Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best celebrity cameo (right at the end of a film)

Started by Blinder Data, October 23, 2019, 11:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

Everybody loves this bit. "Haha, look - it's [INSERT CELEBRITY NAME]! How did they manage that? Wow. Oh, that's it finished. Nice one, good film." It's a useful tactic to distract audiences and leave them on a high.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Sean Connery in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves - one of the all-time classics. Steams in and snogs a bird. Then the friar winks at the camera. Marvellous. So famous it got parodied in Men in Tights with Patrick Stewart in the role.

George Clooney in The Thin Red Line - adds some glorious Hollywood glamour to an arthouse picture just before credits roll. Interesting because he probably filmed about 20 hours of footage of him but Malick's edited it right down to one scene.

Nelson Mandela in Malcom X - now this is the good stuff. Out of nowhere Spike Lee introduces a real-life global political figure into a biopic for about 10 seconds screen time just before the end. What a curveball. His delivery is a bit off but you have to admire the effort to get him in. 10/10

Now you go

Sebastian Cobb

Harry Dean Stanton as Alvin's estranged brother in The Straight Story.

Operty1

Alec Guinness in Mute Witness (his last movie role?), credited as Mystery Guest Star.

From the director Anthony Waller who was living in Munich when he met Guinness at an evening reception at the British Council back in 1985:

"I asked him to play a cameo role but he said he was booked up for the next 18 months. I said 'What about tomorrow morning?' He was flying home at lunchtime but he agreed as long as he could read the script that night. His part didn't actually exist so I had to write it and then, overnight, find the location, hire cameras, crew and a vintage Rolls. We shot him in an underground car park. I shot the bloke he's talking to in a back yard in Moscow in 1993"

So after his cameo was shot the rest of the film was finished 8 years later!

kngen

Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit 3 (except you just see the back of his head, and hear his laugh) so it probably wasn't him. A large chunk of my childhood innocence was robbed of me that day.

Catalogue Trousers

Although he's more of a B-list celebrity/cult figure, Bruce Campbell's appearance as Darkman's 'Final Shemp' in Darkman remains a firm favourite. (Ironically, he was probably better-known than star Liam Neeson at the time.)

Of course, masked figures are good for this. I'm surprised that no one's yet mentioned the closing credits of The List Of Adrian Messenger...

rasta-spouse

Probably Alanis Morissette at the end of Dogma. That's all I can think of.

Apart from the comical presence of Andy Garcia at the end of Passengers, noted by James Acaster.

kalowski

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on October 24, 2019, 12:28:38 AM
Of course, masked figures are good for this. I'm surprised that no one's yet mentioned the closing credits of The List Of Adrian Messenger...
I just came here to do exactly that.

Old Nehamkin

Orson Welles at the end of the Muppet Movie, of course.

pigamus

surreal

Blinder Data

Before anyone starts, Marvel films don't count! Unless the cameo is someone who doesn't actually feature in any other movies

As a MMA fan, Michael Bisping popping up at the end of Den of Thieves was a weird surprise.

greenman

Quote from: Blinder Data on October 25, 2019, 02:12:43 PM
Before anyone starts, Marvel films don't count! Unless the cameo is someone who doesn't actually feature in any other movies

Not at the end but the play in Ragnarok with Damon and Sam Neil, best thing the former has done in years.

brat-sampson

Probably not the best one, but it hasn't been mentioned yet, but Sigourney Weaver at the end of Cabin in the Woods, explaining to the shitty kids why they had to die, then them telling her to fuck off and two shits to the planet..

another Mr. Lizard

These are sometimes given away in the end credits - I saw Farmageddon yesterday and there's an hilarious example of this sort of thing, rather ruined by the person's name and a well-known song connected with them being mentioned in the credit roll about half a minute before they appear (in Aardman form).

beanheadmcginty

Sigourney turns up at the end of Pegg & Frost's Paul as well.

Jim Bob

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 30, 2019, 10:47:25 PM
Sigourney turns up at the end of Pegg & Frost's Paul as well.

At the end of the Ghostbusters remake too.

Glebe

Quote from: Jim Bob on October 31, 2019, 01:18:30 AM
At the end of the Ghostbusters remake too.

And also at the end of the original films and throughout them as well.

Gulftastic

Not a film but Radiohead popping up at the end of the 'Scott Tenorman Must Die' ep of South Park.

'We're that band, Radiohead.'

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

You'd expect that sort of continuity/multiple-appearance-contract stuff these days, but Willem Dafoe turning up in a mirror at the end of Spider-Man 2 seemed quite a surprise to me at the time.

Stuttering John at the end of 'Private Parts', if Stuttering John counts

madhair60

Zombieland 2 did it AGAIN in the same exact way. Witless shit for idiots

In The Rock's Baywatch movie, which I had on in the background once, I think the Pamela Anderson and Hoff cameos are saved until the end.