Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funcrusher

Quote from: jobotic on November 30, 2019, 09:50:39 PM

Another Corbyn is Hitler article too.

QuoteThis antisemitism poisons any good Labour might do

For fucks sake.

holyzombiejesus

**********************************THREAD ENDS**********************************

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=76624.msg4026273#msg4026273

garbed_attic

Quote from: jobotic on November 30, 2019, 09:50:39 PM
Another Corbyn is Hitler article too.

Lots of 'I'm not saying Corbyn is Stalin' and then making a direct comparison to Stalin. I hate the framing of "Britain's soul is at stake" as though nothing the Conservatives have done or will do can be considered metaphysically evil in comparison to Labour - as though the thousands of disabled people who have literally died due to this government don't count on any deep moral level.

pancreas

Word on the ground in Bishop Auckland is that Labour is losing votes to Brexit but picking up an equal number in disaffected Remain tories. All to play for.

Get on door.

NoSleep

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 30, 2019, 09:53:49 PM
Does anyone know much about the state of the parties in Northern Ireland? Pretty shabby but I know zip about how the parties are doing there or even what they stand for. The polls here seem to be shifting towards a hung parliament and just wondered whose likely to be around to prop up the tories?

I know three Sinn Fein MPs are standing down to allow voters to get pro-Remain MPs into parliament. NI was largely pro remain so there may be some shifts away from the Conservatives buddies the DUP where the seats are marginal enough.

gib

Quote from: Leo2112 on November 29, 2019, 03:52:11 AM
Great discussion.  Everyone should at least watch this section about polling numbers, it's motivating stuff (starts at 1:01:34) - https://youtu.be/15WJGYTVImg?t=3695

Great stuff. The Irish lad is very easy on the eye and ear.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Did any of you lot watch tonight's Channel 4 Dispatches documentary about child poverty in Britain? It was utterly devastating, I felt sick and furious throughout. It should be available on catch-up soon, please urge everyone you know to watch it.

And hats off to Channel 4 for scheduling it at this particular time, that was no coincidence. 

Jockice

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on December 02, 2019, 11:20:30 PM
Did any of you lot watch tonight's Channel 4 Dispatches documentary about child poverty in Britain? It was utterly devastating, I felt sick and furious throughout. It should be available on catch-up soon, please urge everyone you know to watch it.

And hats off to Channel 4 for scheduling it at this particular time, that was no coincidence.

Yes, but they had phones. And a dog. And one of the parents smoked. And stubbed the fags out on himself. If they can afford to do that they can't be poor.

I'm being ironic here in case you haven't noticed. And it wasn't as good as the BBC's Poor Kids documentary from 2011. Mind you that wasn't scheduled near an election.

Replies From View

I've been a juror before where the prosecution actually did the "flat screen TV plus the food cupboards were not empty" line of attack which I had until then always assumed was a parody thing.

pigamus

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on December 02, 2019, 11:20:30 PM

The clips keep coming up on my Twitter and I have to scroll past very quickly lest I go out and punch somebody in the face very hard. I salute you for actually being able to watch it.