Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:05:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

General Erection

Started by pancreas, October 24, 2019, 04:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

And there was me thinking you were chastising him for not writing 'erection'!

gib

Quote from: Endicott on October 24, 2019, 10:24:17 PM
And there was me thinking you were chastising him for not writing 'erection'!

cunt couldn't even see his own typo, punning would have just confused him further.

pancreas

oh yes i see now

Go fuck yourselfs.

Twed

Stick to what you're good at pancreas. Next time you try to write a post in English just say a number instead.

Quote from: pancreas

This is the kind of content I'd like to see from you.

gib

Quote from: pancreas on October 24, 2019, 09:17:38 PM
France saying they won't grant extension unless there's an election or a referendum arranged.
Cummings saying there won't be an election unless there's Brexit, but refusing to agree a timetable to discuss it.
Labour saying there won't be an election unless No Deal Brexit possibility removed.
No Deal Brexit still on the table while France refuses an extension.

THE BREXIT OUROBOROS.

I've fixed your typo (you're welcome) and while i think Twed's suggestion goes a little too far i do think you could boil your post down into something more like an equation.

Captain Z

Quote from: pancreas on October 24, 2019, 09:17:38 PM
THE BREXIT OUROBOROS.

At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the EU, localised entirely within Westminster?

pigamus

Express, Mail, Sun tomorrow all lead on something else. Meaning this shit's not going to be popular with Brenda from Bristol.

Twed

Admit it, you're all imagining her as a big pink fat woman.

Jittlebags

4 elections in 9 years. Are we Italy or something? Keep Boris going for another 2 years as Zombie PM is what I say.

Quote from: pigamus on October 25, 2019, 12:12:35 AM
Express, Mail, Sun tomorrow all lead on something else. Meaning this shit's not going to be popular with Brenda from Bristol.

Or Brenda's got a short attention span.

Twit 2

Cardenio I

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 24, 2019, 10:14:17 PM
It also asks 'what if Leave/Remain made you personally poorer' and 5% answered 'I want this to happen anyway.'

This properly made me chuckle. Presumably at least 5% of respondents just filling it in at random, or else indulging in a bit of mass satire.

greencalx

I'm not sure What to make of the Lib Dem / SNP attempt to force an election. The idea of an automatic cancellation if the EU doesn't postpone until end Jan is risky, as that means  an EU decision would have a direct effect on matters it would normally not have an interest in or influence over (viz a domestic election).

Can't help thinking they're also motivated by the fact that they don't think Labour will be the largest party, let alone win it. What's the tactical advantage to them? I can see the SNP could use a Johnson government that has a mandate to further the cause for independence. Harder to see how the LDs would benefit.

Paul Calf

Coalition. They think they can re-run 2010

greencalx

It went so well last time, after all.

There is zero chance that Johnson would accept a coalition deal unless the LDs ditch their defining policy and get behind his WA. Such a reverse ferret would be unprecedented (apart from the tuition fees precedent, that is).

Paul Calf

The position appears to be:

The Lib-Dems think they can get 2010, but better;
The Tories think they can get 2015 (or preferably 1815) but better;
The Labour Party think they can get 2017 (or preferably 1974) but better;
The DUP want it to be 2017 (or preferably 1690) forever;
The Brexit Party don't care what year it is as long as it's not foreign and no later than 1959.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 27, 2019, 08:33:28 AM
The Brexit Party don't care what year it is as long as it's not foreign

Oh dear, I do hope nobody's told them our calendar was set by a German and some Italians.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Inspector Norse on October 27, 2019, 08:40:17 AM
Oh dear, I do hope nobody's told them our calendar was set by a German and some Italians.

The right type of foreign for them, historically

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: greencalx on October 27, 2019, 07:27:57 AM
I'm not sure What to make of the Lib Dem / SNP attempt to force an election. The idea of an automatic cancellation if the EU doesn't postpone until end Jan is risky, as that means  an EU decision would have a direct effect on matters it would normally not have an interest in or influence over (viz a domestic election).

Can't help thinking they're also motivated by the fact that they don't think Labour will be the largest party, let alone win it. What's the tactical advantage to them? I can see the SNP could use a Johnson government that has a mandate to further the cause for independence. Harder to see how the LDs would benefit.

It really is as cynical and simple as:

SNP will increase their majority
Lib Dems will only increase their number of MPs

This is the peak for these parties because if Brexit is sorted either way they have lost their vote winner.  Yes cynical to all those that believed they really cared about remaining (the SNP want their own ref remember!) but that is politics.

BlodwynPig

Amanda Platell on Marr, vamped up in thigh high boots but looking like Beast from Beauty and the Beast. Chastised Marr for calling her 'seasoned'

idunnosomename

GET READY FOR SWINSONMANIA

It's risky for the Tories as well, though, because Farage is still a big player, which he wouldn't have been had they gone through the stages of passing the withdrawal agreement then held the election in spring 2020. Many Tory backbenchers don't want to take this risk.

greencalx

This is probably the best thread for this, if we stretch the notion of erection slightly to include a referendumb.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/27/peoples-vote-campaign-civil-war-struggle-strategy-splinter-group

It turns out centrists can have factional divides too.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: greencalx on October 27, 2019, 08:30:50 AM
There is zero chance that Johnson would accept a coalition deal unless the LDs ditch their defining policy and get behind his WA. Such a reverse ferret would be unprecedented (apart from the tuition fees precedent, that is).

I think you answered your own conundrum, there.

PlanktonSideburns

So are we having one or not? Can't be arsed to read this thread or any other news. Been stung before

idunnosomename

PlanktonSideburns

Ah man, that's what they all say

Konki

What in Christ's name is wrong with the Lib Dems? Bunch of utter snivelling cunts.

Still, their latest hare-brained scheme may push a lot of voters back to Labour.

Silly fuckwitted cunts though.

greencalx

Wait a minute. Weren't they saying 5 minutes ago we should have a referendum first?

Their position on Brexit is really unclear.

jobotic

So the whole "remain" thing can do one? The important thing for the Lib Dems is propping up a Tory Brexit in exchange for another ride in the ministerial limousines and an assurance that nothing will change. Fascist enablers thinking they look virtuous.