Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:37:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

According to the polls the Brexit party have lost all their votes to the Tories, so the Tories are going into this assuming they will get the leave vote by default. All the more important for Labour to stress how much more is at stake.

BlodwynPig

greencalx

Panelbase has the gap closing - polling after the Neil interview so doesn't look like it's done any harm.

NoSleep

That's because Neil was a clown during the exchange. Any mileage from the interview would have to come secondhand via the right wing press as viewing it for yourself would let you know exactly what was being attempted (and very clumsily).

New folder

what did i just fucking say?!

NoSleep

New folder

I shall not stand for this toxic gaslighting. Flouncing with immediate effect. Good day to you.

greencalx

Quote from: New folder on November 29, 2019, 01:15:30 PM
what did i just fucking say?!

I'm consciously ignoring requests to ignore polls. Sorry! Not because I hate you, but because despite the inaccuracies and biases they do contain useful information, and that useful information is that the BBC's attempts to sabotage the election don't seem to be cutting through very much. 

garbed_attic

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 29, 2019, 12:30:06 PM
I cant fucking believe we are at the point where it's a story that the Prime Minister couldn't be bothered to go to a debate so sent his dad and Michael Gove

People will vote for these fucking fools

Or is in that in conversations with Trump and Farage Trump and his team have made it clear there there is to be no mention of climate change from either of them if they want a post-Brexit deal with America?

New folder

Quote from: greencalx on November 29, 2019, 01:28:28 PM
I'm consciously ignoring requests to ignore polls. Sorry! Not because I hate you, but because despite the inaccuracies and biases they do contain useful information, and that useful information is that the BBC's attempts to sabotage the election don't seem to be cutting through very much.

i know, it was a simple lampoon

Fambo Number Mive

Sin Agog

What's the deal with every copy of The Daily Mirror with that potentially deleterious headline about Boris' opinion of Legend Garies being wrapped up in a shortcake advertisement?  It doesn't take an arch conspiracy theorist to see there's something dodge about that.  I pulled out the shortcake slips of the first four or five copies and bunged them in front of the Mail.

Dr Rock

Quote from: greencalx on November 29, 2019, 01:28:28 PM
I'm consciously ignoring requests to ignore polls. Sorry!

I request that you do report any polls, but please post the whole poll results so i don't have to google it. x

greencalx

Ah, sorry...

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-)
LAB: 34% (+2)
LDEM: 13% (-1)
BREX: 4% (+1)
GRN: 3% (+1)

via
@PanelbaseMD
, 27 - 28 Nov
Chgs. w/ 22 Nov

And for some added value: the last PanelBase before 2017 GE had an 8-point gap.

Methodology may have changed since then.

(If you're on Twatter, you can follow the BritainElects feed, which basically pushes these things out without much noise attached)

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 29, 2019, 12:30:06 PM
I cant fucking believe we are at the point where it's a story that the Prime Minister couldn't be bothered to go to a debate so sent his dad and Michael Gove

People will vote for these fucking fools

I thought his Dad was Michael Gove.  (Past tense because he has since died.)

greencalx

...and there was me hoping that we'd get through this campaign without a repeat of the 2017 terror incidents...

BlodwynPig

Quote from: greencalx on November 29, 2019, 04:02:00 PM
...and there was me hoping that we'd get through this campaign without a repeat of the 2017 terror incidents...

stop thinking of Gove as Noseybonk coming for you in the dark

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: greencalx on November 29, 2019, 03:01:18 PM
Ah, sorry...

And for some added value: the last PanelBase before 2017 GE had an 8-point gap.

Methodology may have changed since then.

(If you're on Twatter, you can follow the BritainElects feed, which basically pushes these things out without much noise attached)

All the more reason to diversify the argument into the NHS/Trump effect of Brexit, the environment and Waspi women

And to get the Remainers to ditch the Lib Dems save for Lib Con marginals.

colacentral

I'm sure Biggy is telling his mates this is tinfoil hat stuff though.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 29, 2019, 05:10:19 PM
All the more reason to diversify the argument into the NHS/Trump effect of Brexit, the environment and Waspi women

And to get the Remainers to ditch the Lib Dems save for Lib Con marginals.

I wonder how much of the remaining LibDem support is from people who would rather vote Labour but only the LibDems can beat the Tories in their region?

imitationleather

Is anyone else a bit bemused as to how a Tory majority would even work? Johnson can barely walk outside without being told to fuck off by the public, and whenever he's interviewed or asked questions by colleagues he evaporates. He is unpopular in ways that even Theresa May couldn't have imagined. How would that possibly last for five years?

Replies From View

Quote from: imitationleather on November 29, 2019, 05:26:01 PM
Is anyone else a bit bemused as to how a Tory majority would even work? Johnson can barely walk outside without being told to fuck off by the public, and whenever he's interviewed or asked questions by colleagues he evaporates. He is unpopular in ways that even Theresa May couldn't have imagined. How would that possibly last for five years?

I've started to perceive Boris Johnson as a giant slug that we must all throw salt on if we see him.

I hope this helps.

pancreas

jobotic

It's pretty clever to get your dad to insult the voters.

Ledge

imitationleather

If someone ever wanted to fight me I probably would send my da. He's a lot harder than I am.

Thursday

It's cool how when there's a terrorist attack like this you instantly know it's good for the Tories...

I mean unless it's a racist Brexit supporter killing a Labour MP, and then it's not terrorism of course.

Fambo Number Mive

Today's terror attack is being exploited by anti-Corbyn people, using a fake tweet to smear Corbyn: https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1200459650761670656