Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: ajsmith2 on November 10, 2019, 08:01:43 AM
Promising responses though. I was expecting much more sycophancy.
most of his followers will have no idea who she is.

In the 90s she could look forward to a chat show called Gobby Cow where she has similar washed up politicians on to talk about feminism but then at the end they all have a dance under the credits

No money in telly now though :(

olliebean

The Times, the Telegraph, and the Mail all going with "Look at the massive scale of Labour spending as revealed by these figures someone has pulled out of their arse." The Mail going with "That'll cost every UK household £43,000," which is utterly mendacious even if the 1.2 trillion figure was true.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 10, 2019, 09:32:40 AM
most of his followers will have no idea who she is.

In the 90s she could look forward to a chat show called Gobby Cow where she has similar washed up politicians on to talk about feminism but then at the end they all have a dance under the credits

No money in telly now though :(

Most of us would have lapped it up in those Halycon days. That sort of blind revelry (your Norton's, your Magenta Devine's) - this is why we are where we are today

New folder

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/10/labour-is-our-only-hope-jess-phillips-calls-on-party-to-stay-united

QuoteJess Phillips today pleads with fellow Labour MPs, activists and supporters to stick with the party and not follow Tom Watson out of politics, ...

Uh, did I miss something? Is Tom Watson really leading a mass exodus out of politics? Who is she pleading with?

maybe she heard it from her new bff walliams

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 10, 2019, 12:42:19 AM
emma watson said she was "self partnered" as a euphemism for single. thats it.

That's it?  Not even wanking?

Unsubscribing from the Telegraph today.

idunnosomename

I dont know if watson brought up wanking

No! Not that watson urgg oh no

olliebean

Replies From View

Quote from: olliebean on November 10, 2019, 12:46:39 PM
I mean it's a pretty obvious euphemism, so...

Well apparently it only means "single" so the joke is on you there.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Replies From View on November 10, 2019, 11:44:52 AM
That's it?  Not even wanking?

No, that would have been a ménage à un or a one-in-a-bed romp.

phantom_power

Quote from: New folder on November 10, 2019, 10:58:58 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/10/labour-is-our-only-hope-jess-phillips-calls-on-party-to-stay-united

Uh, did I miss something? Is Tom Watson really leading a mass exodus out of politics? Who is she pleading with?

maybe she heard it from her new bff walliams

I mean she may be a prize twat but fair's fair. This is the right message to be sending now. She could easily have stirred the shit again

Rich Uncle Skeleton

gib

Quote from: phantom_power on November 10, 2019, 10:17:47 PM
I mean she may be a prize twat but fair's fair. This is the right message to be sending now. She could easily have stirred the shit again

yeah fair enough really

idunnosomename

has she come out in support of superbrain Rees Mogg who doesnt listen to idiot prole firemen yet

Blumf

Vaz out:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50369905
QuoteMr Vaz, who has been MP for Leicester East for 32 years, said in a statement he was retiring from Parliament.

idunnosomename

more time for coke with gigolos i guess. never really understood all that

quite frankly that alone wouldnt put me off voting for someone. sounds like a lot of fun

New folder

Quote from: phantom_power on November 10, 2019, 10:17:47 PM

breaking: cunt temporarily didn't cunt, nation in shock, healing crystal page 8

pigamus

Leo2112

Quote from: pigamus on November 11, 2019, 01:17:12 AM
Guardian got a new attack line. Know who Corbyn has betrayed this time?

Are Brave Grime Artists.

No, seriously.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/nov/10/grime4corbyn-artists-step-back-from-new-campaign-for-labour

I like that this is the conclusion of the piece:

Moving on from grime to something else makes sense for both activists and Labour, he added. "You need something new and fresh, so they probably don't want to make it too boring by repeating themselves," he said. "Regardless of what they do, we're still very likely to see a large portion of the BAME community voting for Labour."

A Labour insider said there was ongoing contact with some grime acts but that no events could be announced for the time being.

A completely pointless non-article then.

chveik

the guardian isn't it

who knows what shite it will be next time

BlodwynPig

greencalx

Quote from: mr. logic on November 11, 2019, 04:24:11 AM
What exactly is The Guardian's problem?

Corbyn. All the journos went to the same schools/unis as Blair, Miliband, Umunna et al and have their stories phoned in by them. They simply can't compute that someone with a different life experience to their own can end up running the show.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The collection of individuals working at a high level there whose politics stink of shit.

The fact the editors have now sold out to the British security services.

jobotic

holyzombiejesus

I saw all the papers set up outside the petrol station this morning. All the usual culprits lead with pro-Johnson stuff about him changing the law to protect ex-soldiers yet the proudly Republican Guardian has a picture of the queen next to a woman. You'd think they might possibly think that they could even up coverage a bit by printing, I dunno, a picture of Corbyn next to a miserable old man with a medal or a positive headline about what Labour would do to help ex-servicemen. There's a video doing the rounds of Jeremy talking to an ex soldier and he comes across so well, but the Guardian just allow the right wing to own this.

ZoyzaSorris

Yes but the Guardian don't want Labour to win so why would they do anything to help that happen?

KennyMonster

Also I believe that they have a very convoluted tax payment arrangement due to them being owned by The Scott Trust, a charity.

I don't know why a paper with a dwindling circulation and strange tax avoidance arrangements would fear a Corbyn government with MCDonnel as Chancellor?