Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:11:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

greencalx

The Guardian is now fawning over Angela Rayner https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/13/farage-working-in-cahoots-with-johnson-claims-angela-rayner to an extent that makes me wonder if they've confused her for Jess Phillips.

They can't resist getting a dig in at Corbyn along the way though

She was speaking on Labour's bright red battlebus after launching the party's lifelong learning policy at Blackpool football club, alongside Jeremy Corbyn.

They made a brief campaign stop in Blackpool town centre, before the Labour leader was whisked off to Doncaster to visit flood-hit communities.

A small crowd of supporters gathered, some keen for selfies with Corbyn and Rayner – but other passersby appeared less than enthusiastic.

One young woman challenged a Labour aide about Corbyn's stance on defence, asking how he had dared to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph on Sunday; a passing car slowed down so its passenger could make a series of insulting hand gestures; and a man on a mobility scooter insisted he couldn't vote for Corbyn because he "doesn't want Brexit".

But Rayner said Labour's Brexit policy was "pragmatic" and the threat of a rightwing Conservative government should give voters pause for thought.

Look at the narrative right there... Corbyn being "whisked away" to Doncaster, implying that this was a PR stunt and that he would rather be somewhere else. The "small crowd" of supporters giving the impression that they were outnumbered by unenthusiastic passers. In turn, these offered legitimate comment on Corbyn, with Rayner coming in to save the day.

Editorialising cunts.

BlodwynPig

Time Trumpet Reboot

Quoteand a man on a mobility scooter insisted he couldn't vote for Corbyn because he "doesn't want Brexit"

idunnosomename

At least he wasnt off his fucking face contradicting his ministers on his great deal

pancreas

I was there for that appalling clapping. God knows whose stupid fucking idea it was. Everyone in the audience was doing it too. Eventually Corbyn was the one who was like, 'what the fuck are we doing' and called a halt by picking up his speech from the lectern.

BlodwynPig

It would have been alright with a jazz funk backing

EOLAN

Quote from: gib on November 13, 2019, 12:30:56 AM
not just Labour mate, Real Labour.

So we had Continuity Change UK. Now Real Labour candidate. Are they just running through the various naming conventions of break-off IRA Groups.
Is Anna Soubry running as the Provisional Conservative candidate.

Chollis

Quote from: greencalx on November 13, 2019, 07:47:44 AM
The Guardian is now fawning over Angela Rayner https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/13/farage-working-in-cahoots-with-johnson-claims-angela-rayner to an extent that makes me wonder if they've confused her for Jess Phillips.

They can't resist getting a dig in at Corbyn along the way though

Look at the narrative right there... Corbyn being "whisked away" to Doncaster, implying that this was a PR stunt and that he would rather be somewhere else. The "small crowd" of supporters giving the impression that they were outnumbered by unenthusiastic passers. In turn, these offered legitimate comment on Corbyn, with Rayner coming in to save the day.

Editorialising cunts.

yer man Crace takes it even further!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/12/angela-rayner-lets-rip-as-jeremy-corbyn-dies-on-his-lips-labour-election-education

NJ Uncut

Johnny Yesno

idunnosomename

born to be a journalist that little bollocks. up the ladder lickety split then kick it down like the cunt he is

Buelligan

Thought the question about whether his poor single mother would've allowed him to take up the scholarship place at the expensive private school he attended if she'd been contracted to pay back the fees (with interest) was particularly perspicacious.

so lads, 4 day week or not, Ashworth's gone feral

Rich Uncle Skeleton

QuoteHe didn't mean that he shouldn't get free education, just that other people shouldn't.

Summed it up pretty well, as is usually the case in this situation.

QuoteJeremy Corbyn told LBC that the "right thing to do" would have been to arrest IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after he was killed in a US operation.

exactly how do you arrest someone wearing a suicide vest?

littlefoot

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 13, 2019, 05:29:19 PM

Quote from: Jeremy CorbynHim being removed from the scene is a very good thing. If it would have been possible to arrest him — I don't know the details of the circumstances at the time; I've only seen various statements put out by the U.S. about it — surely that would've been the right thing to do. If we want to live in a world of peace and justice, we should practice it as well

Paulie, are you genuinely this ill-informed, or are you a parody account? Either way, you're very boring.

Paul Calf

Quote from: littlefoot on November 13, 2019, 05:33:19 PM
Paulie, are you genuinely this ill-informed, or are you a parody account? Either way, you're very boring.

I fail to see how what you've posted goes any way towards correcting the absolute fucking absurdity of Corbyn claiming that arresting al-Baghdadi was even a remote possibility a full 3 weeks after he died and everyone other than silly old gammon commies living in vaccuums now knowing the full details of

But you're definitely not in a cult, and yes everyone's a troll

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 13, 2019, 06:43:47 PM
I fail to see how what you've posted goes any way towards correcting the absolute fucking absurdity of Corbyn claiming that arresting al-Baghdadi was even a remote possibility a full 3 weeks after he died and everyone other than silly old gammon commies living in vaccuums now knowing the full details of

You love death and terror of those who are not you. I tell you what, when you are cornered and wearing a terror vest, I'd still stand up for you not to die. Choice to pull the chord is your own, of course.

Johnny Yesno

QuoteJeremy Corbyn told LBC that the "right thing to do" would have been to arrest IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi after he was killed in a US operation.

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 13, 2019, 05:29:19 PM

Never mind that. How do you arrest someone after they've been killed in a US operation?

idunnosomename

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 13, 2019, 07:00:36 PM
You love death and terror of those who are not you. I tell you what, when you are cornered and wearing a terror vest, I'd still stand up for you not to die. Choice to pull the chord is your own, of course.
this is the right response

imagine going off your rocker about someone because of their general stance on pacifism,  human empathy and desire for justice rather than vindictive eye-for-eye violence

what a bad lad you'd be.

Konki

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 13, 2019, 06:43:47 PM

Do we turn you on? Is that why you keep coming back for more? You give me a very hard horn.

Dr Rock

He thinks he winds us up. Any response is a victory. This response is a victory. He's boring, at least Milverton was sometimes funny. If everyone ignored him he would go away. But I'm not telling anyone what to do. But I am advising everyone what to do.