Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

The Lib Dem candidate in marginal Labour seat Canterbury agreed to stand aside, in a bid to help block Tory Brexit. A glimmer of hope? Lib Dem HQ then announced they will simply field another candidate in his place because all they really want is to stop Corbyn. Bollocks to (preventing) Brexit.

BlodwynPig

Dr Rock

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 12, 2019, 09:14:44 PM
The Lib Dem candidate in marginal Labour seat Canterbury agreed to stand aside, in a bid to help block Tory Brexit. A glimmer of hope? Lib Dem HQ then announced they will simply field another candidate in his place because all they really want is to stop Corbyn. Bollocks to (preventing) Brexit.

That's how many will see it.

Cuellar

Who actually listens to the Rolling Stones anymore? THEY don't even listen to the Rolling Stones. We've all heard the songs, we get it.

NoSleep

That's brilliant. Let them show everybody how thoroughly idiotic they are. I wonder what support they'll get campaigning in the constituency, given that there are probably loyalties with the candidate who stepped down and the local Labour Party; I doubt that he came to the conclusion to step down all on his own.

This has to send a message out to many not to be duped into voting for the idiots.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Zetetic on November 12, 2019, 09:01:44 PM
That "Cor, blimey, mistah, giz us a Brexit, guvnor" in full.

So they've ripped off the 73 questions Vogue interviews on Youtube (https://youtu.be/D3mmqLVi_QQ).

It's an odd format but maybe recognisable for some viewers and makes Johnson look cosy. I can see why they're doing it for online. But to pay for that to be on the telly as a PPB? Weird.

Leo2112

The backlash amongst Lib Dems and FBPE types online has been pretty furious to the news they're fielding another candidate - many are now scrutinizing Swinson's true intentions.  They could have really shot themselves in the foot with this.

greencalx

My sense from the twitters is that people are increasingly aware that Swinson is out of her depth.

king_tubby

Please see the twitter rumours I am posting as absolute truth on the Lib Dems thread.

Think they may have fucked the cat on this one.

They need to listen to the public and not be too proud to adapt, like the people behind that Sonic movie trailer.

NoSleep

Quote from: king_tubby on November 12, 2019, 09:53:37 PM
Please see the twitter rumours I am posting as absolute truth on the Lib Dems thread.

Result.

imitationleather

Is fucking a cat bad, then?

Asking for a friend.

Paul Calf

Best Of The Clash doesn't actually contain any original Clash material.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on November 12, 2019, 09:53:37 PM

HYPERRRRTEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTTTTTTT

peanutbutter

Why is it that any time I search anything relating to UK politics that the Daily Express article is almost always the top one in the google results? Is this something that just happens for me?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

My idea for a campaign slogan 'Mike Gapes attracts wasps' didn't get picked up by his campaign team then...

imitationleather

Surely using another party's colours isn't allowed?

You're white, black and grey, Gapes! Use them!

Helvetica Scenario

It looks like four other Lib Dem candidates have been approached but all have refused to stand in Canterbury in place of Tim Walker.  The local members are also apparently unwilling to campaign for another candidate.

https://twitter.com/PaulOnPolitics/status/1194345929819729920?s=19

The Canterbury Lib Dems can't be the only ones feeling like this, surely?

Zetetic

Tories have had to withdraw their candidate for Ynys Môn (Anglesey) - they tried to drop Chris Davies there, who lost his seat after a recall petition after he made criminally fraudulent expense claims.

idunnosomename

Quote from: kalowski on November 12, 2019, 09:35:48 PM
Does Johnson come out of the toilet at the start?
hi folks. just had a nice relaxing poo. the sort of feeling you'll have when we Get Brexit Done by january the 31st

Ferris

Dr Trouser

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 13, 2019, 12:34:50 AM
Surely this isn't real

Yes, unfortunately Mike Gapes is a real person. Sorry.

Ferris

He looks like a Guess Who character, and the word "Labour" is larger than all five (!) words of his actual "party" name. Shambles.

If he wins, I will have serious doubts about democracy.

Fambo Number Mive

David Gauke to run as independent candidate, saying a Conservative majority government would be "disastrous for the prosperity of the country".  He's called for Lib Dems to stand aside in his seat.

EDIT: Gauke and Greening have said it will be a bad idea to vote Tory, and Clarke also sounds concerned. Yet much of the media ignore this.