Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Visual Novels

Started by The Boston Crab, October 23, 2019, 09:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brat-sampson

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 05, 2020, 11:40:41 AM
Nearly finished AI. Decided the puzzle sections are pure shite. For the last couple I just went to walkthroughs. Can't be bothered trying stuff, restarting, trying other stuff, blah blah blah BORING. The story is really, really good. Great twists and a clever conceit to do with the branching timelines.

Would pretty much agree. Worth playing for the story, puzzles are pretty meh, but for me the worst parts were the protracted 'action sequences' which were awful :/ Overall I'd have to give it around a 7, but the story part is easily a 9.

Sheffield Wednesday

I'm sure the VN fiends are well aware but there are lots on offer in the current Big In Japan sale on PSN. The two Nonary Games for fifteen quid (Nine Hours, Nine Persons & Virtue's Last Reward) plus 428: Shibuya Scramble for eight quid or something silly. Some Danganronpa and Code: Realize stuff for similar prices. Smaller discount on AI but it's a bit more palatable at thirty quid. Opportune moment to try the genre with a lower than usual barrier to entry.

Consignia

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 05, 2020, 11:40:41 AM
Nearly finished AI. Decided the puzzle sections are pure shite. For the last couple I just went to walkthroughs. Can't be bothered trying stuff, restarting, trying other stuff, blah blah blah BORING. The story is really, really good. Great twists and a clever conceit to do with the branching timelines.

I just finished this a couple of weeks ago. I actually quite liked the puzzles, but they a bit too much pressure with time in someplaces. Didn't like the Minecraft one, though, just got a guide for that one, as that way too much of a pain (and the branch for the alternative route was too early)

The story was great though. I felt the twists were seeded well enough you could get them just before they were revealed and give you a smug "I was right!" when for each reveal.