Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Snooker Meet- Newcastle

Started by Blue Jam, October 24, 2019, 01:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Flouncer

I can do any of those really so whatever suits other people.

Blue Jam

Could do Friday as I have loads of annual leave to use up:

FRIDAY 22 (X)
SATURDAY 23 (X)
SUNDAY 24 (X)

...then.

BlodwynPig

ANY ADVANCES ON FRIDAY

IMITATION IS ALWAYS A (\)
SHOULDERS PROBABLY GRUMBLES TO A (/)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If the meet was on Friday I couldn't get there before 7.30 and would need to stay over at someone's.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 04, 2019, 02:43:57 PM
If the meet was on Friday I couldn't get there before 7.30 and would need to stay over at someone's.

My wife's bed is free

pancreas

BlodwynPig

22ND IT IS

EARLY MEET FOR SNOOKER PLAYERS
SHOULDERS CAN TAG ALONG LATER

iamcoop

I finish work at 9pm on the 22nd so can come and grace you cunts with my presence after then, wherever you'll be by that stage.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: iamcoop on November 12, 2019, 09:10:11 AM
I finish work at 9pm on the 22nd so can come and grace you cunts with my presence after then, wherever you'll be by that stage.

at your work probably ;)

BlodwynPig

Just over a week to go ladies and gentlemen.

Need ayes and nays.

bgmnts

I'm in Reading sorry lads and Jam.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tempted but nae for me sadly. Moving house and need all available cash for the letting nonces.

Goldentony

does showing up get you any ranking points

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Goldentony on November 14, 2019, 05:36:11 PM
does showing up get you any ranking points

1 point for the winner of the entire competition. With shoulders withdrawing, the competition has got a lot tougher

This could end up just me and possibly pancreas eating a Chinese banquet at the Golden Duck, by the looks of it.

Captain Crunch

Thanks in part to everyone's help in this thread I am now a RESIDENT.  Would be good to meet some locals, are you still thinking of going somewhere after the snooker (not with these feet etc)?  Ta 

BlodwynPig

BJ has said she'd prefer to postpone due to low turnout.

Good to hear you've decided to reside in England's 8th best City

However, if Pancs and others are still game we can have a mini-meet

pancreas

Yes, I'll debate you all wherever, whenever.

iamcoop

This isn't looking good for Corbyn

Flouncer

Quote from: iamcoop on November 19, 2019, 09:34:41 AM
This isn't looking good for Corbyn

Doesn't look good for cueball.

Maybe we could have it in Sheffield during the next world championship? We could watch some on the big telly outside the Crucible after we've had a knockabout. I'm a bit biased because I live there and wouldn't have to drag my sorry arse out of the city, but it would be appropos.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Flouncer on November 19, 2019, 09:43:34 AMMaybe we could have it in Sheffield during the next world championship? We could watch some on the big telly outside the Crucible after we've had a knockabout. I'm a bit biased because I live there and wouldn't have to drag my sorry arse out of the city, but it would be appropos.

Dr Beat and I will be heading to the Crucible again in April, so I'd be up for this too! We'll be around from the 24th to the 26th and we'd be up for a few frames if anyone can recommend a pub or a snwcer club.

We can also hang around the Mercure bar and go celeb spotting until we get thrown out for giggling about "AIDS" in the vicinity of Shaun Murphy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 19, 2019, 10:08:20 AM
Dr Beat and I will be heading to the Crucible again in April, so I'd be up for this too! We'll be around from the 24th to the 26th and we'd be up for a few frames if anyone can recommend a pub or a snwcer club.

We can also hang around the Mercure bar and go celeb spotting until we get thrown out for giggling about "AIDS" in the vicinity of Shaun Murphy.

Oh, look at this...dog goes for the tastier meat.

I'll still give you my finest maple wood cue, but I have to say I am disappoint.

Blue Jam

I'm so sorry Blodders, it looks like both me and Dr Beat will be stupidly busy this week and I don't think I'll be able to take a weekday off now, plus I've just started some new medication and I'm off the booze for a while until the side effects (which include drowsiness) settle down a bit.

We booked our hotel for Sheffield yonks ago so that trip is on whatever, but we'd both still be up for a trip to lovely Newcastle eventually, and to meet the lovely Newcastle CaBbers and their fine maple cues. Maybe we can do something in the new year? I've got jury service in January but hopefully I'll get some free time at weekends, and hopefully the trial won't go on too long if I'm picked.

Alternatively you could all come to The Ballroom in Edinburgh... sorry, hopefully we can all get snooker loopy together soon.

BlodwynPig

Thanks. I was just jesting from Leicesting.

We/I will raise a glass in your honour this Freitag.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Alcohol also causes drowsiness so perfect Venn really.

BlodwynPig

Blue Jam

Drinking alcohol while taking drugs that cause drowsiness can be dangerous- I suppose I could risk it but I'm already a lightweight so I'd probably just pass out- I'm no Alex Higgins.

I've just quit the booze for a short while before I start gradually reintroducing it until I've figured out my new limit. Hopefully it's not zero...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ferris

I'll be there in spirit (though obviously I wouldn't actually set foot in Newcastle).

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 20, 2019, 12:31:16 AM
I'll be there in spirit (though obviously I wouldn't actually set foot in Newcastle).

Too good for us now