Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

The Guardian gave money to both Sam Wollaston and Jonathan Jones to produce content so theres something deeply wrong with it

madhair60

Cunt bowed like shit once again I see

Bow properly you nazi

BlodwynPig

olliebean

Is it just me, or is someone putting Corbyn in suit jackets that are too large for him recently? Are they trying to make him look broader-shouldered, or what?

NoSleep

As long as he doesn't start taking sartorial advice from the clown-suited Neil Kinnock.

Buelligan

Quote from: olliebean on November 11, 2019, 05:22:44 PM
Is it just me, or is someone putting Corbyn in suit jackets that are too large for him recently? Are they trying to make him look broader-shouldered, or what?

Nah, if anything his shoulder width has decreased, some of his old jackets, when he was still in his natural state, were insanely capacious (even if you factor in the 90s). 

Big jacket

olliebean

Must be me, then. I just haven't noticed before.

Replies From View

I must fail to perceive jacket size I think.  I can see if the jacket arms are extending comically far over a person's hands, but elsewhere on the jacket's body it doesn't really connect for me.

Zetetic

The sad truth is that we're looking at least two terror-jackets in that photo, possibly more.

Replies From View

Quote from: Zetetic on November 11, 2019, 07:06:29 PM
The sad truth is that we're looking at least two terror-jackets in that photo, possibly more.

If a jacket is worn underneath another jacket can we really say we are looking at them?  Directionally
I suppose we are.

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on November 11, 2019, 07:03:42 PM
I must fail to perceive jacket size I think.  I can see if the jacket arms are extending comically far over a person's hands, but elsewhere on the jacket's body it doesn't really connect for me.

When you say "jacket" is it code for "antisemitism"?  If so, you should consider getting yourself a Margaret Hodge.  Not as popular as they used to be, even with the kiddies, but still useful if you're suffering from jacket blindness.  If you don't even have a jacket, she can be relied on to fit you up.

olliebean

He might just have narrow shoulders. A well-fitted jacket would be fine but he strikes me as the sort of person who's likely to buy off-the-peg, and as a narrow-shouldered man myself (albeit one who rarely wears jackets), I know they tend to be too wide across the shoulders and consequently hang a bit weirdly. I reckon that's what's going on.

Buelligan

Yes, I have the same problem.  A fucking ectomorph, any jacket with long enough arms can fit someone with about three times my body-width into the, um, body.  My favourite shoulders photo of Crobbs is the one where he's being characterised as scruffy, I think that jacket fits him best of all his jackets.

Good shoulders

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: olliebean on November 11, 2019, 07:00:56 PM
Must be me, then. I just haven't noticed before.

No, it's not just you. They are amusingly slightly too large.

Quote from: olliebean on November 11, 2019, 07:18:39 PM
He might just have narrow shoulders. A well-fitted jacket would be fine but he strikes me as the sort of person who's likely to buy off-the-peg, and as a narrow-shouldered man myself (albeit one who rarely wears jackets), I know they tend to be too wide across the shoulders and consequently hang a bit weirdly. I reckon that's what's going on.

I think you're right.

Johnny Yesno

Dr Rock

QuoteJEREMY CORBYN'S appearance at the annual Remembrance Sunday service in Whitehall has caused a Twitter row to erupt as people clashed over whether the Labour leader bowed his head low enough to honour the war dead at the cenotaph.

While Johnson cocked the whole thing up and was apparently looking around bored during the two minute silence.

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 09, 2019, 01:04:30 AM
Is it ok to admit these days i kinda fancy rayner.
I hope so. I do so on a regular basis.

Johnny Yesno

idunnosomename

seeing her give a speech tomorrow maybe my "stan" will improve. as the "zoomers" say.

phantom_power

Briefly heard something on Radio 4 this morning about how lots of traditional Labour supporters are abandoning the party because of their stance on Kashmir. It is pretty much constant negative press now. I thought there were rules on this sort of thing

Zetetic

Resolution Foundation (vaguely Blairite think-tank, but better than that would suggest) have done a bit on what's driven increases in employment:
https://www.resolutionfoundation.org/publications/feel-poor-work-more/

The URL pretty much summarises it...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

And if this is all the growth we can muster with such full employment that's very alarming.

NJ Uncut

Labour talk about the suppressed report into Tory Russian ties
Labour get DDOSed to shit, from unknown sources

Yeah, uncle Vlad, I've solved it.

Jockice

Will I do my usual rant here about the Guardian's offices containing more posh-voiced people than anywhere I've ever been in my life? And add the bit about the only working class people they've ever met being their cleaners?

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Jockice on November 12, 2019, 10:57:27 AM
Will I do my usual rant here about the Guardian's offices containing more posh-voiced people than anywhere I've ever been in my life? And add the bit about the only working class people they've ever met being their cleaners?

I wonder if they still do that Purdah Day thing Private Eye reported.. Basically forcing people to take unpaid time off, interns targeted specifically

holyzombiejesus

BBC news last night was quite good re Corbyn, stating that Johnson had called the Cobra meeting due to Corbyn calling for him to do so. This was stated in two successive reports, too. Think JC's attack line about how "If this had happened in Surrey instead of Yorkshire and the East Midlands, I think it would have been a very different story" is a really effective one, certainly round here.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: NJ Uncut on November 12, 2019, 10:48:46 AM

I think it's big news, not just an aside to get swept under.

I'm fuckin prescient today. Removed, nobody else is arsed

holyzombiejesus

Serious question, why doesn't Corbyn sue people like Nick Boles when he labels him an anti-semite? Is it because victory in the ensuing court case would still prove to cause more damage? Or can we not trust people who decide who is and isn't an anti-semite? The defence would call Stephen Pollard blah blah blah.

Kelvin

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 12, 2019, 12:01:47 PM
Serious question, why doesn't Corbyn sue people like Nick Boles when he labels him an anti-semite? Is it because victory in the ensuing court case would still prove to cause more damage? Or can we not trust people who decide who is and isn't an anti-semite? The defence would call Stephen Pollard blah blah blah.

Presumably because it's not something you can disprove when anyone making the accusation can just say, "ah, but he's been leader during the anti semitism crisis and not done enough, which is anti-Semitic, ah".