Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:37:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Quote from: jobotic on October 16, 2019, 11:18:10 PM
Perfect timing. Why did these people who are so desperate to prop up a far-right Paulie approved Tory government, ever join the fucking Labour Party?

Because it was Blair's New Labour party at the time? It's quite a change so it's not surprising that this kind of thing happens. She can join the rest of the Tories in the LD's.

imitationleather

Quote from: jamiefairlie on October 16, 2019, 11:44:12 PM
Because it was Blair's New Labour party at the time? It's quite a change so it's not surprising that this kind of thing happens. She can join the rest of the Tories in the LD's.

Quite. Are there any MPs who emerged during the mid-90s who fit in with what the Labour party is now? I don't think you could really get far in the party back then without being a triangulating, convictionless, piece of shit.

Fortunately they're mostly in their seventies by now but by Christ they are making a racket on their way out.

NJ Uncut

Dr Rock

Goodnight sweet chairwoman of the Labour Friends of Israel.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 17, 2019, 07:24:48 AM
Goodnight sweet chairwoman of the Labour Friends of Israel.
Speaking of, who's left to fill that role? Jess Philips was the only name I recognized as a standing MP when I checked a list of their members

NoSleep

king_tubby

I saw some stuff on Twitter about it being a case of jumping before pushed.

My MP obviously tweeted about how sad she was about it.

NoSleep

Surely it would have been better to have allowed herself to be deselected and cry about that. She's cashed that in for a short spell as an independent/LibDem(?) MP before a GE. I wonder who's pulling her strings and ranting in her ear?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: NoSleep on October 17, 2019, 08:46:22 AM
Surely it would have been better to have allowed herself to be deselected and cry about that. She's cashed that in for a short spell as an independent/LibDem(?) MP before a GE. I wonder who's pulling her strings and ranting in her ear?

Read her letter. She will not join another party but will return to Labour when Corbyn GONE

NoSleep

Absorb the anus burn

Buelligan

Absorb the anus burn

The most important thing is that the people of Riverside can finally get an MP that is in tune with their needs and beliefs.

idunnosomename

I cant believe all this antisemitism! Look at all this antisemitism. Unbelieveable.

NoSleep

I can't see the problem with not wanting to do things by halves.

jobotic

Did she give any examples of his antisemitism?

I guess there's no need, it's everywhere. I can see he's breathing without getting a sample of his breath.

Paul Calf

idunnosomename

Quote from: jobotic on October 17, 2019, 11:07:42 AM
Did she give any examples of his antisemitism?

I guess there's no need, it's everywhere. I can see he's breathing without getting a sample of his breath.
this denial of antisemitism being endemic in the Labour party is all the proof you need of how endemic antisemitism is in the Labour party. Disgusting.

phantom_power

Quote from: NoSleep on October 17, 2019, 08:46:22 AM

If she had just been deselected her rants about antisemitism would have just sounded like sour grapes. This way they are fresh and pure

Johnny Yesno

Shoulders?-Stomach!

On the plus side, her timing has been like a fart into a hurricane.

Jockice

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 17, 2019, 09:08:30 PM
On the plus side, her timing has been like a fart into a hurricane.

Yes. She was supposed to be interviewed on the Victoria Derbyshire show yesterday but was sidelined because of the deal stuff. Ha, she's not as important as she seems to think she is.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Jockice on October 18, 2019, 06:56:09 AM
Yes. She was supposed to be interviewed on the Victoria Derbyshire show yesterday but was sidelined because of the deal stuff. Ha, she's not as important as she seems to think she is.

Vicious Marxist antisemitism by Victoria Derbyshire there

Paul Calf

Replies From View

idunnosomename

anyone hear the news quiz? hugo rifkind's unfunny joke that Corbyn would enjoy parliament sitting on a Saturday because it's the Jewish Sabbath and that would "stick it to the bastards"?

complain: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Malcolm Rifkind's son is such a talentless entitled little cunt he deserves all the ire he gets

greencalx

Victoria Coren Mitchell made a joke based on a Jewish stereotype on HIGNFY and everyone chuckled along cos it was at Corbyn's expense. Fuckwads.

idunnosomename

another unfunny talentless sprog of a media elite

i mean not as worthless as Giles, to be fair

Johnny Yesno

Rifkind and Coren-Mitchell should be ashamed. Corbyn discusses being a life long anti-racist when he's given the chance:

Ash Sarkar Meets Jeremy Corbyn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUTMQVjBww

Shame neither he nor Ash appear to realise the pogo stick story was written as a satire on the constant baseless criticism of him. I guess it's because the support was from such an unlikely source.

greencalx

Interesting interview- particularly the stuff about Corbyn's early days. Beats trashing a restaurant.