Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The RedLetterMedia thread

Started by AliasTheCat, October 24, 2019, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

I mean I get all that but the point made in the video was basically just "people pretend to like it", which is arse bin level talk isn't it, they're better than that most of the time. It also didn't sting either, it's just the fucking Mortal Kombat film and two American tits doing funny voices filling time until global warming destroys all trace of human creation and im a fucking useless pisstake insect with as much worth as a bollock hair. None of its important.

Goldentony

my father said to me on the edges of the universe, where chasms of ice collide with infinite electricity and the fire of all life, "never let anyone take the piss out of the mortal kombat film, scorpion doesnt get anyone with the get over here in the film which is the one reason most of us rented it as kids but never ever let some mildly successful internet personalities get away with this" and then he went "ever"

beanheadmcginty

Crikey. Those new high quality camera angles look remarkable.

Fambo Number Mive

Mike vs Jay Trivia Showdown Rematch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOAZlCvNC_0

(Weinstein joke in the first couple of minutes, if that's triggering would advise starting at 3:10.

Blumf

Pretty hardcore Lynch questions there. Think I only got 7.

Any idea which Marvel film they nicked the credits from?

JamesTC

Quote from: Blumf on August 22, 2021, 09:21:39 PM
Any idea which Marvel film they nicked the credits from?

Pretty sure it was Endgame.

kngen

Quote from: Blumf on August 22, 2021, 09:21:39 PM
Pretty hardcore Lynch questions there. Think I only got 7.

Annoyed at myself for not getting
Spoiler alert
'Bozeman's Simplex'
[close]
as my brain was shouting 'Shatner's Bassoon' at me instead. Need to revisit On the Air, and see if it holds up. Hoped it might be on the World of Wonder website, but I suppose they need all the room for the many, many different versions of Rupaul's Drag Race instead.

QDRPHNC

Felt bad for Jay. The Star Trek trivia questions were pitched just about right, but most of these were just made brutally obscure for the sake of it, I assume by Josh. Should have make it specifically Twin Peaks related. And had someone else come up with the questions.

The most recent BOTW was very good too. I enjoyed seeing other movies from legendary BOTW directors.

Goldentony

Saw a shirt I had a hand in designing in a BOTW episode a few days ago, was BROUGHT UP too, forget the episode. I refuse to look.

Mobbd

Quote from: Goldentony on August 23, 2021, 04:34:34 PM
Saw a shirt I had a hand in designing in a BOTW episode a few days ago, was BROUGHT UP too, forget the episode. I refuse to look.

Which shirt?

And DID YOU ALSO DESIGN THE BOGLIN PIN? Because Boglins are cool.

Goldentony

Quote from: Mobbd on August 24, 2021, 12:04:28 PM
Which shirt?

And DID YOU ALSO DESIGN THE BOGLIN PIN? Because Boglins are cool.

I was too useless to ever get it off the ground and a good friend ended up doing everything in the ideal and great way he always does, but it was a Danzig shirt, forgot the episode now. The guy who talks to Jay all the time about Twin Peaks had it on.

Lord Mandrake

Josh was wearing it and Mike took the piss, lightly. Not like when he genuinely upset Rich in his stupid Pac man t-shirt.

Goldentony

I reckon the Danzig home video, the first one, absolutely perfect for something like Plinketto or the Wheel. How do you send videos to these people in 2021? I loved that Pac Man bit too. Watching tons of their videos the past fortnight in whats a full mental breakdown or coping mechanism for one.

Lord Mandrake

Tell me about it, I've watched them all probably a couple of times, even Mike just reading out their entire vhs collection.

Mobbd

Quote from: Goldentony on September 15, 2021, 10:09:24 PM
I was too useless to ever get it off the ground and a good friend ended up doing everything in the ideal and great way he always does, but it was a Danzig shirt, forgot the episode now. The guy who talks to Jay all the time about Twin Peaks had it on.

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on September 16, 2021, 02:31:54 AM
Josh was wearing it and Mike took the piss, lightly. Not like when he genuinely upset Rich in his stupid Pac man t-shirt.

Pretty awesome, Goldentony.

I don't think Mike really upset Rich that day. I will keep an eye out for genuine distress on Rich's little face next time around. (And yes, I watch these on a loop too. It's a guaranteed short-term cheer-up).

The latest Half in the Bag (re: Malignant) is pretty funny. I don't quite buy the "trash or genius?" question though. "For me personally," it just looks like shit for cunts.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on September 16, 2021, 02:31:54 AM

That was one of the few times where I genuinely felt bad for Rich.

Lord Mandrake

Mike is utterly ruthless in cutting to his core and when he tries to defend the fucking ridiculous, XXL neon abomination - he twists the knife, which is apt because its the surviving edged weapons episode.

