Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your favourite pathetic/vile/lowlife comedy characters

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, October 16, 2019, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Comedy featuring reprehensible scumbags is obviously the best kind and something that brits fucking love. This thread is for discussing your favourite characters and their foibles:

I'll start with a classic.

Richard Richard

What I love about him is his ability to swing from vicious cruelty (almost always towards Eddie) to weeping self loathing, snobbery and sly mendacity all within the space of a blink of an eye (see: "So ya think you're good games do ya big boy?" and the look on his face as he abruptly changes). Of course this is all down to the genius that was Rik playing the character of his life, he WAS Richie albeit with a veneer of normality laid on top to allow him to live a normal life.

bgmnts

I want to say Arnold Rimmer but I am unsure if he qualifies as vile or a lowlife, just a selfish coward.

Twed

Twed

Tony Tony Tony

QDRPHNC

NJ Uncut

Sin Agog

Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda.  Never has there been a bigger quality gulf between an actor's best role and their second best role (prolix way of saying it's easily the best thing he's ever done).

chveik

Gurke and Hare

H-O-W-L

Cold Meat Platter

What about

He was a degenerate bastard and no mistake.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 16, 2019, 06:54:18 PM
Super Hans.

Not much of Hans beats some of the stuff he came out with in his introductory episode

"Got to fax my soul off to God - for an upgrade" (then laughs at his own remark while lounging on someone else's bed in his shoes)
"We are going to have parties in here that go beyond fun...and actually get really nasty"
"What you doing there is - you're drinking an advert, aintcha - shithead"
"Tell you what, how about as a fucking off present, we spike him?"

Funnier as an absolutely reprehensible towny piece of shit than the overly broad wisecracking, seen it all before oddball he was turned into.

Ja'moke

It's got to be Frank from Always Sunny. In fact, Sunny is full of lowlife characters.

EOLAN

rasta-spouse

Bob Odenkirk in Larry Sanders. "That's what makes America such a great company"

earl_sleek

Rafi from The League is brilliantly depraved and deranged. Probably the best character in the show.

Kryton

Nobody can do barely contained rage and bitterness better than Reece Shearsmith, thus I vote Ollie Plimsolls.

The again Pemberton's Pop is much viler.

grassbath

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 16, 2019, 09:41:03 PM
Not much of Hans beats some of the stuff he came out with in his introductory episode

"Got to fax my soul off to God - for an upgrade" (then laughs at his own remark while lounging on someone else's bed in his shoes)
"We are going to have parties in here that go beyond fun...and actually get really nasty"
"What you doing there is - you're drinking an advert, aintcha - shithead"
"Tell you what, how about as a fucking off present, we spike him?"

Funnier as an absolutely reprehensible towny piece of shit than the overly broad wisecracking, seen it all before oddball he was turned into.

'Absolutely not, that is the one thing I stand against - a thousand times, NO'

Dusty Substance

I haven't seen it since it was last on telly (nearly 20 years) but how about Kathy Burke as Linda La Hughes from Gimme, Gimme, Gimme?  If only for the "something in my eye" gag.

Sebastian Cobb

Marsha in Spaced if only for the *pop* waheeey two seconds after being asked to look after a bottle of plonk.

beanheadmcginty

neveragain

The Right Honourable Dr. Sir Les Patterson. Completely vile in every conceivable way but performed with such perfect clowning skills as to be innately lovable.

Bazooka

Quote from: Kryton on October 16, 2019, 10:18:53 PM

Nobody can do barely contained rage and bitterness better than Reece Shearsmith, thus I vote Ollie Plimsolls.

The again Pemberton's Pop is much viler.

We must have be in the same hive mind, Pop sprung straight up.  Richie though, its no contest,utterly disgusting and pathetic, but you feel for him whilst repulsed.

sutin

How the hell have so many people replied to this thread and i'm the first to say Constanza?!