Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dangerous Driving (weird indie Burnout sequel)

Started by peanutbutter, October 23, 2019, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Where'd this come out of then? I knew they left Criterion but it's kind of impressive how they've quietly built up a Burnout clone across a few games. It's bizarre just how Burnout 3 it all looks.

Reviews make it sound like they haven't got the physics down but I assume they're trying to incrementally build out something to continue the series, team of 7 people and as far as I'm aware they didn't do the whole Kickstarter nostalgia manipulation approach so I find it hard to be critical.

Anyone play it or the two crash mode games they put out before?

madhair60

Ahhh it's quite bad unfortunately. I was excited to play it but it's really lacking. Feels cheap. Crashing feels wrong, there's none of the dynamic feel. Crash cams are hard cuts, not pans, so you feel like control is being wrenched away. There's also no music, you have to use Spotify Premium through a website with an authentication code generated by the game, but it only works about one in five times. A huge wasted opportunity to be honest.

JamesTC

Yeah, I was excited for this but it didn't turn out quite right in the end.

The ideas are there but there are so many niggling issues (some of which have possibly been fixed since it came out) mean it didn't really turn out all that good. The difficulty is very artificial with some ridiculous rubber banding.