Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Just popping in to say, I can't bear to think about this, it's got to such a pitch now, the old politics, that I'm glad today's a hard day, work-wise.  OMFG, I hope every little thing's going to be alright.

olliebean

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 19, 2019, 05:58:52 AMShame neither he nor Ash appear to realise the pogo stick story was written as a satire on the constant baseless criticism of him. I guess it's because the support was from such an unlikely source.

They previously ran a similar story about Ed Miliband's father killing a kitten by running over it on his bike. Ed seems to have taken it in good humour.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: olliebean on October 19, 2019, 09:45:54 AM
They previously ran a similar story about Ed Miliband's father killing a kitten by running over it on his bike. Ed seems to have taken it in good humour.

Oh, that sounds familiar. Memory like a sieve. No wonder they can get away with repeating themselves. Their paper is aimed at people of my age.

To be fair, Corbyn thought it was amusing. He just didn't seem to realise it was satire. However, I might have misunderstood his tone in this instance.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: greencalx on October 19, 2019, 08:39:41 AM
Interesting interview- particularly the stuff about Corbyn's early days. Beats trashing a restaurant.

This is it. If we had a media landscape that allowed the pros and cons of our politicians to be laid out clearly next to each other, it would be obvious to all and sundry who to back.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 14, 2019, 09:39:32 AM
That would be more applicable to the Irish republican smears.  J McD dodged the AS allegations largely because he came out against Corbyn (in a way) and didn't fall for the trap.  All that happened again here is a silly interview with Campbell who was hoping that J McD would say Corbyn would stay on after defeat and therefore show how undemocratic and dictatoresque Corbyn is, then when this failed he asked about him, as he could then he could be Corbyn's Brutus, which he sidestepped again by not being in the running either.

So Cambell then span it another way...........that Corbyn is standing down after the election coz he's ad enough and he should go now before anyway.

Spin, spin, spin it is called that because it is reactive to what is said, it makes lies or mistruths off the cuff as the information comes in.  It is an angle, a frame attached to what someone actually says to change its meaning or push a narrative that you are 'spinning' to.

Spinning allows the magician to do his act right in front of your eyes so you are more likely to believe it is real.

Interestingly, McDonnell says in the following interview that the bit in that interview where he said Labour are going to win the election wasn't included in the clips and the reports:

John McDonnell: PM is behaving like a 'spoiled brat': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4KnoPut0SI

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 19, 2019, 11:46:54 AM
This is it. If we had a media landscape that allowed the pros and cons of our politicians to be laid out clearly next to each other, it would be obvious to all and sundry who to back.

Except they would definitely put "is anti Semitic" in the cons column of Corbyn because they are cunts.

BlodwynPig

Cleaner at work discussion "I'm a floating voter" (this after a discussion on worst toilet scenarios. "Voted conservative, labour, Lib Dem and...errr...spoiled ballot"

"Last time I voted for Labour. I watched all the leader's speeches and the conservative manifesto was rubbish. The worst I can remember so I voted labour. Although under the conservatives my salary has gone up and I don't pay tax now". On Corbyn "they are all liars, that is why I'm voting labour". On the future "South Africa is going to go up in smoke, just watch the news. I don't look at the news, but if you do, watch it."

Don't know what to make of that.

Me: "I have to go to the bogs now"

Cleaner: "Good luck with that" *glint in eye*

Dr Rock

Woman on the other end of the phone at Virgin Media - 'I will definitely be better off with a No Deal Brexit.'

Maybe she's stockpiling medicine to sell on the black market.

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 21, 2019, 11:58:30 AM
Me: "I have to go to the bogs now"

Cleaner: "Good luck with that" *glint in eye*

I know exactly what they mean by that.

BlodwynPig

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 21, 2019, 01:28:21 PM
Woman on the other end of the phone at Virgin Media - 'I will definitely be better off with a No Deal Brexit.'

Maybe she's stockpiling medicine to sell on the black market.

how did you end up discussing this?

Replies From View

Dr Rock

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 21, 2019, 08:03:04 PM
how did you end up discussing this?

It's quite boring. I was negotiating a price reduction for my package and said that I was cutting costs partly because Brexit was affecting my business. And off she went.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on October 21, 2019, 08:08:05 PM
It means like "have a great time shitting buddy!"

Oh, i just had a piss. He did tell me a story of someone shitting in an urinal in a Bigg market pub toilet and sticking a bottle of brown ale on top.

7am shit and politics chat is the only thing that keeps me turning up to work

phantom_power

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 21, 2019, 08:19:46 PM
It's quite boring. I was negotiating a price reduction for my package and said that I was cutting costs partly because Brexit was affecting my business. And off she went.

Did you ask her how she knows this? All these people who have suddenly become exports on the intricacies of foreign trade all of a fucking sudden

DrGreggles

Dr Rock

Quote from: phantom_power on October 22, 2019, 09:55:52 AM
Did you ask her how she knows this? All these people who have suddenly become exports on the intricacies of foreign trade all of a fucking sudden

I chose not to get into a debate with her because she was giving me a complimentary £30 off my next bill and I didn't want her to change her mind.

imitationleather

Quote from: DrGreggles on October 22, 2019, 10:07:57 AM
So does Yarmouth - and that's dogshit.

The women in Westward Ho! did not match up to my expectations.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 22, 2019, 10:51:47 AM
I chose not to get into a debate with her because she was giving me a complimentary £30 off my next bill and I didn't want her to change her mind.

hook, line, sinker

Paul Calf

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 22, 2019, 10:51:47 AM
I chose not to get into a debate with her because she was giving me a complimentary 30 pieces of silver off my next bill and I didn't want her to change her mind.

Dr Rock

Heh. I'm sure if I'd spent a few more minutes on the phone to a No Deal Brexiter I'd have made her see sense.

Paul Calf

Fambo Number Mive

Tories now showing Corbyn against a background of what appears to be blood: https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1186915071445917696

They've done that for two tweets now.

Is he meant to be winking?

Replies From View

thugler

Just listened to james o brian for a minute.

Immediately pivoting to moaning about corbyn

'It looks like they will go for an election rather than a 2nd referendum and I'll never understand why'

Because there is no majority for one ffs.

phantom_power

And they want to be in power to make the country a better place in many diverse areas, not just obsessing about fucking Brexit