Later he conjures imagery of Rich turning up at the funeral of the rapper from a table etiquette video in just the t-shirt and shitting on his grave. We all know it's a bit and Rich largely acquiesces but Mike gets a kick out of going too far and Rich bailed from the drunken Halloween episode for the same reason.

Obel

Quote from: Mobbd on September 16, 2021, 08:43:32 AM
Pretty awesome, Goldentony.

I don't think Mike really upset Rich that day. I will keep an eye out for genuine distress on Rich's little face next time around. (And yes, I watch these on a loop too. It's a guaranteed short-term cheer-up).

The latest Half in the Bag (re: Malignant) is pretty funny. I don't quite buy the "trash or genius?" question though. "For me personally," it just looks like shit for cunts.

I watched Malignant last night and it started out as shit for cunts, but it's such a ridiculously fun rollercoaster ride. Actually if anyone here hasn't watched the Half in the Bag ep on it yet, but you like the enjoyable trash stuff that RLM often review then you have to watch Malignant. By the end I absolutely loved it, but I went in blind. I can imagine it's nowhere near as fun when you know the twist.

Deanjam

New video (the first of 3) where Rich & Jay rank the films of John Carpenter. It's basically just an excuse for them to talk about JC's career, which is great as I'm a big fan of his work. So far my opinions tally with Jay's much more than Rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Nt1_TWdv0

Povidone

It's an interesting exercise and I want a full tally of both lists to be made available because they only flash up for a second in that video. Glad to see In The Mouth of Madness not being in the bottom part of either list, despite it also having a shitty metal opening score and various problems.

Sad to say I kind of agree with Rich about Halloween doing nothing for me #cancelmenow

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Povidone on September 25, 2021, 12:31:07 AM
It's an interesting exercise and I want a full tally of both lists to be made available because they only flash up for a second in that video. Glad to see In The Mouth of Madness not being in the bottom part of either list, despite it also having a shitty metal opening score and various problems.

Sad to say I kind of agree with Rich about Halloween doing nothing for me #cancelmenow

genuinely rate carpenter as one of the greats but i also feel that halloween does nout 4 me

re: mike and rich. there's obvious flaws with a lot of the rlm guys' characters, but i find myself getting frequently uncomfortable with how far mike goes to neg rich. at worst it comes off as top gear schoolboy bullying and actually triggers some very very unpleasant memories for me at times

Deanjam

Halloween is great, you monsters!

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 25, 2021, 01:59:05 AM
genuinely rate carpenter as one of the greats but i also feel that halloween does nout 4 me

re: mike and rich. there's obvious flaws with a lot of the rlm guys' characters, but i find myself getting frequently uncomfortable with how far mike goes to neg rich. at worst it comes off as top gear schoolboy bullying and actually triggers some very very unpleasant memories for me at times

Don't worry, Rich will have the last laugh by becoming so much healthier that he lives to old age, while Mike tragically succumbs to liver failure in his fifties.

Blumf

I'm more worried about Jay being the forgotten middle child.

John Carpenter's funny, in the way he's done way more films than you think he has, even if you know them all.

Povidone

In one off videos Mike's treatment of Rich can be a bit much but the more you watch the more you realise Rich is the one with talent and a variety of skills, the little glimpses you get of his actual life are always quite interesting. Whereas Mile is a dried up husk of a human who just wants to drink and watch Ghost Investigations or whatever.

The best revenge truly is living well.

QDRPHNC

In the middle of the JC video now, shocked that Rich has The Fog so low, it might be my favourite horror of all time. Also, Dark Star at the very bottom! Carpenter is a good director for this kind of video though, because his output is so hit and miss. I didn't even know about that Elvis film he did, now I'm curious about that.

Quote from: Blumf on September 25, 2021, 11:19:32 AM
I'm more worried about Jay being the forgotten middle child.

Jay's transformation from schlubby beard farmer to trim hipster is really remarkable.

QDRPHNC

Next BOTW will be a Black Spine Edition, then the Halloween one, so two BOTWs within the next month, nice.

JamesTC

I kind of wondered if Episode 100 would be the last black spine so I'm happy to see that staying.

I think the thing about Rich/Mike is that when Rich gets a barb in it cuts so much deeper and is so much more satisfying, and when Mike fucks up and looks like an idiot it is even funnier.

Kelvin

I don't think Mike's insults bother Rich at all. They've been best friends for decades, and its always clear how much chemistry they have, how similar their humour is, and how much they enjoy doing videos together. Outside of a handful of occasions when Mike went a bit far, I don't think there's any indication that Rich is bothered by the things he says.

Povidone

Quote from: JamesTC on September 26, 2021, 10:15:55 PMI think the thing about Rich/Mike is that when Rich gets a barb in it cuts so much deeper and is so much more satisfying, and when Mike fucks up and looks like an idiot it is even funnier.

Can't remember what episodes it happens in but Mike attempting to initiate prank phone calls and immediately crumbling then having to hand the phone over to Rich who just nails it every time is one of my favourite things in RLM canon.