Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:49:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Snooker Meet- Newcastle

Started by Blue Jam, October 24, 2019, 01:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN:

https://www.spotwhite.com/

Blodders, is this the club you suggested? Have I correctly remembered that this is a fairly non-dodgy snooker club with pool tables for the n00bs? Sounds good to me. Proximity to Chinese food and good pubs is also a bonus.

Any ideas for a date? I should be good for most Saturdays in November, or the 7th of December. Post your suggested dates here, CaB snooker contingent! 

pancreas

It is called Spot White.

I am crap at pool but I will be happy to do this.

iamcoop

Spot White is far too plush.

You wanna head to https://www.hustlerpoolclub.co.uk/.

Spot white is for boys. Hustlers is for men.

iamcoop

Saturdays aren't great for me but if a date gets arranged early enough in advance I'll come down. I can probably get hold of some Spot White industry discount cards as they seem to drop off about 500 of them a day at my work.

Blue Jam

Sundays would be good for me too as long as I can get the last train back tae Embra. Can't add a poll, what dates are good for everyone?

iamcoop

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 24, 2019, 01:19:47 PM
Sundays would be good for me too as long as I can get the last train back tae Embra. Can't add a poll, what dates are good for everyone?

Pancreas is a man of leisure so when he's not loitering around Haymarket bus station like I observed him doing the other week then he can probably show up whenever. I don't have a set work pattern so I just need a date I can work around. As far as I'm aware Imitation Leather is still in prison.

Blue Jam

Quote from: pancreas on October 24, 2019, 01:12:39 PM
It is called Spot White.

I am crap at pool but I will be happy to do this.

You can keep score, Count von Count.

Or you can commentate- just shout "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING?" every three minutes.

pancreas

No, I shall compete and lose.

The real competition for me will be in maintaining any sort of dignity while this is happening.

BlodwynPig

Weekdays ideally for me as my wife is mental and me enjoying myself is strictly a taboo subject. But if push comes to shove she'll come along if its a weekend to ensure I don't have fun.

Last 2 weeks of November look free for me.

Not a fan of Hustlers, dingy and cramped. Spot White is just the right side of shifty eyed wide men glowering from dark corners. Plus some decent Chinese.

iamcoop

Are you back in Newcastle now Blodders? I thought you lived in Canada

BlodwynPig

Quote from: iamcoop on October 24, 2019, 01:50:01 PM
Are you back in Newcastle now Blodders? I thought you lived in Canada

Since June, sorry I didn't PM you. Pancreas has been keeping me up to speed on your mutual stalking.

iamcoop

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 24, 2019, 01:55:02 PM
Since June, sorry I didn't PM you. Pancreas has been keeping me up to speed on your mutual stalking.

There's been a lot of fleeting eye contact, two ships passing in the night, the electric fizz of mutual longing.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: iamcoop on October 24, 2019, 02:23:45 PM
There's been a lot of fleeting eye contact, two ships passing in the night, the electric fizz of mutual longing.

Pride and Prejudice: Greggs

madhair60

BlodwynPig

Quote from: madhair60 on October 24, 2019, 02:30:41 PM
Toad! and Greggsjudice

Looking forward to seeing you in Newcastle for a few rounds on the green baize

Blue Jam

Can we go to the Nando's near Goth Green? Their new butternut squash Fino side is to die for, and they've got a new lovely lumpy chicken wrap I need to try.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 24, 2019, 02:35:35 PM
Can we go to the Nando's near Goth Green? Their new butternut squash Fino side is to die for, and they've got a new lovely lumpy chicken wrap I need to try.

I'm not stopping you, but I refuse to go. Pancreas - can we reserve a table at the club for more than one guest? ps. Not Goth Green anymore, it's been dumbed down and its general slovenly people green now.

pancreas

BlodwynPig

Another reason to take a day off work BJ

Ferris

Blodwyn and a private snooker club? Would love to go to this. Chinese food is a bonus. I'd avoid pancs though, just pretend I couldn't see him or something.

Blue Jam

Would a Friday or a Monday be good? I have plenty of annual leave left.

Alternatively, can't you all just come to Embra and we can go to The Ball Room in Morningside? They do a basket menu...

BlodwynPig

Is Embra in Cumbra?

Friday or Monday good for me - I don't want you to make the effort just because of family issues. It would be a daytime thing for me either way.

Ferris

pancreas

So, just to confirm, I am taking Blodders and Blue Jam to the Club for lunch, possibly Ferris too, and then we are spending the afternoon playing pool? It's a good thing I'm adaptable, really.

Blue Jam

"the Club"? Please elaborate- do you mean Spot White or is this some terribly sophisticated place full of mathematicians and sherry and leather-bound books full of equations?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 24, 2019, 07:02:11 PM
"the Club"? Please elaborate- do you mean Spot White or is this some terribly sophisticated place full of mathematicians and sherry and leather-bound books full of equations?

The latter, but you might meet one of the Antiques Roadshow experts and hear lots of 'upper echelon' gossip. it's really quite nice but there is a dress code.

BlodwynPig

Hello,

Are you interested in using Wolfram technologies to drive innovation, solve difficult problems or create useful and interesting applications? Don't miss your chance to get hands on and learn from Wolfram experts in Edinburgh!

The Wolfram Language: Practical Programming

Ideal for more experienced users, this course extends your skills and knowledge to efficiently create and maintain Wolfram Language coding projects:
Course date: 4 December
Registration deadline: 15 November
£150 + VAT

chveik

Flouncer

I'd quite like to come to this dudes. It would be nice to have a day out in Newcastle.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I may be up for something along these lines also. But why a weekday? Surely if we're playing pool rather than snooker we can just..go to a pub?

Also, not sure how easy it will be to bang out all those fizzing witty remarks while lining up a long distance red, so maybe after I've won we can sit down for a bit and talk.