Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:15:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The RedLetterMedia thread

Started by AliasTheCat, October 24, 2019, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Quote from: Mobbd on May 24, 2021, 06:08:29 PM
Yes! Love all of those and Shoji is my fave. I want to visit his theatre someday and sit snug in there with all the blue rinces and cowboy hats.

Have you noticed he has posted some of the songs from the tape they watch? Here is Oh Lonesome Me with his grand arrival on stage.

Mobbd

Quote from: JamesTC on May 24, 2021, 06:31:39 PM
Have you noticed he has posted some of the songs from the tape they watch? Here is Oh Lonesome Me with his grand arrival on stage.

omg, amazing. You can buy some Shoji shit on eBay too. Souvenirs of the theatre and whatnot.

I was just thinking about that bit where someone (Josh?) suggests Shoji is doing his best and ultimately living the American Dream. Mike: Well, I find it all very suspicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQiJuXN07E

Mike and Jay are my go-to source for dead pixel investigations.

JamesTC

An extended Mr Bean diversion was unexpected.

DrGreggles

Really enjoyed
Spoiler alert
Mike's tale of being an extra
[close]

JamesTC

Spoiler alert
"He has lost his balloon"
[close]

Deanjam

Honorable Men was a really creepy movie to be introduced to. Maybe the most disturbing one they've had on for exposing the mind of the guy making it.

JamesTC

Quote from: Deanjam on June 03, 2021, 05:34:12 PM
Honorable Men was a really creepy movie to be introduced to. Maybe the most disturbing one they've had on for exposing the mind of the guy making it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-yInqxC3U

bgmnts

Oh good god yeah that's one of the seedier of the vanity project films they've done. Puts someone like Neil Breen into perspective.

It's certainly no Geteven.

JamesTC

idunnosomename

I enjoyed very drunk emotional Mike at the end. And also them using the Mr Bean lightbulb gag as the stinger (funnily they never used to do stingers, but have started a bit more now. of course with youtube now you always know it's not finished. unless you faked the end screen i guess)

Kelvin

New episode out about Jerry Springer. Not sure if I've ever seen Mike laugh so uncontrollably.

Lord Mandrake

Not since the Vader suit at least. Mike lists things to Rich should be more regular.

Spoon of Ploff

I wonder if anyone had told them about the musical?

Blumf

So nice seeing Mike corpse at the ridiculous Springer titles.

Had no idea the show only ended a few years back.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blumf on June 18, 2021, 06:52:22 PM
Had no idea the show only ended a few years back.

It didn't. The clip they used was from last week.

Blumf

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 18, 2021, 06:56:55 PM
It didn't. The clip they used was from last week.

Really? I'd just googled and it said 2018

Seems Judge Jerry is the current thing, but I'd kinda assumed he was dead by now.

Mobbd

Yes, I was surprised that Jerry was in any way still a thing beyond Stewart Lee's fans' memories of The Opera. Completely bonkers, that.

Loved Mike reading those titles. Fucking hilarious. (I did a similar thing in the PRIVACY of my own head once, reading the titles of those Guardian 'experience' columns one after the other: I was eaten by a hippo / I was bummed by binmen / etc.).

Despite the awfulness of his show and the TV diarrhea it spawned, I have a soft spot for Jerry (the man). He's such a charming loser. And I like that story about him rescuing a pig.

Mobbd

Great stuff. You're good at these deep dives.

Deanjam

After bringing it up on the Spacehunter episode, here is Ice Pirates re:view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fXACfkyvLc

idunnosomename

New Half in the Bag about Censor, in which we have another surprise learned British comedy reference
Spoiler alert
The Young Ones episode "Nasty"
[close]

JamesTC

It was fine but it feels like, as they hint at in the episode, that they are running out of really good videos to land on. Also they probably just didn't have a good luck of the draw with this one.

Wheel of the Worst is still the best thing they do but maybe it should just be done a little less often so they can build up a few more tapes for it.

Fambo Number Mive

I presume a lot of their terrible videos are sent in by fans. It must be quite hard to find the right kind of terrible video for Best of the Worst - it needs to be not that well known and both bad and amusing.

Rizla

Great BotW, that. Many big laughs. Wasn't totally sold on Tim at first but he brought a lot to this one.

Aside - I watched "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" last night, and not only was I incredibly glad I'd (somehow) managed to avoid any plot spoilers beforehand, thus being able to enjoy the thing with no expectations other than it being a QT film, but I remembered I'd also kept back the Half in the Bag episode, so I was able to enjoy that as pudding. Loved OUATIH, 10/10, his best work etc. Regarding the HitB review - I assumed that the reason you see Dalton in The Great Escape was that he'd got the part and shot a bunch of scenes, then been replaced by McQueen part way into production, but was loath to admit this, whereas Jay and Mike saw it as all just happening in Dalton's mind. Anyway, I really enjoyed how lovestruck they both were with the film, quite right too.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 11, 2021, 04:56:19 PM
I presume a lot of their terrible videos are sent in by fans. It must be quite hard to find the right kind of terrible video for Best of the Worst - it needs to be not that well known and both bad and amusing.
There's only so many Shoji Tabuchi Shows and Surviving Edged Weapons out there, I guess.

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on July 11, 2021, 04:51:22 PM
Wheel of the Worst is still the best thing they do but maybe it should just be done a little less often so they can build up a few more tapes for it.

It's already quite a rare event.