Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:11:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Battles - Juice B Crypts

Started by Shaky, October 18, 2019, 02:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaky

Battles have just released their latest and... it's pretty good.

I find this band a bit of a frustrating listen. Each previous album had a handful of absolutely brilliant tracks surrounded by some filler, and after a couple of listens this new one is no different in that respect. Juice has more of a glitch-y electronic sound, though, probably to cover the loss of yet another member. Stanier remains an absolute beast behind the drumkit and his beats have more of a motorik vibe here to my ears.

Johnny Textface

They're down to two members now aren't they? Saw them in Liverpool a few years ago in a tiny venue and they were fantastic. Couldn't get into 'La de da di' however. Will give the new one a couple of spins, see if it sticks.

Shaky

Yeah, they're down to drummer and guitarist/keyboardist. They make it work by chucking in a shit ton of electronic flourishes. After quite a few listens, I think it's really rather good. Flows much better than the last album.

Bazooka

I won't lie I'd completely forgotten/not listened to them for years, thanks for the heads up, will give a spin.