Author Topic: Best games on Game Pass that aren't famous?  (Read 9042 times)

Neomod

• .. and HEAVY EQUIPMENT
Re: Best games on Game Pass that aren't famous?
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2021, 01:23:30 PM »
Might download Desperados, does it matter If I haven't played the previous games in the series?

It looks a bit like that squad based second world war game which I also haven't played. What was that called?

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2021, 01:26:45 PM »
Might download Desperados, does it matter If I haven't played the previous games in the series?

It looks a bit like that squad based second world war game which I also haven't played. What was that called?

Commandos.

And no, I don't think it matters if you haven't played the previous ones

Neomod

• .. and HEAVY EQUIPMENT
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2021, 05:58:08 PM »
Ah yes Commandos. Available for the xbone too but apparently bobbins.

I can confirm that Desperados is fun. I'm obviously the sort of person who takes things at a leisurely pace cos the train chapter which apparently can be speed run in 5 minutes took me 75.

Do you get more weapons/tricks the further into the game you get? 

bgmnts

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2021, 06:53:20 PM »
Yeah don't worry you'll get a lot more options.

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2021, 07:48:01 PM »
Can't imagine playing Commandos/Desperadoes on a gamepad.  How well does it translate?

Neomod

• .. and HEAVY EQUIPMENT
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2021, 11:03:34 PM »
Can't imagine playing Commandos/Desperadoes on a gamepad.  How well does it translate?

Apparently the controller hasn't been utilised well on Commandos.

On Desperados it's more intuitive because you have direct control of the characters rather than click on a location for them to walk to. Shoulder buttons are used to change character/weapon so pretty straightforward. I've only just started so i'm getting used to the showdown mode.

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2021, 10:11:53 AM »
Desperados plays really well with the controller.

Tomorrow the Medium launches on Game Pass. Later this afternoon the reviews will be up. Quite curious, especially since it's the first real Xbox exclusive.

bgmnts

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2021, 11:04:46 AM »
Desperados plays really well with the controller.

Tomorrow the Medium launches on Game Pass. Later this afternoon the reviews will be up. Quite curious, especially since it's the first real Xbox exclusive.

I know right? Patented gameplay and Akira Yamaoka! Exciting.

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2021, 12:19:31 AM »
Celeste for a tough 2d platformer (don't be put off by the sega graphics).
Void Bastards a fun fps with a great art style.
Sunset overdrive if you like Ratchet & Clank.

Blue Jam

• Last of the great avuncular magicians
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2021, 01:30:01 AM »
Started Resident Evil 7 today. Shite. It's Gone Home with more blood and loads of unscary (and unskippable) cheesy horror cutscenes. Nah, not for me.

Think I've exhausted Game Pass again. Any good recent additions?

bgmnts

« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »
Started Resident Evil 7 today. Shite. It's Gone Home with more blood and loads of unscary (and unskippable) cheesy horror cutscenes. Nah, not for me.

Think I've exhausted Game Pass again. Any good recent additions?

I personally loved Resident Evil 7 but ho hum.

They have the Yakuza collection on game pass.

Blue Jam

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »
Yeah, might try a bit o' Yakuza next. At least one of the series lets you go into a Japanese arcade and play on the UFO catchers/claw machines. I used to be addicted to those things so that's a big draw for me.

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2021, 03:52:04 PM »
Tried out Monster Train which seems like a good time but also too much like a mobile/portable game that I don't really want to sit down and play it on a tv.  Also the artstyle is really reminiscent of 6/10 xbox live arcade games from 2009 so it puts me off somewhat.

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2021, 04:18:52 PM »
They've just added The Falconeer, a very pretty air combat game. Think Panzer Dragoon meets Crimson Skies with a bit of adventure thrown in and gorgeous graphics.

St_Eddie

• St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2021, 04:24:08 PM »
I personally loved Resident Evil 7 but ho hum.

I'm with you on that; best Resident Evil game since the original/REmake.

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2021, 06:50:36 PM »
Frostpunk's meant to be good.  City management/crisis management/FECISIONS game from the This War of Mine people.

bgmnts

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2021, 06:57:10 PM »
Frostpunk's meant to be good.  City management/crisis management/FECISIONS game from the This War of Mine people.

It's quite difficult, if that's your thing.

Blue Jam

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2021, 01:48:00 PM »
I couldn't get into Frostpunk but I guess that sort of game just isn't my thing.

Been playing lots of Forza Horizon 4 lately. Not one of the less famous games I know, but now I can't get out to Arthur's Seat for a bit of a hike I've found it surprisingly relaxing to be able to drive round a beautiful and eeriily photorealistic simulation of the place instead, with the classical music station on the radio. Nae otters in Dunsapie Loch but apart from that it looks just like it, I got a proper uncanny valley feeling. It somehow feels even more realistic than Google Streetview, it's an incredible feat alright.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2021, 12:38:14 PM »
I do most of my gaming on the pc these days, I don't even have a powerful pc but the loading times for games like FH4 or Destiny 2 are improved 10-fold compared to playing them on my One. Game pass for just the pc is a few quid cheaper than the ultimate game pass for pc and console, are there any decent games worth checking out that are on game pass on console but not on pc?

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2021, 03:17:21 PM »
unfortunately as someone who Game Passes PC-only, I've felt stung a few times. Devil May Cry, Outer Wilds,  Witcher 3 and most recently Pillars of Eternity 2 have all been console/cloud only. It does work both ways, to an extent but overall, the console catalogue tends to be better in my view. Not to say GPC is a bad deal though by any means. I've still got more than enough to actually play, just some of the announcements can be a bit deflating.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2021, 03:24:03 PM »
I see they have Medium and Control on pc pass, which are two games I've been wanting to have a look at so if I just go for that it won't be a total bust.

Tags: