Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TV Shows With Your Home Town/City/County In The Title

Started by Dr Rock, October 21, 2019, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

If you're from Yorkshire, eeh by gum, there's shitloads set there, but in the title... The Yorkshire Vet, that sort of thing. I'm originally from Kent, and I reckon between us, Surrey and Sussex, nothing.

Perhaps you lived in the area of London called Grange Hill. Or live in Dallas. Or Chernobyl.

jobotic

There's an area of Maidstone called South Park.

I don't live there though.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: jobotic on October 21, 2019, 03:02:44 PM

There's a part of Reigate called that too, never lived there myself but my Sister did.

Vaguely on topic is that Reigate features in the mostly forgotten Hugh Laurie and Peter Capaldi series Fortysomething, where a young Benedict Cumberbatch supposedly studies at the University of Reigate, which doesn't exist, and to this day I have no idea why they didn't send him to a University which did.

Dr Rock

I lived quite near there.

jobotic

Obviously it's not in the title but my home town did get a nuclear bomb dropped on it in The War Game .

Dr Rock

There's a 1970 movie directed by Norman Mailer and starring Rip Torn called Maidstone. But it's not set in Kent though

Quotea filmmaker runs for president and makes a movie while campaigning, but decides to fight every person standing in his way.

That's the Maidstone spirit though.

gilbertharding

There's also Springfield - and I used to work there.

jobotic

I abseiled down Springfield Tower (the old library reserve book stock store) for charity as a young man. I was so hungover that it overcame my fear of heights.

This is like a Bygone Kent forum.

Dr Rock

I grew up in Loose. So, Loose Women, that counts (and one of them, Carole McGiffin is from the same council estate as me too, as I've probably mentioned before).

BJBMK2

gilbertharding

Quote from: jobotic on October 21, 2019, 04:11:35 PM
I abseiled down Springfield Tower (the old library reserve book stock store) for charity as a young man. I was so hungover that it overcame my fear of heights.

This is like a Bygone Kent forum.

The Springfield Tower will be gone shortly. And everyone who thought it was an ugly blot on the landscape will have to reconsider their opinions - I saw what they've built next to it the other day: GOPPING.

Famous Mortimer

I remember something unsavoury happened to one of the cast of "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" in my home town, but it wasn't even shown, just referenced in a line of dialogue.

beanheadmcginty

Maidstone does have a Knightrider Street, so it's doing alright for itself.

Sin Agog

I don't actually come from there thank fuck (although I lived for Ellen Ripley's Believe It Or Not as a kid), but I did love that Dennis Potter homage starring the evil bloke off Walking Dead, Blackpool (on youtube here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4b5jV5aYlqk).

Johnny Textface

The upcoming season of the The Bay has scenes filmed in a house opposite my In-laws. They replaced all the furniture in the front room and the front door apparently.

Quote from: sick as a pike on October 21, 2019, 03:02:21 PM
Deal or no Deal.
Right, I'm actually moving to Deal to legitimise all this business. In fact I'm even going to break my femur in the entrance of the Royal Hotel Deal, like Charles Hawtrey.

another Mr. Lizard

Inspector Norse

Sale of the Century

I later moved to the town where a famously bad, long-running sitcom was filmed, but it isn't in the actual title.

Dr Rock

Another one for Kent, though I've never lived there - Colin's Sandwich.

Jockice

Quote from: another Mr. Lizard on October 21, 2019, 11:58:30 PM
Victoria Derbyshire

Do you think her and Sarah Lancashire are arch enemies? If only there was a female celeb with the surname Yorkshire she could get in between them.

Jockice

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

easytarget

Rizla

Glebe

chveik