Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bojack Horseman (Season 6)

Started by NoSleep, October 21, 2019, 04:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Watched up to the end of episode 7, and part of me quite strongly doesn't watch beyond this. Which is an achievement, I guess.

Will Arnett has always been very good in this. Feels a bit odd to point it out.

Twed

Quote from: Zetetic on November 09, 2019, 10:56:18 PM
Watched up to the end of episode 7, and part of me quite strongly doesn't watch beyond this. Which is an achievement, I guess.
I do not understand what you mean Scalextric.

Zetetic

Because at the end of episode 7, everything is alright - or as alright as it can be.

Twed

I meant that I don't understand the actual sentence. I think you meant "doesn't want to watch beyond this", then.

Zetetic

Oh, bollocks, yes, apologies. Tend to start dropping words when I'm very tired.

Twed

The other meaning I had in mind was that you were saying you didn't usually continue watching things, but that you were considering it for this.

alan nagsworth

Yeah there is a real sense of hope and redemption in episode 7 that filled my heart up, but ultimately the show has made a great point that it's not enough to be able to forgive yourself, you have to be held accountable by those you've hurt and upset as well. Episodes 7 and 8 have set up a perfect cliffhanger because you know it's going to get properly fucking heavy but there's still a chance that it could go in any direction for many of the characters.

Mr. Peanutbutter is gonna have some sort of a huge breakdown, I think. Being a poster boy for the depression he claims he doesn't have, when his happy go lucky dog personality is clearly repressing so much anguish. That bit in season 5 where he suddenly realises his parents are dead and not just at "the farm" and he cracks, but quickly patches over it by surrounding himself with people to sympathise and make him feel better instead of processing his grief. Uugghhh I can feel a sinkhole opening up in my guts just thinking about it.

Thursday

Just finished this. What an amazing cast of characters this show has.

Captain Z

I've watched three episodes of S6 and I think it's dreadful. Didn't this show used to be funny? I actually watched half of episode 2 on 1.5 speed to get it over with, which I don't think I've ever done.

I was fully onboard with the CaB consensus for the first three series of this. Even though I was a little late to it I re-read the comments, completely agreed and thought it was one of my top-five TV shows of the decade. I don't remember much about S4 but I definitely remember my opinion diverging during S5.

You can't just do 'Fresh Prince' serious episodes every single time. I still find that bit where Todd discovers the receipt that makes him realise Bojack was sabotaging his rock opera incredibly affecting, but part of its charm was that moments like this were jam packed between several incredibly funny storylines and gags. Now it's the comedy moments that seem to be occasional one-offs in amongst a load of depressing, try-hard pathos.

I've just come to this after watching the first two series of 'Big Mouth' and by contrast I can't wait to go on to the third.

Gregory Torso

Redacted worthless no content post.

Captain Z

I got up to episode 8 last night and will marginally upgrade my above opinions, but it was still fairly laugh-free. I just don't like the characters any more and am not rooting for any of them.

NoSleep

This is my favourite TV series, comedy or otherwise. I find the darker moments have some of the best comedy woven into them. But I'm not that bothered as I just think it's a great show, whatever.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: NoSleep on November 28, 2019, 09:43:35 PM
This is my favourite TV series, comedy or otherwise. I find the darker moments have some of the best comedy woven into them. But I'm not that bothered as I just think it's a great show, whatever.

Agreed, on all counts.

alan nagsworth

Yeah soz Cap'n Z, I adore the everloving shit outta this show

backdrifter

Quote from: NoSleep on November 28, 2019, 09:43:35 PM

Quote from: Gregory Torso on November 28, 2019, 09:44:19 PM
Agreed, on all counts.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 28, 2019, 09:46:49 PM
Yeah soz Cap'n Z, I adore the everloving shit outta this show

I also agree. Can you 3 let me know your next couple of favourites? Just in case I've missed something golden.

Mine are: The Venture Bros, Mad Men and The Thick of It.

Pseudopath

Thursday

Just hope they stick the landing eh guys!!!

neveragain

Anybody think they'll kill him off?

NoSleep

I predict that they will kill him, to echo his death in the last episode of Horsin' Around.

selectivememory

Final episodes are available now. I'm bracing myself and planning to get stuck in to them later on.

Blue Jam

Quote from: NoSleep on January 17, 2020, 09:50:58 PM
I predict that they will kill him, to echo his death in the last episode of Horsin' Around.

That would make sense, but doesn't every other series end on a positive note? I suppose now would be the time to deviate from that formula.

Going to binge-watch these when I get home.

NoSleep

Do you mean "every other season"? They've all ended hopefully and I don't see Bojack's death not leaving room for a hopeful ending.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 31, 2020, 01:15:02 PM
That would make sense, but doesn't every other series end on a positive note? I suppose now would be the time to deviate from that formula.

Going to binge-watch these when I get home.
There's been a fan theory for the last few years that the series will end with Bojack committing suicide by drowning and this is foreshadowed in the opening sequence when he falls into the pool and slowly sinks to the bottom.

NoSleep

Pseudopath

Warning all: Episode 15 is DEVASTATING.

neveragain

Blue Jam

Speaking from personal experience, Diane on antidepressants is a bit too real.

Blue Jam

On episode 12 now. This was all written and recorded before the Nonce Andrew interview aired, right?

Thursday

Quote from: Pseudopath on January 31, 2020, 07:52:42 PM
Warning all: Episode 15 is DEVASTATING.

Why bother with comments like this? It's not technically a spoiler, but you're setting expectations in a way that's annoying.

I know I'm the idiot coming in here after only a few episodes, but still.