Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

idunnosomename

the song's mostly over the riff except for two power chords if i remember rightly, but it doesn't follow it melodically like the corbyn chant does.

BlodwynPig

What i heard was the tune being na na'd by people. No corbyn chant although earlier in the evening i was rather hoping the crowd might break out spontaneously into it or some anti-boris singing. Nowt. I felt so alone. On the deserted streets outside No. 10 i felt at peace. It was like 28 days later. Beautiful

idunnosomename

did you get your transport across london town this morning blodders then or what

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 01, 2020, 06:21:23 PM
People say David Cameron fucked up the country with a gamble but Swinson didn't even have anything on the table and still forced... that thing where you put the cards down. And the spinny thing to go round. And the croupier dude rakes everything away. And he was Boris Johnson.

Twister?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 01, 2020, 11:14:53 PM
did you get your transport across london town this morning blodders then or what

Walked it. London is pretty small, centre wise.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on January 01, 2020, 07:44:18 PM
I own regional image rights for the AIDS virus and I am afraid that associating my property with Jo Swinson is going to be hugely damaging to value of the brand. If you don't cease I will be seeking legal advice.

Laughed

Also at pancreas previous post

Paul Calf

Leo2112

https://www.globalresearch.ca/we-slaughtered-jeremy-corbyn-says-israel-lobbyist/5700571

QuoteWe 'Slaughtered' Jeremy Corbyn, Says Israel Lobbyist

A prominent Israel lobbyist in the UK has claimed credit for last month's electoral defeat of the British Labour Party led by Jeremy Corbyn.

"The beast is slain," Joe Glasman delighted – Corbyn has been "slaughtered."

He rejoiced that "we defeated him" in the election. "They tried to kill us," he ranted, but "we won."

Glasman leads the "political investigations team" at the Campaign Against Antisemitism, or CAA – an influential anti-Palestinian lobby group.

He made his comments in a bizarre video rant addressed to his team of supporters that he posted online during the holiday break.

The video was soon set to private.

But left-wing Labour activists managed to download a copy and posted it on the Barnet Momentum Facebook page.

In the video Glasman claimed he and his supporters beat Corbyn through a coordinated campaign using methods including "our spies and intel."

holyzombiejesus

This makes me feel so depressed, it's almost enough to make you want to just throw the fucking towel in.

QuoteCorbyn asks if universal credit is making the social security system simpler.

Johnson claims it is, because unemployment has been reduced.

(That's a non-sequitur.)

He returns to Greggs, and says just one person has complained about the bonus system.

He says the IMF says the UK will grow faster than the Eurozone. When will Corbyn stop talking the UK down?

Corbyn says the reality is that many people in work are in poverty.

Universal credit was meant to reduce poverty, he says. But more and more people are using food banks. Why won't the PM end the punitive five-week wait for benefits under UC?

Johnson says the number of people in poverty has fallen by 400,000 under this government. He says Labour is proposing "even more Corbynism". He says Corbyn should listen to the verdict of the British people four weeks ago.

Corbyn says Johnson should answer the question. He turns to the two-child limit. Why won't the PM admit there is a link between poverty and the two-child limit.

Johnson says there has been a substantial reduction in child poverty.

The Labour party should change its tune, he says.

He says the Labour party voted Corbyn the best Labour leaders since records began. He says those sentiments are shared by many Tories.

Corbyn says levels of poverty are a national scandal. He says UC is a system of mind-numbing complexity. It is driving people to food banks. Johnson can't answer questions on it. It should go, he says.

Johnson says Corbyn just wants to keep people in the welfare trap. He says Corbyn should pay tribute to the way the economy has grown. He says there will be 40 new hospitals and 20,000 more police officers. Labour still can't make up its mind about whether or not to leave the EU, he says.

NoSleep

Don't despair. Somebody in parliament had to address these issues and show that the government of the day had no interest in doing so. The country willingly voted for this ignorance.

pancreas

I don't know why you're surprised. This is what they do. This is what May did, and Cameron did, and Blair did... They lie about the numbers, make cheap jibes, and they don't give a shit.

Paul Calf

"Corbyn should pay tribute to the way the economy has grown."

Not acknowledge or even admit, but 'pay tribute'.

This is a dangerous government.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: pancreas on January 22, 2020, 01:01:26 PM
I don't know why you're surprised. This is what they do. This is what May did, and Cameron did, and Blair did... They lie about the numbers, make cheap jibes, and they don't give a shit.

Yeah, but at least you used to be able to take solace from a decent performance (or a weak performance by them) whereas now it's just pissing in the wind. It also reminded me how fucking decent Corbyn is and how he's just going to be scoffed at for the next 3 months.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on January 22, 2020, 12:44:27 PM
Don't despair ... The country willingly voted for this ignorance.

This isn't helping with the despair, tbh.

NoSleep

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on January 22, 2020, 01:06:21 PM
Yeah, but at least you used to be able to take solace from a decent performance (or a weak performance by them) whereas now it's just pissing in the wind. It also reminded me how fucking decent Corbyn is and how he's just going to be scoffed at for the next 3 months.

Richard Burgon is the only candidate in either leadership race that has a hint of what made Corbyn stand out above the average politicianspeak and inspired hundreds of thousands to join the Labour party.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: NoSleep on January 22, 2020, 12:44:27 PM
Don't despair. Somebody in parliament had to address these issues and show that the government of the day had no interest in doing so. The country willingly voted for this ignorance.

A minority of the country though. Only 67.3% of those eligible to vote turned out (I find that bizarre, I wonder how many who did not vote will be complaining in a few years' time). Of those who did turn out to vote, only 43.6% voted for the Tories.

It's just a shame we're all suffering because of them.

NoSleep

The awful thing was the number that abstained from voting Labour (not even voting for Tory); around 3m, I heard mentioned.

Quote from: NoSleep on January 22, 2020, 01:11:23 PM
Richard Burgon is the only candidate in either leadership race that has a hint of what made Corbyn stand out above the average politicianspeak and inspired hundreds of thousands to join the Labour party.

Well clearly that's not the case because RLB has been unofficially endorsed by McDonnell and has been working as his understudy. That's more than good enough for me. We know there are more snakes than grass so we need to take the little guidance we have here.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: NoSleep on January 22, 2020, 02:16:39 PM
The awful thing was the number that abstained from voting Labour (not even voting for Tory); around 3m, I heard mentioned.

And that is the game of modern politics. Remember this?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hnsgrassegger/george-soros-conspiracy-finkelstein-birnbaum-orban-netanyahu

QuoteIt was back then that Finkelstein started developing a political method that now reads like a how-to guide for modern right-wing populism. Finkelstein's premise was simple: Every election is decided before it even begins. Most people know who they will vote for, what they support, and what they oppose. It's very difficult to convince them otherwise, Finkelstein believed. It's a lot easier to demoralize people than to motivate them. And the best way to win is to demoralize your opponent's supporters. That's what Trump did to great effect against Hillary Clinton, and what he meant when, after the election, he thanked black Americans for not voting.

NoSleep

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on January 22, 2020, 03:43:18 PM
Well clearly that's not the case because RLB has been unofficially endorsed by McDonnell and has been working as his understudy. That's more than good enough for me. We know there are more snakes than grass so we need to take the little guidance we have here.

I didn't mean by what they stand for, I meant by their presentation so far. Burgon was lowest on the typical sloganeering and high on thoughtful (and apparently personal) content.