Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:52:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 10, 2019, 04:51:06 PM
Wish i'd joined the army now

Only the lucky ones have a home address to send the application form to.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on November 10, 2019, 04:56:14 PM
Only the lucky ones have a home address to send the application form to.

Oh ive seen plenty of heroes getting the VIP treatment whilst us slaves are sneered and spat upon

I think its a real problem. Not the individual's fault generally of course, just fetishists

Dr Rock

It's not the 'dementia tax' but I think it might be a negative. It's just a cheap gimmick, while Labour are offering big ideas. Thinking of a floating voter and what might them pick a side.

Dr Rock

BlodwynPig

For every newborn a ribbon of hope plus a brexit remembrance coin

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 10, 2019, 05:14:04 PM
For every newborn a ribbon of hope plus a brexit remembrance coin

All melted down, mate. Days are gone.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe number of NHS patients having surgery in private hospitals has nearly trebled since 2010, sparking accusations that for-profit companies are benefitting from an "enfeebled" health system under the Conservatives.

NHS figures obtained by the Guardian show that it paid for 214,967 people in England to have an operation in a private hospital in 2009-10, Labour's last year in power. The figure soared to 613,833 last year, a 185% rise in nine years.

The figures come as NHS trusts are increasingly forced to send patients to for private surgery because they are too busy and understaffed to do the operations themselves. The sharp rise in outsourcing has coincided with the waiting-list for non-urgent operations ballooning to 4.6m, the highest figure since records began in 2007...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/nov/08/private-surgery-nhs-patients-soars-under-tories

Tories refuse to reveal full spending plans: https://news.sky.com/video/i-wont-bandy-around-figures-kwarteng-refuses-to-reveal-tory-manifesto-cost-11858722

Same for the Chancellor: https://twitter.com/GuardianHeather/status/1193469637532499970

pancreas

holyzombiejesus

Greens have stood aside in IDS' constituency. Good chance he'll get ousted.

Also, Manchester Momentum descended en masse in Newcastle-under-Lyme, another Brexit marginal, today. Heard lots of negatives about 'normal' Momentum but the Manchester one is fucking great. They're heading over here in the next couple of weeks too.

idunnosomename

baldy murderer out on his arse

im gonna cum

Paul Calf

That would be fucking amazing.

BlodwynPig

Ive finally realised why this strategy is sometimes a good thing

Dr Rock

Latest polling suggest Labour are about 10-12 points behind the Tories. So what was the situation in 2017 at this point?

Quote from: The GuardianThe Tories hold a 15-point lead over Labour with less than four weeks to go to the general election on 8 June, according to the latest Opinium/Observer poll.

So we seem to be doing better at this stage. That is all.

Replies From View

And in 2017 there was no head-to-head debate between Corbyn and May.  I think that'll make all the difference.

Question:  will the leaders have earpieces so their advisors can bombard them with useful information, or will they be alone up there?

greencalx

Quote from: Replies From View on November 11, 2019, 07:45:45 AM
And in 2017 there was no head-to-head debate between Corbyn and May.  I think that'll make all the difference.

I'm hoping something will. I guess when the manifestos come out, that's the point where the campaigns on the ground and in the media will meet, and there's a chance of getting the waverers to come back in.

I think we also need a dementia tax moment. God knows what it will be though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 11, 2019, 07:23:49 AM
Latest polling suggest Labour are about 10-12 points behind the Tories. So what was the situation in 2017 at this point?

So we seem to be doing better at this stage. That is all.

No correlation. You cannot make that argument unless we live in a simulation

Tory telephone canvasser said to my Dad yesterday - could you vote for a Marxist?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on November 11, 2019, 08:10:24 AM
Tory telephone canvasser said to my Dad yesterday - could you vote for a Marxist?

Criminal. Ask him "do you know what a Marxist is?"

"um...err....ummm...bad per.."

"Someone who will defenestrate you if you don't buck up your game, laddy"

buttgammon

Convinced my mum to vote Labour and not Lib Dem, weirdly by emphasising the shitness of the Labour candidate. Good thing I had this conversation before they announced the gamechanging Skills Wallet policy, which is definitely a brilliant idea that will capture the public's attention, and not at all laughably stupid.

phantom_power

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 10, 2019, 11:22:29 PM
Greens have stood aside in IDS' constituency. Good chance he'll get ousted.

This is pretty big I think, and Labour should reciprocate where appropriate. It just shows what a fucking shit show the Lib Dems are for not doing likewise. If they actually cared about getting the Tories out and stopping Brexit they would

jobotic

Do you get an actual wallet?

Had a big night out with old friends and had a debate with one, who has always been a left-wing Labour voter. He still is a Labour voter at heart although reckons he'll vote LD where he lives as they are the only Tory challengers. Okay fair enough, vote for who you like.

The thing that got me was that he was incredulous when I suggested that the Lib Dems are looking to get in a coalition with the Tories and would happily ditch their remain stance to do it (which is only a trick to attract Labour remainers). It would destroy them you see. And I am too cynical (me, not Swinson). Bit depressing really.

Jerzy Bondov

Very sad to see four massive posters of the local Tory MP go up on the roundabout by my estate on Friday. Hatching plans to go up there and deface them (hard left hate crime), but I needn't have bothered as they were all gone by Sunday morning.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on November 11, 2019, 10:25:43 AM
Very sad to see four massive posters of the local Tory MP go up on the roundabout by my estate on Friday. Hatching plans to go up there and deface them (hard left hate crime), but I needn't have bothered as they were all gone by Sunday morning.

You would like to think our hard left thug allies would rally around a computer in each constituency and knock something up for use on large municipal buildings which subtly imply that the Tory candidate may be a dog shagging fucking wanker.

king_tubby

Hang on, Johnson was weaving about and put the wreath upside down by the cenotaph yesterday, so the BBC used footage from 2016 instead?

FFS.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: king_tubby on November 11, 2019, 10:35:13 AM
Hang on, Johnson was weaving about and put the wreath upside down by the cenotaph yesterday, so the BBC used footage from 2016 instead?

FFS.

Seriously?

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 11, 2019, 10:34:51 AM
You would like to think our hard left thug allies would rally around a computer in each constituency and knock something up for use on large municipal buildings which subtly imply that the Tory candidate may be a dog shagging fucking wanker.
In 2017 someone did a wee on her door

king_tubby

https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1193840620701437957

That should be it, can't get Twitter on work PC so c&ping from Google.

phantom_power

Quote from: king_tubby on November 11, 2019, 10:35:13 AM

FFS.

That is dodgy as fuck. It is a small thing in terms of what it shows but massive in terms of what it implies the BBC's thought processes are. Something like "that makes Boris look bad. Better find some better footage"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: king_tubby on November 11, 2019, 11:00:26 AM
https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1193840620701437957

That should be it, can't get Twitter on work PC so c&ping from Google.

FUCK THE BBC HAVE TO GO NOW. I WON'T BE STANDING FOR THEIR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR ANYMORE.

HHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAH I WAS RIIIIIGHT ALLLL ALLONG

(yes, I have gone mad)