Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:32:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

And some have spent a decent amount of their own cash on staff and materials.

Buelligan

I wonder if any of them need a cleaner, I could work remotely if the money was right.

Dr Rock

Been reading a few YouTube posts from BP supporters and many are not happy

Quotewell that's it I believed in the Brexit party all the way but it looks like nigel has backed down from those arrogant traitors, or him and boris has DONE THERE OWN DEAL BEHIND CLOSE DOORS OVER THE WEEKEND,  so he wont be fielding candidates in con seats well stuff it im not even going to vote to hell with it.

He'd already convinced them this wasn't Brexit, it was May's Deal, and Boris was a traitor... and then Nigel betrays them too. Now many are saying they're just not going to vote at all. Cool. Also never vote again in any elections please.

pancreas

Democracy coming home, lads.

Captain Z

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 11, 2019, 10:43:23 PM
Tories now pressing Farage to stand down candidates in Labour seats, according to the Guardian.

Why...?

Zetetic

Presumably because they also believe that they will lose voters to BXP, and it won't be at a sufficiently reduced rate compared to Labour's losses.

It looks as though a majority - if sometimes a very slim one - of those even slightly-likely-to-vote-for-Labour, in almost any seat, voted to Remain.

Jittlebags

So Fagash has emasculated his own Party. Arise Sir Nigel of Farnborough, or whatever title Boris chooses to give the shiny little turd.

Buelligan

I believe they get to choose their own slave name.

Paul Calf

Konki

The Mirror is the only mainstream left-wing paper left isn't it? It's just a shame that outside of politics the rest of the paper is tawdry celebrity slop and Take A Break-style goulishness.

jobotic

Nige isn't about the titles, he's about that sweet sweet cash.

Bannon and Banks have told him to step aside. Russia didn't pay for Johnson to be PM to have Farage fucking it up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The FBPE lot are now shitting themselves and campaigning for a progressive alliance.

Even if their pleas are critical it's a concession to reality. This is hilarious and great news for Labour, one of the first steps towards them recognising basic mathematics rather than fantasies.

Dr Rock

Unless he changes his mind, BP are still running in all those Northern/Midlands marginals that are the key to the Tories winning, or winning big. Whether they will get many votes when a Brexiter may as well vote Tory I dunno. But the idea is that in places like South Shields (using that s an example cos it was on QT the other week) many local Brexit-Gits absolutely will never vote Tory - but they would vote BP as a proxy vote for Brexit to happen. Thus, you know, splitting the Tory vote.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 12, 2019, 09:36:31 AM
The FBPE lot are now shitting themselves and campaigning for a progressive alliance.

Is that based on Twitter chat, or something sharable?

idunnosomename

the fbpe lot live on twitter. They've given up their job, killed their darling pets and sold their children into slavery in order to dedicate their life to STOP BREXIT

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Re: the above

If Brexit Party stand alone in strong Labour Leave areas they won't beat Labour there. Labour piled up a lot of big majorities in 2017 in those areas, whereas BP they would be campaigning on a single issue from a standing start and have now admitted its to help the Tories form a government, making it simple how to campaign against them. If the Tories stand down in those seats that would be kind of mad and hurt them for the election after that.

If both stand in marginals in the Midlands that too could hurt the Tories chances, but they have already said the campaign is nakedly about hurting Labour and helping the Tories, so I can't see how that would happen, some phone calls would be made.

Konki

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 12, 2019, 09:43:29 AM
the fbpe lot live on twitter. They've given up their job, killed their darling pets and sold their children into slavery in order to dedicate their life to STOP BREXIT

(except vote Labour)

greencalx

I'm wondering if this Farage farrago might start focussing minds. It's now very easy to say that BXP = Tory as a result of this pact, which hopefully will get Labour leavers who are flirting with BXP to do some thinking.

It's tough fighting a battle on two fronts, though. On the one hand, we have to convince LD flirters that the possibility of remain via a second ref is preferable to letting the hard brexiters in through the back door (again, easier with the Tory-BXP equivalence), whilst at the same time trying to keep the leave vote on board.

While I'm liking the various Labour policies that are being floated before the manifesto launch, it would be good to see some costings soon.

BritishHobo

The idea that after many long, in-depth conversations with Johnson and his team, Farage was finally won over by a short Twitter video of Johnson appealling to voters is so fucking flimsy it shows the contempt Farage has for the truth.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Konki on November 12, 2019, 09:47:27 AM
(except vote Labour)
corbyn is a hard brexiteer the old fool. Soon geordie grieg and his huge remain brain will turn the daily mail into a sensible bastion for the politically homeless. Then youll see

Farage knows his party is finished so is just keeping costs down before he fucks off to focus entirely on his media career. Strategically it would have made a lot more sense to only step down in marginals where the switched BP vote would push the Tories over the line.

A Labour pact with the Lib Dems would be awesome but those bridges were burned when Tory-lite Swinson became leader.

Buelligan

Quote from: greencalx on November 12, 2019, 09:51:42 AM
I'm wondering if this Farage farrago might start focussing minds. It's now very easy to say that BXP = Tory as a result of this pact, which hopefully will get Labour leavers who are flirting with BXP to do some thinking.

I think this is very true.  I think Labour needs to keep reminding those people that the Labour Party, above all, are going to deliver them from all the ills that have brought them to this pass. 

idunnosomename

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on November 12, 2019, 10:15:36 AM
A Labour pact with the Lib Dems would be awesome but those bridges were burned when Tory-lite Swinson became leader.
She's at best semi-skimmed

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteA Labour pact with the Lib Dems would be awesome but those bridges were burned when Tory-lite Swinson became leader.

Best hope is to get as many Remainers to realise the LDs don't want to stop Brexit, they only want an extra 30 MPs for themselves.

Dr Rock

New(ish) ICM Poll (none of your YouGov shit)

Con: 38%
Lab: 31%
Lib Dem: 15%
Brexit Party: 9%
Green: 3%
SNP: 3%
UKIP: 1%
Plaid: 0%
Another party: 1%

Just seven points behind now. Well, the poll was taken 01-04 Nov, so could be better now. Grenfell-gate happened since then. The poll doesn't seem to have got much media attention, no idea why. LibDems were polling 20% a few week ago, hahahahahaha.

kitsofan34

Why would you vote UKIP over Brexit Party? What's the distinction?

jobotic

If you really really fucking hate Muslims and women you vote Ukip.

Dr Rock

I had no idea they were running. Sargon not involved?

Blue Jam

I've been trying not to get too worked up over this, but I can't help feeling angry at how much power that lazy chancer and seven-time failed MP Nigel Farage has been given. We only got a referendum on EU membership because Cameron was scared that UKIP would steal loads of seats, and now the Tories are still terrified of him. If only the BBC had ignored Farage as they should have done and hadn't taken him so seriously and given him loads of airtime...

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 11, 2019, 11:59:03 PM
Been reading a few YouTube posts from BP supporters and many are not happy

Quotewell that's it I believed in the Brexit party all the way but it looks like nigel has backed down from those arrogant traitors, or him and boris has DONE THERE OWN DEAL BEHIND CLOSE DOORS OVER THE WEEKEND,  so he wont be fielding candidates in con seats well stuff it im not even going to vote to hell with it.

He'd already convinced them this wasn't Brexit, it was May's Deal, and Boris was a traitor... and then Nigel betrays them too. Now many are saying they're just not going to vote at all. Cool. Also never vote again in any elections please.

That's nice but I've long since given up hope that the Nigel Farage groupies will ever see their hero for what he really is. Even him revealing that he's more about keeping the Tories in power than Getting Brexit Done won't sway some of them- this "I'm putting my country before my party" rhetoric is the sort of thing they lap up.

Looking at this logically, he's simply trying to ensure a hung parliament with roughly the same arithmetic as now. If he doesn't split the Tory vote in Tory seats, they (theoretically) stay Tory. If he splits it in Labour seats, those seats stay Labour.

Why would he want that? Because a hung parliament is paralysis, paralysis means we don't leave the EU, and not leaving the EU means that he and his BXP MEP cronies get to maintain the betrayal narrative and keep cashing those salaries and building up their pension pots.