Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

NoSleep

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 12, 2019, 12:01:47 PM
Serious question, why doesn't Corbyn sue people like Nick Boles when he labels him an anti-semite? Is it because victory in the ensuing court case would still prove to cause more damage? Or can we not trust people who decide who is and isn't an anti-semite? The defence would call Stephen Pollard blah blah blah.

Better not chasing up negatives planted by others but standing up for positives.

holyzombiejesus

Yeah. Would be so nice to see this cunt have to offer a grovelling apology though.

QuoteIf Labour wins a majority next month, the public will vote to install an anti-Semite in No 10 Downing Street. A man who let Momentum's stormtroopers hound a young Jewish mother, Luciana Berger, out of the Labour Party and stood by while they tried to deselect one of Labour's leading lights in London, Margaret Hodge. A man who, as lifelong Labour supporter Ian Austin said last week, has made a career out of backing Britain's enemies and attacking our friends.

QuoteThere is something about @jessphillips that I find irresistible. I would walk over hot coals for her. And yes she would be a great Prime Minister.

NoSleep

Dr Rock

Possibly illegal to say some of that stuff during an election.

NoSleep

Dr Rock

Quotehound a young Jewish mother, Luciana Berger

She's 38.

Buelligan

What is it with the mother thing too?  Rose West was a mother.

Dr Rock

Quote...hound the ex-Director of Labour Friends of Israel, a middle-aged Jewish person who campaigned against dogs and for homeopathy on the NHS, until she left the Party for another, before leaving that one too.

holyzombiejesus

I n that piece, Boles states that he will vote Libdem because he wants a fairer electoral system. Yet, when you look at his voting record, "Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs". Wish we could still wish physical harm on someone.

idunnosomename

Fuckin Rayner and Corbyn on fire in Blackpool today. Popped collar fourth estate oxbridge cunts couldnt give a shit about National Education Service. Farage Farage rar rar Brexit we caused this fucking mess with our boy Cameron

Still both of them great on answering them

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on November 12, 2019, 12:42:30 PM
What is it with the mother thing too?  Rose West was a mother.

'many times over' (The BBC, January 1994)

olliebean

Quote from: phantom_power on November 12, 2019, 07:32:57 AM
Briefly heard something on Radio 4 this morning about how lots of traditional Labour supporters are abandoning the party because of their stance on Kashmir. It is pretty much constant negative press now. I thought there were rules on this sort of thing

There are for broadcasters, not for newspapers (unless it's libel).

KennyMonster

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 12, 2019, 01:08:53 PM
Fuckin Rayner and Corbyn on fire in Blackpool today. Popped collar fourth estate oxbridge cunts couldnt give a shit about National Education Service. Farage Farage rar rar Brexit we caused this fucking mess with our boy Cameron

Still both of them great on answering them

Not according to the live summary in the Graun.

Rayner stole the show. Corbyn was uninspired in comparison and the venue was a bit empty.

So I can only  assume it was a full house and Corbyn stormed it.

holyzombiejesus

It doesn't say anything of the sort!

Quote[Corbyn] was given a standing ovation by the activists here, and his promise that the NHS is "not for sale" in a trade deal with the US under a Labour government was greeted with enthusiastic applause.

But the star turn was Rayner, who talked about the importance of adult education in her own life, after she left school at 16 to look after her son

Just anecdotally, the atmosphere is warm here, but the audience doesn't seem quite as big, as young or as lively as the most memorable Labour events I went to during the 2017 campaign. Back then, some Corbyn fans were coming from miles around just to get a glimpse of their man.

Labour campaigners I chatted to here said they were finding a lot of "undecideds" on the doorstep. Perhaps enthusiasm will build as we get closer to 12 December? We'll see.

idunnosomename

It was RSVP'd to capacity and all the seats were full pretty much. It wasnt a big or particularly nice venue (fucking garbage stadium with very cheap conference facilaties)

ZoyzaSorris

KennyMonster

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 12, 2019, 03:27:30 PM
It doesn't say anything of the sort!

I swear that's not what I read earlier (admittedly it was during work so only glancing), it seemed much more damning of Corbyn to me.

"Rayner lets rip as Corbyn dies on his lips
John Crace"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/12/angela-rayner-lets-rip-as-jeremy-corbyn-dies-on-his-lips-labour-election-education

idunnosomename

I guess you see what you want to see. but goes to show a guardian correspondent is just desperate to see Corbyn floundering so we can have a Tony Blair clone who works for the fourth estate.

Dr Rock

QuoteLabour campaigners I chatted to here said they were finding a lot of "undecideds" on the doorstep. Perhaps enthusiasm will build as we get closer to 12 December? We'll see.

I wonder if they said 'It's not too bad. Lot of undecideds, which is disappointing'

or 'It's going really well, loads of enthusiasm for Labour - and there are still lots of undecideds, and as you can see by the polls we're converting them into supporters every day!'

Zetetic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 12, 2019, 10:18:44 AM
And if this is all the growth we can muster with such full employment that's very alarming.
Terrible "productivity" as it will be called (obfuscating that this is about worthless jobs rathe than inefficient workers).

I imagine this has actually lowered the real utility of labour - forcing parents etc into paid employment that's ultimately less useful than looking after their families and communities.

idunnosomename

i suspect the fact that LABOUR is bigger than (independent group for change) means it's open to a legal challenge

BlodwynPig

All of these people who are 'sick of politicians and their lies' and then vote for Gapes...should be condemned for rank hypocrisy

chveik

does The Mighty Gapes have any chance of winning?

imitationleather

It's about as likely as a rat driving a car.

Ohhhh shiiiiiiiii...

idunnosomename

i like how Labour is capitalised but independent isnt

gib

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 12, 2019, 11:43:15 PM
i like how Labour is capitalised but independent isnt

not just Labour mate, Real Labour.