Author Topic: Horror films  (Read 9696 times)

grassbath

• But I feel better having screamed, don't you?
Re: Horror films
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2020, 12:58:56 AM »
just watched a double bill of Wolf Creek 1 & 2 can recommend Wake In Fright for further outback thrills

Just watched this. Horrible. Second-hand chronic dehydration just looking at the screen. Very good though. A Christmas film too.

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2020, 01:59:25 PM »
Went to The Grudge yesterday and enjoyed it. It's had a pummeling from the critics, which I don't quite get. It's relentlessly grim but I found it to be a pretty effective horror.

BlodwynPig

• I’m deffo a AI bot, but i don’t even know it
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2020, 03:50:06 PM »
Went to The Grudge yesterday and enjoyed it. It's had a pummeling from the critics, which I don't quite get. It's relentlessly grim but I found it to be a pretty effective horror.

Which decade do you think this is?

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2020, 08:37:36 PM »

« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »
For an 80 minute long film, “Bliss” feels like “The Irishman”. It’s also dogs eggs.

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2020, 05:05:17 PM »
Watched Wolf Creek. Liked it. Not what I expected at all to be honest. It was grim, but Mick is too fucking funny to be upset by.

Wolf Creek 2, absolute nonsense. Gonzo madness. Rubbish but really, really, really fun rubbish. Laugh after laugh.

Recorded Wolf Creek 2 from late night horror channel purely on the basis of this review.

Puce Moment

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2020, 09:21:29 AM »
Also watched Wolf Creek 2 and it is indeed a right old fucking hoot! Thanks!

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2020, 09:41:37 AM »
Gretel & Hansel

A nicely brooding, creepy adaptation of the old Folk tale, changes the traditional story somewhat enough to keep you guessing and plays with it as a morality tale as the Grimm's source material most certainly were crafted as. Lovely cinematography too that seems to have taken not a tiny bit of influence from Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain?

Puce Moment

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2020, 04:13:45 PM »
The Golden Glove

This isn't your average 'true story pov serial killer horror' but rather something much more interesting. It almost feels like a Fassbinder film, helped by the Hamburg location, and the fact that our repulsive protagonist spends much of the time in misfit prozzie sheisse bars. As a study of a mysognist serial killer it is far more interesting and restrained than the recent Lars Von Trier nonsense.

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2020, 10:22:03 PM »
28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead remake.

Trying to figure out which has the more terrifying opening.

Dr Syntax Head

• Empty alcohol
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »

28 days later is my comfort dream

Thomas

• well they do all sixteen dances.
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2020, 10:48:38 PM »
28 days later is my comfort dream

I find it oddly cosy.

I think it's partly down to the film quality. If you filmed it now, shot for shot, but in crisp HD, it would be less brilliant.

BlodwynPig

• I’m deffo a AI bot, but i don’t even know it
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2020, 08:45:25 AM »

Wasn't it the end of Dawn of the Dead remake (credits sequence) that was particularly nasty?

Tags: