Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your favourite pathetic/vile/lowlife comedy characters

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, October 16, 2019, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neveragain

Quote from: Yussef Dent on March 28, 2020, 05:33:04 AM
Tony from Human Remains. It's probably because of how Rob Brydon plays it exceptionally, right down to how the Australian accent is not overdone, there's no real need for him to be an Australian, no backstory as to why, but it just somehow works. I've got my own opinions as to what happens at the end though which seem to differ from many who have watched it but that could well be for another thread in itself.

Ooh go on.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 28, 2020, 05:56:18 AM
Lahey is a constant cunt. Cyrus does outdo him though.

Mr Lahey definitely fits the "pathetic" part of this thread though. Has there ever been a comedy character more pathetic than Lahey?

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 28, 2020, 02:20:23 PM
Mr Lahey definitely fits the "pathetic" part of this thread though. Has there ever been a comedy character more pathetic than Lahey?

A certain Mr Richard Richard has to be up there.

Blue Jam

Can't really argue with that. Mr Lahey does get laid on the regular, at least.

dex

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 28, 2020, 05:56:18 AM
Lahey is a constant cunt. Cyrus does outdo him though.

Lahey isn't a bad person necessarily, his main loyalty is to the park. That's why he's the supervisor. The boys always try to fuck the place up, so from his perspective he's doing the right thing by trying to ruin their schemes. He is a lowlife though.

Cyrus is just a dick. Doesn't even have his grade 12.

Sebastian Cobb

Yes not to mention the boys got Lahey fired from the police.

Randy's more pathetic than Lahey anyway. Whoring himself out for cheeseburgers.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 28, 2020, 09:18:35 PM
Yes not to mention the boys got Lahey fired from the police.

Randy's more pathetic than Lahey anyway. Whoring himself out for cheeseburgers.

A mans gotta eat.

Surely Ray is the biggest lowlife in Sunnyvale.

Urinal Cake

Lahey is essentially given a 'keep busy' job by his wife and is playing a cop to spite the boys. His wife doesn't really care as long as the boys pay their rent.

Randy took care of Cyrus and cares for Lahey so he's not that bad. He also gets laid on the regular.
But in terms of cuntishness Cyrus > Lahey > Ricky 

Blue Jam

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on March 28, 2020, 10:44:47 PM
Surely Ray is the biggest lowlife in Sunnyvale.

The piss jugs are pretty disgusting, aye.

What about Ricky? Lives in a trailer park... in a car. Hasn't even got a shed like Bubbles. Pathetic maybe, and definitely greasy, but not a dick.

Blue Jam

I know we've mentioned Super Hans as a charming sleazy lowlife, but what about Mark Corrigan? He's not sleazy or a lowlife, but he is both pathetic and vile.

Urinal Cake

I think what saves Ricky is that while he's always scheming to get rich (and I guess out of his car) but he tries to be a good son, friend and dad.

Mark from Peep Show is pretty sleazy and low, he's tired to 'win' Sophie, Dobby, historian girl from some sort of love rival or another.

PowerButchi

George Green and Sam Losco are the worst on the trailer park I'd say. But even they have their decent moments.

Ferris

Good moments aren't enough to save a character. For every monologue about loving the park, Julian still drinks dirty old swish from the trunk of his car and dances with an old dirty dog.

Low-lives, all.

Quote from: PowerButchi on March 29, 2020, 12:16:17 AM
George Green and Sam Losco are the worst on the trailer park I'd say. But even they have their decent moments.

Yeah Losco is pretty damn low.

My vote for Ray is based mainly around him feigning disability for years. Funny as fuck, of course, but it doesn't get much worse than that. Piss jugs and VLT's are just the icing on the cake.

Ferris

I had forgotten about Losco, to be fair. He is an order of magnitude worse than the boys.

Urinal Cake

beanheadmcginty

Compo.

