Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dr Rock on November 07, 2019, 06:10:35 PM
And still Labour have closed the gap from about 18 points behind to about 8 or 9 (if you the ignore YouGov BS ones) in about a week.

Thanks for the optimism Dr Rock, although I would feel a lot better about things if you called in another phone in show to talk about Cameron sticking his cock in a pig.

NoSleep

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on November 07, 2019, 06:03:52 PM
True, but it's not just the anti semitism, there's the Lib Dem bar chart lies, Tory press just getting started with the smears, Corbyn just openly being called racist by former mps, I've noticed even the lefty blue ticks are going, 'sure Corbyns racist but he's no worse than Boris'  just framing it exactly how the tories want, it's just absolutely relentless.

It will get worse when Corbyn wins the election; a whole lot worse, so this is just more of the same at this point. It's delivered so hysterically that I'm sure not all of the people are being fooled.

Cardenio I

Careful with the whens there. Hubris there. Careful.

NoSleep

NJ Uncut

Cardenio I

Don't think it's hopeless to think that Labour might win the election.

Paul Calf

BlodwynPig

we're just going through the motions. absolute drudgery with added spite and cheery sneering from newspapers, overheard conversations and sub-human scum.

END OF TETHER

Zetetic

Looks like the party might be shifting back towards supporting the right to move, live and work across Europe, which is nice.

greencalx

I'm feeling quietly optimistic. Not sure why - would like to see to see a systematic reduction in the size of the gap across all polls before I can convince myself that we stand a chance. However, it's interesting that the Labour campaign has opened on the areas where they are considered weak (Brexit, leadership, anti-semitism) and put out some strong and clear messaging, rather than trying to duck the issues. Don't know if it will cut through, but at least the lines are there.

pancreas

The election materials are a huge improvement on last year. Don't know if I said that already.

Zetetic

And the Tories have given us more than a fair bit of encouragement from a personally-unpleasant angle. Hope they'll follow-up with some sufficiently stupid policy choices like last time.

Cardenio I

Quote from: Zetetic on November 07, 2019, 07:05:22 PM
Looks like the party might be shifting back towards supporting the right to move, live and work across Europe, which is nice.

It is nice, but in the event of a Labour majority and the Brexit operation going to plan I do worry that a referendum of Extra Soft EEA Brexit vs Remain will get absolutely savaged in the expected quarters. A problem for another time, I suppose.

greencalx

Quote from: Zetetic on November 07, 2019, 07:09:08 PM
And the Tories have given us more than a fair bit of encouragement from a personally-unpleasant angle. Hope they'll follow-up with some sufficiently stupid policy choices like last time.

Yes, it was the "dementia tax" where the tide turned last time, if I recall.

Johnny Yesno

Lordofthefiles

Zetetic

Quote from: Cardenio I on November 07, 2019, 07:26:57 PM
Extra Soft EEA Brexit
What other "deal" could Labour pursue in good conscience? Where is the compromise to be found?

Quote from: greencalx on November 07, 2019, 07:38:13 PM
Yes, it was the "dementia tax" where the tide turned last time, if I recall.
I do worry that I overegg that in my own mind, but yeah.

Johnny Yesno

I guess Thugler means this, which I've only just seen posted in another thread:

It's unwise but is the tone really 'all the antisemitism is bullshit?'.

Cardenio I

Quote from: Zetetic on November 07, 2019, 08:43:42 PM
What other "deal" could Labour pursue in good conscience? Where is the compromise to be found?

No, I think you're quite right, they will follow this line on Brexit and it's the right decision to make (morally speaking, never mind the fact that the only other option is a soft reboot of the May/Johnson deal). But I worry all the same.

thugler

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 07, 2019, 08:54:57 PM
I guess Thugler means this, which I've only just seen posted in another thread:

It's unwise but is the tone really 'all the antisemitism is bullshit?'.

I wasn't referring to this with the 'all the anti semetism is bullshit' that was his previous unwise comments, which i suppose were more suggesting that crticism of the process of complaints was bullshit to be fair. This is just a tantrum and even more unwise, his lack of awareness of what is unwise is the problem.

For the record i doubt he is an antisemite, but he's fucked it.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: thugler on November 07, 2019, 09:08:27 PM
I wasn't referring to this with the 'all the anti semetism is bullshit'

Then linky-link, please.

olliebean

Quote from: Cardenio I on November 07, 2019, 06:40:15 PM
Don't think it's hopeless to think that Labour might win the election.

We have to hope. If the Tories win this one, this country is fucked. At least for the time being, and probably for the rest of my lifetime (which will be shorter due to the NHS being fucked).

idunnosomename

Give heavy heart a rest. Just say with regret christsake

Buelligan

I feel really positive, I've never heard so many people talking about actually getting stuck in and working themselves to support the party.  I think, I feel, we are going to win.  I just hope we have a big enough majority to ensure that we can get on and save everyone.

gib

Quote from: pancreas on November 07, 2019, 07:08:22 PM
The election materials are a huge improvement on last year. Don't know if I said that already.

wouldn't know mate, it's possible there's a leaflet somewhere under the hundreds of lib dem ones on my mat.

Pie Pie Eater

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on November 07, 2019, 05:45:08 PM
Is everyone else managing to stay positive? If so, hooooooow?

Are you canvassing? I highly recommend it to stay positive. As well as spending a lot more time with other people being positive, to some extent you get the same effect as a shitposter being de-anonymised- people just become (or seem) a lot more reasonable. This is really helping me. I couldn't do it in 2017, and was much more pessimistic about things until the night of the result.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: thugler on November 07, 2019, 09:58:58 PM
It's all on wikipedia, and widely reported in the media

I don't know which letter you're 'paraphrasing'. If you can't be bothered to support your own argument, I can't be bothered to rebut it and will therefore conclude that you've realised you're in the wrong.

Replies From View

Quote from: Pie Pie Eater on November 08, 2019, 12:18:03 AM
Are you canvassing? I highly recommend it to stay positive. As well as spending a lot more time with other people being positive, to some extent you get the same effect as a shitposter being de-anonymised- people just become (or seem) a lot more reasonable. This is really helping me. I couldn't do it in 2017, and was much more pessimistic about things until the night of the result.

The one problem with this is I would be shit at canvassing and ruin it for everyone.