his life before. At least as long as I've been back on twitter I've never gotten the sense that he's been anything remotely close to #NeverCorbyn or anything like that. I feel like he's probably swayed a few FBPE types to vote Labour.

Maybe I'm totally wrong though

Schneider has been very good since the election campaign started.

Nice to see that Elton video - his voice will still resonate with a particular subset of voters, this kind of thing will help with those undecideds.

BlodwynPig

CLEAR THE DECKS - THURSDAY IS GOING TO BE EPIPHENOMAL!

Zetetic

Absorb the anus burn

Replies From View

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on December 07, 2019, 06:47:15 PM
Ooh ta x

Queue in Swansea to see Corbyn speak.

NOTE TO SELF:  ONLY FILM HUMANS FROM THE ARSE DOWN TO PROTECT THEIR DIGNITY

Quote from: Leo2112 on December 07, 2019, 06:10:19 PM
Nice to see that Elton video - his voice will still resonate with a particular subset of voters, this kind of thing will help with those undecideds.

That famous subset of voters that like being told what to by has-been, millionaire left wing comedians

So the absolute boy, who wants the nuclear codes by Friday, is caught leaking confidential documents provided by the Russians

Clown world

Paul Calf

4chan really are scraping the bottom of the barrel these days. Looks like they've lifted it up to see what's underneath.

chveik

QuoteThe Guardian will engage with the most critical issues of our time – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.

Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.

lol

kittens

see you on friday morning paulie! we're gonna win this thing lads.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Replies From View on December 07, 2019, 08:07:11 PM
NOTE TO SELF:  ONLY FILM HUMANS FROM THE ARSE DOWN TO PROTECT THEIR DIGNITY
film crews doing spots on obesity been doing this for decades

Konki

I thought they'd wait to see how it all shakes down but it's started already.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/08/if-boris-johnson-gets-back-to-number-10-he-will-have-jeremy-corbyn-to-thank

You don't really need to click, the url says it all. Andrew Rawnsley if you're wondering.

Old Nehamkin

The entire British media needs to be broken down into fucking atoms.

greencalx

How many times has Rawnsley written that article now?

Nice work if you can get it.

Replies From View

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on December 08, 2019, 09:49:17 AM
The entire British media needs to be broken down into fucking atoms.

The thing smaller than atoms please.

Paul Calf

I don't think we can break it down into Alan Sugar's penis.

Eh?

Zetetic

Absorb the anus burn

BlodwynPig

olliebean

The Times is saying the plan if Labour doesn't win is for Corbyn to resign on Friday and John McDonnell to take over as interim leader, with Rebecca Long-Bailey as shadow chancellor. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/labour-not-trying-to-win-election-kxj0xdn3k

Although a little way in, you get mealy-mouthed statements like this:

Quote"This is definitely one of the scenarios that are being discussed," said one source.

Which I think means it's probably based on nothing more than someone having said "What if we did this?", i.e., essentially on nothing.

Hundhoon

i have seen 3 polls today with Boris Johnson at least 10 points ahead.

colacentral

Some of the final polls in 2017 were 12-14% in favour of the Tories. Most were 7-8% wrong. BXP dropping out of Tory seats instantly added a couple % to the Tory lead in all the polls, which suggests that those votes are most likely in Tory held constituencies. So, harder to take seats away from them, but not a boost for them hoping to gain seats.

I don't think anything can be predicted from these polls, even less than usual. I also think that there are Labour leavers flirting with voting Tory who will bottle it on the day.

I was in Booths yesterday. Two old posh blokes chatting away by the olives. One said to the other, "Boris is a flawed character though, isn't he?" Glimmer of hope.