Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:55:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Records that could fuck up other records.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, October 19, 2019, 06:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: another Mr. Lizard on October 22, 2019, 12:08:25 AM
That Black Grape album with the googly eyes on the front could, possibly, fuck up adjacent CD cases - though it's probably more likely that harm would befall it instead. Quite how the eyes have remained stuck on my copy, I don't know. See also JCC's 'Snap Crackle & Bop' with the poetry book in the pocket - a glance at Discogs suggests that few copies have this intact, and most of those that do are coming unglued. I really ought to have posted this in an alternate thread entitled 'records that could be fucked up by other records'.

My copy has the pocket on there fine, maybe a bit flat, but no book. I didn't even know it was supposed to have anything in it until an old ex-punk that drank in my local told me.

Famous Mortimer

I ran a cassette label in the 90s, and got some fucking bonkers things in the mail as trades for my tapes. One tape came packaged in a crisp packet full of mud; one had hair glued all over it; and my favourite was a limited edition (of 10) 7" single where each one was melted and had different coloured wax poured on it. I say limited edition of 10, he just got ten random 7" singles and thoroughly destroyed them, designed a sleeve then sold them to people.

I also have the Spectrum / Sonic Boom things mentioned in this thread - the one with the wheel where you could mess with the colours was lovely.

another Mr. Lizard

Another for the 'records that could be fucked up by other records' alternate list - the 'Dumb Waiters' 7" by The Psychedelic Furs, which came with a free clear square flexi vinyl sampler comprising excerpts from the band's second album. Stuck to the picture sleeve (so you can play the cover as well as the single within) and therefore exposed to the elements/other record sleeves in your collection. Imagine filing it next to your Durutti Column LP...