Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:44:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 25: Don't recall the time I felt this alive

Started by pancreas, October 15, 2019, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo2112

The boys are coming round and you better fucking do what they say if you know what's good for you.

greencalx

The scariest thing in the world is a 70-year old holding a disposable coffee cup.

phantom_power

Where is the PR person ripping out of his hand because of the optics? Fucking shambles

Replies From View

king_tubby

Fucking love that picture of Red Ed. He's gonna fuck shit up, you just know it.

holyzombiejesus

I like Ed. Weird to think how he was slated as being a Marxist and a danger to society just 4 years ago. He's never sniped or briefed against Corbyn, seems like a decent man.

king_tubby

Yeah, I think he was very badly advised. And of course he had antisemitic dogwhistles thrown at him by the right wing media during his leadership.

Buelligan

I don't know why, I had a sort of mystical revelation last night at work.  I was beavering away and I really do beaver extremely hard. 

But sometimes (often) my mind goes walkies across the face of the universe.  And so it was last night.  I found my heart and mind filling with peace and happiness and I realised that Labour are going to win this.  I don't know how but I know it will come to pass. 

So keep working you dogs, keep knocking those fucking doors like your lives depend on it.  They do.

And thanks for doing it.  Really mean that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on November 14, 2019, 09:25:31 AM
I don't know why, I had a sort of mystical revelation last night at work.  I was beavering away and I really do beaver extremely hard. 

But sometimes (often) my mind goes walkies across the face of the universe.  And so it was last night.  I found my heart and mind filling with peace and happiness and I realised that Labour are going to win this.  I don't know how but I know it will come to pass. 

So keep working you dogs, keep knocking those fucking doors like your lives depend on it.  They do.

And thanks for doing it.  Really mean that.

Did you find that revelation in the magic car park?

BlodwynPig

Grandpa Semtex and the Magic Car Park
Grandpa Semtex and the Magic Money Tree

poodlefaker

Quote from: king_tubby on November 14, 2019, 08:18:39 AM
Fucking love that picture of Red Ed. He's gonna fuck shit up, you just know it.
It's Christmas in Albert Square, and Ed's back with some scores to settle...

holyzombiejesus

Just going back to Ed, was he a stepping stone to 'Corbynism' or would it have happened regardless. Or not arsed cigs.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 14, 2019, 10:01:52 AM
Grandpa Semtex and the Magic Car Park
Grandpa Semtex and the Magic Money Tree

Heheh, I love those.  Do you think J R Hartley could do something with them, you know, like she copies other stuff?  She's left Labour though now hasn't she?  Now she's rich and comfortable.

Funcrusher

poodlefaker

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 14, 2019, 10:23:39 AM
Just going back to Ed, was he a stepping stone to 'Corbynism' or would it have happened regardless. Or not arsed cigs.
I think after Ed a lot of people thought that's enough trying to appease the centrists and the right, we might as well go all out Marxist polytechnic lecturer.

KennyMonster

The policies and direction of Labour under the leadership of Eds Milliband and Balls inspired me to join a political party for the first time in my life.

I was a member of The Greens for a couple of years thanks to their Austerity lite, acceptance of the Tory rhetoric that Labour's public spending brought on the whole financial crash of 2008 and Milliband flogging copies of The Sun.

Replies From View

Quote from: Leo2112 on November 14, 2019, 01:29:29 AM

The boys are coming round and you better fucking do what they say if you know what's good for you.

Something about the Driscoll Brothers.

I'm not very good at this.

Buelligan

Bit Bricktop or Mr Bridger.  Love the jacket, he should consider doing more of this stuff.  Johnson would run and hide behind some girly swots.

BlodwynPig

Funcrusher

Johnny Yesno

Cummings would tell you that it wasn't essential but just one of many branching paths to the same or a similar result. What's important is whether there's a mood for that change.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: KennyMonster on November 14, 2019, 11:37:46 AM
The policies and direction of Labour under the leadership of Eds Milliband and Balls inspired me to join a political party for the first time in my life.

I was a member of The Greens for a couple of years thanks to their Austerity lite, acceptance of the Tory rhetoric that Labour's public spending brought on the whole financial crash of 2008 and Milliband flogging copies of The Sun.

Miliband is a stepping stone in the sense that going round to your uncle then finding he is slowly burning his own house down, then backing the fuck out of there is a stepping stone.

I like Miliband the person and I think he has some adventurous politics but he was the definition of weak. Led by others, not a leader.

Funcrusher

NoSleep

I guess Miliband et al thought the general public were lobotomised enough (by years of neoliberalism) to be invited to "have a say" in the internal affairs of the Labour Party. Instead many politically disenfranchised people saw an opening to transform the party and wasted no time in doing so.

We have Miliband to thank for leaving that door open for us, and the members of the PLP that OKed Corbyn as a "token lefty who won't stand a chance" leadership candidate. The stuff of revolutions.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Funcrusher on November 14, 2019, 05:55:52 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/14/concerns-about-antisemitism-mean-we-cannot-vote-labour

Thought John Le Carre was better than this. Guess I thought wrong. Finding out who's who in these times.

Joanna Lumley doesn't like Corbyn. Fuck me. Colour me fucking shocked.

Zetetic

OMOV was mooted by Blair (or maybe Brown?) pre-1997 GE. Possibly driven by getting Labour away from union leaders. (Edit: History of this via John Smith, is more complicated and interesting than I've remembered and claimed there...)

Don't think that's why Ed finally did it, mind you.

Twed