Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Your favourite pathetic/vile/lowlife comedy characters

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, October 16, 2019, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 21, 2019, 04:42:12 PM
Yes, Jeff isn't half as charming or entertaining as Super Hans.
An extra point in Super Hans' favour comes in the paintball episode, when he, Mark and two strangers are sheltering in a bunker and it's decided that two of them should leave. Mark draws a short straw, but Hans successfully bullshits the other two into leaving. It's arguably out of character - I could easily imagine an earlier incarnation of Hans booting Mark and the other bloke out, in order to shag the young woman - but I've always thought it was quite sweet of him.

Quote from: kalowski on March 20, 2020, 09:30:26 PM
"Peewit!"
As my so-called writing 'career' declines I shall be seizing all possible chances to convince myself I am in some small way still relevant. Peewit: by me.

EBGB

The magnificent Julia Davis as Jill Tyrell in 'Nighty Night' - no explanation needed.
(I've not watched 'Human Remains' in too long, but Flick from ep.1 is pretty horrific too, with her self-absorbed obsession with her dead fiancé.)

and Bebe Glazer in 'Frasier' - his agent, fabulously grotesque in every way.

kalowski

Quote from: sick as a pike on March 21, 2020, 02:17:18 PM
As my so-called writing 'career' declines I shall be seizing all possible chances to convince myself I am in some small way still relevant. Peewit: by me.
You wrote bits of Green Wing?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: sick as a pike on March 21, 2020, 02:17:18 PM
My sister actually coined that word in 1993, as an onomatopoeia for the shrinking sound effect in Mario Kart.

True story.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yer man Pikey also wrote the scene in that show in which Tamsin Grieg points out Stephen Mangan's resemblance to the donkey from " Shrek" . Some of us haven't forgotten.

Hand Solo

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 21, 2020, 03:42:54 PM
My sister actually coined that word in 1993, as an onomatopoeia for the shrinking sound effect in Mario Kart.

True story.

Origin of the Smurfs:

beanheadmcginty

The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells. Colossal pervert.

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 21, 2019, 11:35:43 AM
Everyone in Trailer Park Boys is a pathetic vile lowlife.

Really?!

Bubbles is as big hearted as they come. Ricky is too, although totally misguided.

Of course they shit on Corey and Trevor all the time...but someone's gotta go to jail.

Ferris

It is difficult to argue the bubbles and Ricky are anything but low lives.

DoesNotFollow

Gonna throw my hat in for Salem the cat from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Spiteful and grovelling in equal measure - so pathetic and lowlife in (sometimes just barely) a family friendly sort of way.

I caught a couple of episodes of Sabrina yesterday for the first time in well over a decade-and-a-half and I must say I was surprisingly entertained, and I think it made me laugh more than many other contemporary sitcoms not primarily aimed at kids. As an adult I can really appreciate how manic, dysfunctional and oddball pretty much all the characters are. Silly good fun, so I say.

Autopsy Turvey

Ken Shabby is the king of this, but Sir Les and Peter are in sniffing distance.

Quote from: Alternative Carpark on October 18, 2019, 01:54:19 PM
Would Terry Collier count for this one?

Howay man! He's got hidden depths. A streak of misanthropic gloom and an argumentative sod, but 'vile'?!

Quote from: icehaven on October 18, 2019, 01:05:34 PM
Melchett is a good one. Actually Blackadder himself probably qualifies too, or is he too anti-hero?

Melchett isn't personally vile, it's the system he represents that's vile! Re: Blackadder, Prince Edmund Plantagenet is definitely all three I'd say.
Most of Rik's characters fit the description, but Richard Richard carries more pathos than Rick, Richie Rich or Alan.
Alf Garnett
Both Derek and Clive
Arguably Rigsby

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Mantis Toboggan on March 22, 2020, 07:55:06 AM
Really?!

Bubbles is as big hearted as they come. Ricky is too, although totally misguided.

Of course they shit on Corey and Trevor all the time...but someone's gotta go to jail.
Yeah that's why Bubbles attached his repressed feeling into a doll. Everybody is somewhat sympathetic because of their poverty and circumstances. Lahey is probably the only real out and out cunt there.

Ferris

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 24, 2020, 01:49:33 AM
Yeah that's why Bubbles attached his repressed feeling into a doll. Everybody is somewhat sympathetic because of their poverty and circumstances. Lahey is probably the only real out and out cunt there.

Lahey only did it for the liquor

thenoise

I rewatched the Beans around Christmas time with my wife, and was reminded that as well as being child-like/cartoonish/etc, Bean is also petty, spiteful, selfish, impatient, mean and nasty Mr Bean is.  He's almost vile enough to deserve all the horrible things that happen to him.

markburgle

Quote from: Urinal Cake on March 24, 2020, 01:49:33 AM

Even Lahey has ch**ks of vulnerability and humanity. His love for Randy, and also he was kind to Oscar Goldman when  she wandered into his trailer that time

Urinal Cake

Quote from: markburgle on March 24, 2020, 08:39:07 AM
Even Lahey has ch**ks of vulnerability and humanity. His love for Randy, and also he was kind to Oscar Goldman when  she wandered into his trailer that time
Yes also the time when he took Bubbles cats to the vet to get neutered. I think Lahey is the worst reoccurring character in TPB simply because he hates Ricky and lust-hates Julian so much it pretty much overrides everything else.

samadriel

Graham Linehan.

Wait, he's not my favourite. Oh well.

ollyboro

There's a moment in Seinfeld when Jerry and either George or Kramer are talking. It's revealed that Newman is in the toilet. A couple of minutes later the toilet flushes and in a heartbeat he's sat on the sofa, eating fried chicken with his fingers. Hands washed after shite? Not a fucking chance.

lankyguy95

Creed Bratton. No matter how shit that show became in the last few years, him popping up once an episode saying or doing something selfish, fucked up, or just psychopathic frequently made me laugh.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Does Tiffany Tumbles count?

She's a gatekeeper, a bigot, a MAGAhat... because she's desperate to be accepted by mainstream/conservative society, even though they'll never completely accept her. All through her titular video she behaves quite nastily to her "less acceptable" counterpart, Adria Finley, and in "Transtrenders" is nasty and dismissive to non-binary sensation Baltimore Maryland. Yet in "Tiffany Tumbles" we see how her outward bigotry comes from deep, internalised self-loathing and one can't help but feel sorry for her as she sobs "I wish I were a woman - or anything but this."

Ferris

Yussef Dent

Tony from Human Remains. It's probably because of how Rob Brydon plays it exceptionally, right down to how the Australian accent is not overdone, there's no real need for him to be an Australian, no backstory as to why, but it just somehow works. I've got my own opinions as to what happens at the end though which seem to differ from many who have watched it but that could well be for another thread in itself.