Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:07:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo2112

Ugh I knew that they were coming, but the antisemitism slurs being gleefully spat out from all quarters these last few days are a real drag.

pigamus

It is frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a more organised left-wing Jewish voice out there. Sometimes it feels like just Michael Rosen doing it on his own.

MiddleRabbit

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 09, 2019, 01:11:16 PM
Was it the verses or just the nana na na coda though

The irony being, of course, that Paul McCartney was accused of anti-semitism when he whitewashed the words "Hey Jude" on the closed Apple Boutique window.  "Jude" being German for "Jew" in the first place.

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Paul-McCartney-Hey-Jude-isnt-about-the-Jews-567110

"I didn't realize it meant Jewish," the singer said in the video published on Monday.

"Actually I nearly got into trouble, because we put it up on a window of our shop... so that people going by on the buses would see."

McCartney was referring to the Apple Boutique, a shortlived business venture the Beatles opened in London in 1967.

But one day in 1968, McCartney said, "I got this furious phone call from this guy, Mr. Leon, who was Jewish, he said: 'What are you doing, how dare you do this.'" The singer added that "In Hitler's day, in the Nazi thing, 'Juden raus' meant Jews out. And I didn't connect."

The man, McCartney said, was very angry, and threatened to send his son round "to beat you up." But the Beatles legend assured him that "no, no, no, wait a minute, I swear to you it's nothing like that... cool it down, it has nothing to do with that, you'll hear when you hear the record. It's just a name in a song."

McCartney said that while he calmed Mr. Leon down, "suddenly I was alerted to the fact that it would have caused him a lot of problems, because his family will have experienced that firsthand probably."

According to several books about the history of the Beatles, many others in London's Jewish community were unhappy with the words "Hey Jude" on the storefront of the Apple Boutique. Controversy aside, the store, one of the Beatles first business ventures, was open for less than a year before closing its doors.

Thursday

Zetetic

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 09, 2019, 01:56:41 PM
Dan Hodges claims he investigated the bus story near the time and he couldn't find anyone on the bus to corroborate it.
https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1193148269750341634
Right, good, but these people were on a bus returning from an elitist horse-torturing event?

Or were all these MPs there to watch Jools Holland or a Tribute to Tina Tuner?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on November 09, 2019, 03:39:46 PM
Rather troublingly, I don't know anything about twitter because I'm not on there, never have been and rarely look at it but, having followed your link and read that thread, I saw that Harry Tuttle was apparently doxxed by someone/thing called @millionheartsuk.  Apparently, due to complaints, they've closed their account but...

When I looked at that profile, I saw this.  I could be wrong, but this doesn't seem right, someone should report it to Labour or twitter or something, I don't know.  Seems very wrong indeed.

Where did you see that? I thought it was @TwelveScouts that had doxxed him.

Buelligan

I think it was further down the thread, there was a conversation between the OP (or whatever you call the person whose timeline(?) you're on) that I clicked through as a "reply" and they said twelvescouts was millionhearts and so on.  I'll see if I can find it again, have to go back to work soon though.  :(

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

Johnny Yesno

greencalx

It looks like twatter is coming round to the view that the Carden story was made up. Primarily because the chances of it being true with a busload of journos on-board seems somewhat far-fetched.

Celebrity QC Jo Maugham seems to think, though, that unless he sues, there's probably something in it. Doesn't seem to understand that proving defamation cases is complex, time-consuming and therefore expensive. Also I'm fairly sure there's some sort of principle about the presumption of innocence that one would expect a QC to know about.

king_tubby

Windmill Jolyon is a bellend though.

That millionhearts account took on Jason out of Sleaford Mods. You can imagine how well that went.

chveik

Quote from: pigamus on November 09, 2019, 04:51:00 PM
It is frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a more organised left-wing Jewish voice out there. Sometimes it feels like just Michael Rosen doing it on his own.

well there's still Sam Kriss
https://samkriss.com/2019/11/08/the-war-against-the-jews/

idunnosomename

i wonder if one of han dodges' government whatsapp sources has stood him up recently that hes said fuck this to being a total tory stooge

imitationleather

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on November 09, 2019, 07:09:44 PM
That millionhearts account took on Jason out of Sleaford Mods. You can imagine how well that went.

I'd not heard about this. Shame the original tweets are unavailable.

https://twitter.com/sleafordmods/status/1110558587036856320?lang=en

Replies From View

Quote from: Leo2112 on November 09, 2019, 04:41:36 PM
Ugh I knew that they were coming, but the antisemitism slurs being gleefully spat out from all quarters these last few days are a real drag.

They may already be over-playing their hand again though. 

Cardenio I

Really concerning reports of Dawn Butler bumming a dog while singing the Hitlernationale. My source, who was on the packed helicopter with about 20 MPs and journos heading to Crufts last year, says there was a mood of palpable menace. "People were terrified, it was dreadful," he explained.

Zetetic

Six horse deaths during the 2018 Cheltenham racedays, prompting a British Horseracing Authority review. (They had to have another BHA review after the deaths in the 2019 season as well.)

Why were any Labour MPs there, regardless of what they sang or didn't sing on the bus back?

(For the lack of sticking anywhere else, a video on The Melbourne Cup.)

gib

Quote from: Zetetic on November 09, 2019, 11:19:23 PM
Six horse deaths during the 2018 Cheltenham racedays, prompting a British Horseracing Authority review. (They had to have another BHA review after the deaths in the 2019 season as well.)

Why were any Labour MPs there, regardless of what they sang or didn't sing on the bus back?

(For the lack of sticking anywhere else, a video on The Melbourne Cup.)

I know you can't judge by looks but they do look like a pair of cunts.

idunnosomename

is this even a real newspaper anymore. i know it's lazy to say it's like north korea

but

they even hide harry's bald spot

gib

idunnosomename

i mean matt is shit for cunts but it's basically the hack strategy of marrying politics with a stupid populist story

emma watson said she was "self partnered" as a euphemism for single. thats it.

anyway. cancel this unfunny cunt and his shitty childrens books
https://twitter.com/davidwalliams/status/1193191504216567808

pancreas

drunk conversation with a taxi driver.

failed, or not? who knows.

but still. YOU HAVE TO TRY

ajsmith2

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 10, 2019, 12:42:19 AM

anyway. cancel this unfunny cunt and his shitty childrens books
https://twitter.com/davidwalliams/status/1193191504216567808

Promising responses though. I was expecting much more sycophancy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on November 10, 2019, 01:02:30 AM
drunk conversation with a taxi driver.

failed, or not? who knows.

but still. YOU HAVE TO TRY

Scraping the barrel now

'I had a dream'

Ps. That Telegraph front page should be incarcerated. Meghan whitewashed too

Dr Rock

Nobody who reads the Telegraph votes Labour anyway.

BlodwynPig