Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:40:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

Quote from: jobotic on December 09, 2019, 07:35:06 PM
Surprising.

So how was it if you were actually there and not busy writing sneery drivel?

just a bunch of people excited to see corbs, taking selfies and that. was good. muddy field though, and they were about 30 minutes later than stated but no one was complaining. well i didn't talk to everyone.

bgmnts

idunnosomename

It's pretty mild humour, all said and done, but you cannot imagine Johnson doing it. All he can do is go "hi folks" and then go on about getting Brexit done. His lolz improving is going off the rails. Finish him, you fuckers

mr. logic

Quote from: Danger Man on December 09, 2019, 07:52:04 PM
He saves then for his weekly round-up. He really does.

I can just about stand his sketch writing, as repetitive and unfunny as it tends to be, but I genuinely think I'm allergic to that column. I have to rush past it breathing heavily.

Replies From View

Dr Rock

Guardian running a 'Jews won't vote for Corbyn' piece again, and just as a fact check, when they claim ''How Jewish voters across country are rejecting party once seen as their political home'' a little research shows that in the 2015 election, with a Jewish leader of the Labour Party, according to The Jewish Voice a massive 14 per cent of British Jews said they voted Labour, with the Tories receiving 67 per cent. So I'm not sure when this golden age of Jewish people voting Labour actually was. (That figure dropped three points to 11% in 2017, with the antisemitic Jermy Crobbins at Labour's Jew-hating helm.)

Paul Calf

Attrition. A three percentage point drop in the Jewish vote, a few percent off Remain, a few leavers deserting for The Brexit (tm) or the Tories.

All adds up.

NoSleep

Quote from: Dr Rock on December 10, 2019, 08:20:50 AM
Guardian running a 'Jews won't vote for Corbyn' piece again, and just as a fact check, when they claim ''How Jewish voters across country are rejecting party once seen as their political home'' a little research shows that in the 2015 election, with a Jewish leader of the Labour Party, according to The Jewish Voice a massive 14 per cent of British Jews said they voted Labour, with the Tories receiving 67 per cent. So I'm not sure when this golden age of Jewish people voting Labour actually was. (That figure dropped three points to 11% in 2017, with the antisemitic Jermy Crobbins at Labour's Jew-hating helm.)

The article ends with this:

QuoteMark Borson, who has voted Labour or Lib Dem at previous elections, said he would definitely not vote Labour next week. But, he added: "It's not broken for good. If Labour changes back to a centrist party, they'll get the vote back. British people don't want extremism. And literally no one I know has any time for Corbyn."

He hangs around with the wrong crowd, obviously.

BlodwynPig

Vote EXTREME BEIGE YOU FUCKKKING DULL JUMPER WEARING CUNT

poodlefaker

Quote from: Dr Rock on December 10, 2019, 08:20:50 AM
It dropped so low in 2015 purely because of Ed's policy on Israel / Palestine aiui, which rather goes against eg Baddiel's view that a key trope of AS is the suggestion that British jews have strong links to Israel. Certainly this was the first time Maureen Lipman declared she could never vote Labour again.

sevendaughters

went to see Corbo give a speech in a freezing car park in Worcester. I have no confidence he'll overturn the 2500 majority here but it was nice to see he's still full of beans.

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on December 10, 2019, 07:56:08 AM
Is, isn't he.

I told the old fellow who gives me a lift to the shops, today, that Corbyn's full of spunk and a definite would.  Imparting this with a big bad smirk on my face.  He was driving but still managed to get really quite incandescent with rage.  Even swerving, momentarily, onto the incorrect carriageway.

As he dropped me off I laughed and said Look forward to seeing you next week when the sexy communists have taken over.  Gave the door a big gay slam, winked and waved disarmingly.

Dr Rock

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 10, 2019, 10:03:01 AM
It dropped so low in 2015 purely because of Ed's policy on Israel / Palestine aiui, which rather goes against eg Baddiel's view that a key trope of AS is the suggestion that British jews have strong links to Israel. Certainly this was the first time Maureen Lipman declared she could never vote Labour again.

Oh. Do you know what it was in the previous election?

kittens

Quote from: sevendaughters on December 10, 2019, 10:08:41 AM
went to see Corbo give a speech in a freezing car park in Worcester. I have no confidence he'll overturn the 2500 majority here but it was nice to see he's still full of beans.

