Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TV Shows With Your Home Town/City/County In The Title

Started by Dr Rock, October 21, 2019, 02:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

non capisco

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravesend_(film)

The 1996 crime film 'Gravesend' is disappointingly all American people called Mikey and Ray going "Ayyyyyyy! Ohhhhhhhh! What'sa matter wit you, you mutt, you?" rather than someone deliberately flicking chips at a strangers neck in a minicab queue because they got knocked back by the barmaid in The Prince Of Orange.

buzby

Liverpool 1 - ITV cop so that ran for 2 series in 1998-99, starring Samantha Janus and Mark Womack. Mainly remembered as where they met each other (they married in 2007). The name was later used by Grosvenor House for it's awful shopping mall that required the demolition of a large part of the city centre and public streets converted to private land.

dr beat

Merseybeat - BBC 1 cop show from the early 2000s filmed around Widnes and Runcorn (at least for the first 3 series), had the Mersey bridge on the logo.  Notable also for the closed Golden Wonder factory, known locally as 'The Crispie', acting as the cop station.

buzby

Quote from: dr beat on October 24, 2019, 09:07:30 AM
Merseybeat - BBC 1 cop show from the early 2000s filmed around Widnes and Runcorn (at least for the first 3 series), had the Mersey bridge on the logo.  Notable also for the closed Golden Wonder factory, known locally as 'The Crispie', acting as the cop station.
It's TV shows with your home town's name in the title, not filmed in your home town!

dr beat

Ah.  Bit early in the morning.  But it did have Mersey in the title.  And anyway, no bugger is going to watch a programme with Widnes in the name.

mjwilson

Manchester  by the Sea
The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue

Those are films not TV series but I chose to interpret the topic creatively.

dissolute ocelot

studpuppet

Not a show, but I slapped on The Day Today for the first time in twenty years to check if it was suitable viewing for my teenagers, and this came on in Episode 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkxKWR1e2ps

I moved there about 15 years ago. The inset shot is the council offices and it's the kind of place where there is more than a need for that kind of Police response. Makes me wonder if one of the writers lived nearby...