Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:10:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyMonster

Not sure where exactly to post this so I'll try here

New John Pilger documentary "The Dirty War On The NHS" is not being screened by ITV until after the General Election because of broadcasting rules of bias during a GE campaign.

So my guess is it must make the Tories look bad.

Well the broadcasters have been anything but balanced and unbiased so please can you guys share this on social media: There will be an online viewing of the documentary on Monday Evening.

"For those who cannot get to a cinema, we are organising an Online Cinema Screening on Monday 9 December between 6pm and 10pm. Tickets are £10. If you want to watch the film, click on the link below, buy your ticket, and on Monday you will be sent a link to the film and an access code. You can start watching any time between 6pm and 10pm. (This will only be available to people in the UK.)

https://johnpilger.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81e01f026144a7a39810a239b&id=19bf853f21&e=07cf43a340

"The film is available to rent for private and public screenings before the General Election on 12 December. Please email screenings@dartmouthfilms.com for further information.

https://johnpilger.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81e01f026144a7a39810a239b&id=80a5799063&e=07cf43a340

John Pilger investigates the long and often secret campaign to dismantle Britain's pioneering National Health Service and privatise it off 'by stealth'.

Designed to give millions of people "freedom from fear", the NHS today is under threat of being sold off and converted to a free market model inspired by America's disastrous health insurance system, which results in the death every year of an estimated 45,000 people.

Now President Trump says the NHS is "on the table" in any future trade deal with America. Filmed in Britain and the United States, this timely, compelling documentary touches us all and reveals what may be the last battle to preserve the most fundamental human right."

Absorb the anus burn

"... This image of Jeremy Corbyn is constructed out of many photos of Jews supporting Labour..."

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/lots-and-lots-of-jews4labour-mosaic/

The link will enable you to download a high resolution version of the file (44.5 mb).... All (apart from Noam Chomsky and Naomi Klein) are photos of Jews in Britain.

Absorb the anus burn

The large file will give you 1000s of these:

I am very moved by this.

Dr Rock

Zetetic

Reminds me mostly of this unfortunately, but I suspect that's not a common reference amongst the intended audience.

NoSleep

Leo2112

Quote from: chveik on December 07, 2019, 08:41:48 PM
QuoteThe Guardian will engage with the most critical issues of our time – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.

Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.
lol

I notice that the Guardian have revised this begging appeal from the one they've had going for the last few years.  They likely know they would be laughed at if they still kept trying to push the integrity of their political reporting, so now it's all about the escalating climate catastrophe and the influence of big tech.  Funny that considering they haven't covered either with any depth in this election campaign, one which will be crucial for both.

NoSleep

Buelligan

Quote from: KennyMonster on December 08, 2019, 03:16:32 PM
Not sure where exactly to post this so I'll try here

New John Pilger documentary "The Dirty War On The NHS" is not being screened by ITV until after the General Election because of broadcasting rules of bias during a GE campaign.

So my guess is it must make the Tories look bad.

Well the broadcasters have been anything but balanced and unbiased so please can you guys share this on social media: There will be an online viewing of the documentary on Monday Evening.

"For those who cannot get to a cinema, we are organising an Online Cinema Screening on Monday 9 December between 6pm and 10pm. Tickets are £10. If you want to watch the film, click on the link below, buy your ticket, and on Monday you will be sent a link to the film and an access code. You can start watching any time between 6pm and 10pm. (This will only be available to people in the UK.)

https://johnpilger.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81e01f026144a7a39810a239b&id=19bf853f21&e=07cf43a340

"The film is available to rent for private and public screenings before the General Election on 12 December. Please email screenings@dartmouthfilms.com for further information.

https://johnpilger.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81e01f026144a7a39810a239b&id=80a5799063&e=07cf43a340

John Pilger investigates the long and often secret campaign to dismantle Britain's pioneering National Health Service and privatise it off 'by stealth'.

Designed to give millions of people "freedom from fear", the NHS today is under threat of being sold off and converted to a free market model inspired by America's disastrous health insurance system, which results in the death every year of an estimated 45,000 people.

Now President Trump says the NHS is "on the table" in any future trade deal with America. Filmed in Britain and the United States, this timely, compelling documentary touches us all and reveals what may be the last battle to preserve the most fundamental human right."

Jamelia talks briefly about the NHS, why it must be safeguarded and why she's voting for the first time in her life. She's voting for Labour.

That's a very beautiful thing, ATAB, as you say, extremely moving.

Replies From View

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on December 08, 2019, 03:22:05 PM
"... This image of Jeremy Corbyn is constructed out of many photos of Jews supporting Labour..."

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/lots-and-lots-of-jews4labour-mosaic/

The link will enable you to download a high resolution version of the file (44.5 mb).... All (apart from Noam Chomsky and Naomi Klein) are photos of Jews in Britain.

"Many many" would have been better than "lots and lots".

Replies From View

Quote from: Zetetic on December 08, 2019, 03:28:25 PM
Reminds me mostly of this unfortunately, but I suspect that's not a common reference amongst the intended audience.

greencalx

kittens

jeremy still not here though
i'm going to get fired if I'm here much longer

Quote from: kittens on December 09, 2019, 02:30:54 PM
jeremy still not here though
i'm going to get fired if I'm here much longer

I'm here as well, headed over from Fishponds to see what it's all about and fucking hell, Corbyn is dishing out Bourbon Creams (if you know what I mean...) to the jubilant mob. Love it!

pancreas

Paul Calf

It doesn't mean anything. It's a tedious attempt to force a meme and it is fucking tiresome.

colacentral

It's the new fruity and spicy or whatever the fuck that was.

imitationleather

jobotic

Yeah I found him amusing once but it's fucking tired now. It got tired when it was all Maybot too, not just when he has a go at Corbyn.

poodlefaker

Does he mention his depression / former drug addiction / Spurs at all?

kittens

wow, he is literally making shit up and telling lies. shouldn't surprise me but actually being there and seeing how completely different it was to how he describes, it's crazy. fuck the guardian.

jobotic

Surprising.

So how was it if you were actually there and not busy writing sneery drivel?

idunnosomename

Quote from: kittens on December 09, 2019, 07:31:37 PM
wow, he is literally making shit up and telling lies. shouldn't surprise me but actually being there and seeing how completely different it was to how he describes, it's crazy. fuck the guardian.
was the same in Blackpool. tiny venue so I wish I'd seen him and given him a PIECE OF MY MIND (let him walk into my arm)

Danger Man

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 09, 2019, 07:29:06 PM
Does he mention his depression / former drug addiction / Spurs at all?

He saves then for his weekly round-up. He really does.

Absorb the anus burn