2500 is nothing! hope you've been out on the doors

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 10, 2019, 10:03:01 AM

I'm completely ignorant on this subject, but is it not the case that any religious fundamentalists will tend to vote conservative, be they Christian, Jew, Muslim or Sikh?

sevendaughters

Quote from: kittens on December 10, 2019, 10:13:54 AM
2500 is nothing! hope you've been out on the doors

yeah but Worcester centre has one of the top ten biggest homeless populations in the UK and yet that ward went more Tory.

holyzombiejesus

Great piece in Tribune by a couple of the people from Manchester Momentum. Feels like my time's passed for getting involved with people like this but throughout the election, whenever I have felt low or demoralised, these (especially @redbethmond), the Novara lot and C&B have done so much to keep me going.

https://tribunemag.co.uk/2019/12/theres-more-to-life-than-this?fbclid=IwAR0Txjta_UNsLRn68_P66-CbtdLlmyI4hmpFUJ33bR5-qwOakee7aBfUAb8

Paul Calf

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 10, 2019, 10:24:30 PM
the Novara lot and C&B have done so much to keep me going.

Can't echo this enough. I fucking love you cunts.

bgmnts

I've done literally nothing but you're welcome lads.

holyzombiejesus

Editor of the Mirror on Newsnight pointing out stuff that fucking needs pointing out. If we had a roll call of stars throughout this election campaign, she'd be one of the first on the list. I never read the Mirror but every fucking time I've seen their front page, they've been doing what The Guardian have singularly declined to do, which is call these cunts out and supporting The Labour Party.

greencalx

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 10, 2019, 10:46:15 PM
Editor of the Mirror on Newsnight pointing out stuff that fucking needs pointing out.

What did they say? Pippa Crerar, ex-Observer, is a great journalist and overall I have a lot of time for the Mirror.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on December 10, 2019, 10:38:42 PM
I've done literally nothing but you're welcome lads.

For the many not the few. You have played your part!

Konki

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 10, 2019, 10:46:15 PM
Editor of the Mirror on Newsnight pointing out stuff that fucking needs pointing out. If we had a roll call of stars throughout this election campaign, she'd be one of the first on the list. I never read the Mirror but every fucking time I've seen their front page, they've been doing what The Guardian have singularly declined to do, which is call these cunts out and supporting The Labour Party.

This morning I covered up the right wing papers in the hospital shop with copies of the Mirror. Just like I have done every morning for the last month.

Bronzy

Quote from: Konki on December 11, 2019, 11:14:59 AM
This morning I covered up the right wing papers in the hospital shop with copies of the Mirror. Just like I have done every morning for the last month.

Just buy a twix then go home and have a wank like any normal person would

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: greencalx on December 11, 2019, 12:31:17 AM
What did they say? Pippa Crerar, ex-Observer, is a great journalist and overall I have a lot of time for the Mirror.

It wasn't anything astounding, just pointing out that their lengthy piece on fake news and who hacked that woman's account meant that no-one was talking about the fact that children were having to be treated on hospital floors. Shameful that this kind of statement stands out so much.

Quote from: Konki on December 11, 2019, 11:14:59 AM

I just dropped all copies of the Express and Sun down the back of the display thingy outside the petrol station. They have CCTV and they might not let me in again but I don't care because I am a renegade. #bemorelikekittens

NoSleep

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 11, 2019, 11:28:15 AM
I just dropped all copies of the Express and Sun down the back of the display thingy outside the petrol station. They have CCTV and they might not let me in again but I don't care because I am a renegade. #bemorelikekittens

I'm sure the BBC will will have this footage on their front page within the hour.

Bronzy

Start wanking in middle of newsagents so no one will want to go in and buy paper

Paul Calf

Wanking is not an appropriate solution to every problem you know.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: NoSleep on December 11, 2019, 11:30:29 AM
I'm sure the BBC will will have this footage on their front page within the hour.

They'd have a field day with me. Defaced a train station shelter (and neighbouring bus shelter) and told a tory to go fuck himself last night, stuck a Labour sticker on the back of a seat on train AND on a lampost this morning and then hid shitrags. Also encouraged my little boy to call his mother 'poo poo mummy' before I left for work. Monster.