(especially that episode where he burst a puppy with his cock)

Yussef Dent

Quote from: neveragain on March 28, 2020, 11:17:16 AM
Ooh go on.

I lent the DVD to a mate and said my favourite one is 'Straight As A Flute" and she said that as much as she enjoyed it she thought it was a little bit harsh that Tony had cancer at the end, revealed when Beverley rings up the vicar's answer machine. I know other people who think the same (I think I also saw that be the general consensus on here years ago when I was a lurker in these parts), however right from since I first watched it my view she's lying. Their weird obsession with David and Dennis has stretched to stalking them further by getting their new number after they moved away, they'll try anything to get back into their perception of being in their lives, and out of sheer desperation they've come up with that to get some sympathy off them.

neveragain

Interesting and I see where you're coming from but that's not how I take it. Firstly, Bev seems genuinely upset on the phone rather than putting it on and secondly I'm sure Tony says something along the lines of "may God strike me down", which it always seemed to me was there to foreshadow the ending.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 29, 2020, 12:29:52 AM
I had forgotten about Losco, to be fair. He is an order of magnitude worse than the boys.

Losco was a weird character though. At the start he was just a vet Ricky visited to get a bullet taken out. It wasn't until he got sacked thanks to the boys that he became a degenerate and literal caveman.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 31, 2020, 11:00:23 AM
Losco was a weird character though. At the start he was just a vet Ricky visited to get a bullet taken out. It wasn't until he got sacked thanks to the boys that he became a degenerate and literal samsquanch.

Blue Jam

Kieran Culkin as Roman Roy in Succession. In a show where every single character is a prick he still manages to stand out as a slimy little bastard.

samadriel

Of course -- Butch from Sooty! What a grim visage.

Bazooka

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 16, 2020, 05:46:01 PM
Kieran Culkin as Roman Roy in Succession. In a show where every single character is a prick he still manages to stand out as a slimy little bastard.

After watching all the series back to back I'd grown bored of the schtick, same with the sister's "smart swearing", I'm sure it's less polarising on a weekly one episode watch.

Pancake

Jim Royle.

It only becomes apparent when you chain them back to back but he is a piece of shit.

Pancake

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 28, 2020, 11:35:38 PM
I know we've mentioned Super Hans as a charming sleazy lowlife, but what about Mark Corrigan? He's not sleazy or a lowlife, but he is both pathetic and vile.

My other, better forum decided once PS had finished that there isn't one single redeemable character. I can't believe actually rooted for Mark once!

ishantbekeepingit

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 26, 2020, 10:25:27 PM
Does Tiffany Tumbles count?

She's a gatekeeper, a bigot, a MAGAhat... because she's desperate to be accepted by mainstream/conservative society, even though they'll never completely accept her. All through her titular video she behaves quite nastily to her "less acceptable" counterpart, Adria Finley, and in "Transtrenders" is nasty and dismissive to non-binary sensation Baltimore Maryland. Yet in "Tiffany Tumbles" we see how her outward bigotry comes from deep, internalised self-loathing and one can't help but feel sorry for her as she sobs "I wish I were a woman - or anything but this."
I think Tiffany might be my favourite Contra character, although I haven't watched any of her videos for a good while, now.  Certainly I think she's the most relatable, as the combination of self-loathing that leads her to desperately try and get positive feedback from people she knows absolutely hate her means she has the most fleshed out character of any of the "political stand-in" characters.  Plus, totally been there.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Pancake on June 17, 2020, 11:51:16 AM
Jim Royle.

It only becomes apparent when you chain them back to back but he is a piece of shit.

From my viewing of that show in the 90's I had somehow remembered him as a bit revolting but ultimately lovable. I rewatched a few last year and he's actually a nasty prick, especially to Anthony.

buttgammon

We've already had a few Human Remains characters, but what about the Welsh bloke Brydon plays in 'All Over My Glasses'? He's a cruel, exploitative bully.