Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Could be called this eve:

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1187384462453198848?s=20

How do you feel about an erection right now?

Cuellar

I couldn't eat a whole one

Twed

Looking forward to the NHS being sold to America because The BBC told people they shouldn't like Corbyn

Twed

Better check I can still vote, so I can do my regular thing of being sent the necessary paperwork precisely a week after the election

jobotic

Feeling of panic already settling in...

Cuellar

Wait he can't just 'call' for one, can he?

Twed

bgmnts

Last general election there was an absolutely mental party running in my borough if I recall rightly, their main policy was bringing back hanging.

kittens

i'm meeting corbyn tonight so i'll ask him to give it to me straight. by which i mean his genital erection.

Cuellar

But Labour won't vote for it, will they. Non-starter.

pancreas

Unclear as yet. They're waiting for the confirmation of Brexit extension. Then there'll be an internal battle.

Mr_Simnock

I find Corbyn's current repeated refusal for an election even though Johnson is practically begging for it like some sort of orgasm control, god knows how much yogurt certain members of the tory voting public will spaff up the walls when it finally comes.

Twed

Cursus

Quote from: Cuellar on October 24, 2019, 04:48:11 PM
But Labour won't vote for it, will they. Non-starter.

Possibly.

Cursus

It's on.

Quote from: The GuardianBoris Johnson has announced he will push for a general election on 12 December.

He said parliament voted to delay Brexit and "that delay could go on for a very long time" because the EU would respond to parliament's request and agree an extension.

The prime minister said he wanted "to be reasonable with parliament" and say they could have more time to scrutinise the legislation if they submitted to a general election on 12 December.

jobotic

QuoteThe prime minister said he wanted "to be reasonable with parliament" and say they could have more time to scrutinise the legislation if they submitted to a general election on 12 December.

And if they don't?

Zetetic

Paul Calf

Is he in a position to make an ultimatum like that?

Dr Trouser

I think he is.

But who knows in this topsy turvey world of Westminster

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 24, 2019, 05:18:39 PM
Is he in a position to make an ultimatum like that?

No, he really isn't. The Benn act practically makes him a puppet to the opposition's own Brexit timetable.

Labour have said they'll call a confidence vote once the extension is granted. This bluster is him trying to turn that into a win.

BlodwynPig

I'm in Westminster on Tuesday - expect FIREWORKS

jobotic

there's a lot of talk on my local Labour Facebook group about how candidates haven't been selected yet and it all being in disarray. Is this a common complaint?

Dr Trouser

I don't understand what is going on in the commons but Jacob Rees-Mogg is looking pretty sexy right now. He has an Erskine-May swagger

Cuellar

From what I could tell from the subtitles he's resorted to just saying 'Agincourt'

buttgammon

Quote from: jobotic on October 24, 2019, 05:45:34 PM
there's a lot of talk on my local Labour Facebook group about how candidates haven't been selected yet and it all being in disarray. Is this a common complaint?

Not a Labour member any more so I'm not party to this talk but my local MP recently announced he's stepping down and as far as I know, there's nobody in place to succeed him. There must be similar situations in lots of places. It's a seat that was solidly Labour but has become increasingly wobbly over the last few elections, so I'm worried about how things might pan out.

chveik

yeah I guess so

Paul Calf

^ Even as a joke, that's a pretty fucking stupid thing to say.

greencalx

Not going to happen by the looks of it - what's the point of getting WAB through and then holding election?

popcorn