Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,209
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:44:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daybreak (not the Adrian Chiles thing)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, October 24, 2019, 03:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This is a new Netflix show where after some massive bombs go off everyone over the age of 18 either dies or turns in to a zombie ghoulie, I was expecting it to be shit but it's actually pretty fun. There's a fair bit of fourth wall breaking, lots of daft violence, and I don't know, it's not anything amazing but I found it to be a breezy, likeable affair, the first episode at least and I plan to watch the rest.

olliebean

Watched a bit of the first episode, couldn't decide if it was shit or I'm just old. I guess I'm old. I liked the Fight Club reference, though.

Chriddof

This reminds me of the premise of "Kids Rule OK" in the infamous 70s comic, Action:

https://downthetubes.net/?page_id=33372

(I don't think anyone should / will get sued over it or anything, I just wanted to note it.)

phantom_power

There was a similar film out recently called Cooties about a school where all the teachers turn into zombies. That was quite fun as well

Icehaven

I read an excoriating review of it today which actually made me want to watch it just to see if it's as bad as they made out. Probably not by the sounds of it.

olliebean

Two episodes in, I think this is a bit too aggressively teen-culture based for me. Also I don't think the main character is likeable or charismatic enough to pull off the Ferris Beuller shtick.

bgmnts

Genuinely too old for this now.

Fucksake.