Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Am I missing something?

Started by Butchers Blind, October 25, 2019, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Ask her again, but in a disguise so she doesn't know it's you.

BlodwynPig

Giver he my number...she'll be running into your arms faster than you can say Northern Sex Pest Pig Noises for Communication

Butchers Blind

Ok, so now she just sent me a text just saying "sorry about the other day". That's it.  Should I reply or just ignore?  Oh the foul rag and bone shop of the heart.

GMTV

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 26, 2019, 04:46:57 PM
Ok, so now she just sent me a text just saying "sorry about the other day". That's it.  Should I reply or just ignore?  Oh the foul rag and bone shop of the heart.

GET IN

Fishfinger

Reply but, whatever you do, don't fuck it up.

Captain Z

Ignore. Take the moral highground and don't get dragged into any further awkwardness or games.

oy vey

Say something like "Well my heart was utterly broken and I haven't slept a wink but you can make it up to me. A lunchtime walk in the park. The cornflowers are in bloom. I'll read you some russian poetry. Translated obviously."

rasta-spouse

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 26, 2019, 10:36:41 AM
  Have thought about texting her and asking why.

^definitely don't do this. It's doubling down on the incorrect/ambiguous assumption.

Reply, but just don't talk about that moment. Make a little misunderstanding joke like "Oh the other day? Yeah I was really miffed about Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi's fall from grace. But it's okay now because my lemongrass stock has gone through the bloomin roof!".

Women love 'humour'.

holyzombiejesus

Reply but keep it light. Something like FUCK YOU BITCHTITS

oy vey

Actually what you should do is say "Don't worry, forget about it. I have." Then nothing. In a few days let her see you flirting with another office hottie. Make sure you make the hottie laugh.

kalowski

lankyguy95

Oh fuck, the text to keep it going round your head even more.

A simple "Don't worry about it" is probably the best response.

NJ Uncut

Zetetic

Buy her some cardboard stilts.

Ferris

Reply, but in a disguise so she doesn't know it's you.

Butchers Blind

Don't think I will text back but I will be going out for drinks later so...

ersatz99

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 26, 2019, 04:46:57 PMOk, so now she just sent me a text just saying "sorry about the other day". That's it.  Should I reply or just ignore?  Oh the foul rag and bone shop of the heart.

Are you sure she's late-20s/early-30s and not 19?  It's just that the last woman who pulled this sort of shit with me was 19 (and I was 23).

My heart says Reply, my head says Ignore.  Especially as that's ALL she said.  Not "sorry about the other day, do you want to go out after all?" or "sorry about the other day, I just got embarrassed, let's chat more" but just "sorry about the other day"...

...which could mean "sorry to have been so rude the other day, but I've changed my mind since I gave you the note and I don't think it's a good idea any more."  I think she has to work a bit harder than that to regain your affections.

Even if it were meant positively, it could well be a case of "sorry about the other day, but I thought I was on for a hot date with someone else, but they blew me out so it's back to you".

Good luck, whatever happens.

GMTV

Fact she's text that on a Saturday evening tends to suggest she's out on the sauce and evaluating her options for the evening. If you're heading out tonight that's a good start point. When you're out and had a couple you could text back saying no problem, I'm out tonight so enjoying myself.... Or something like that. Then see if she texts back saying she's out too. Then you could see about arranging ending up in the same pub later on. Two groups of mates there makes it less pressured.

BANG ten years later you're both together laughing about this.

gib

This is massive, what a great development for the thread.

Twit 2

Sorry I've only just seen this so hopefully this isn't too late:

Go out into the glades and fetch sparrows. Punch them into a sack until it's so full it trails on the twigs and leaf litter. Leave the sack in a pantry and from time to time beat it with a large baker's rolling pin. When all the sparrows are dead or have had enough, pluck their feathers and add them to a large tub or pot. When day retreats to the ends of the earth, strip to your necessaries and paint yourself in creosote or a similar sticky shop-bought compound. Now, carefully add feathers to yourself. You can strut about, preening and tugging, if you like, you naughty bird! When the task is done, flit out your door and make your way along the hedgerows to her nest (house). Ring the doorbell and have a lager while you wait. She will open the door expecting a person but will actually get a giant angry sparrow (you). From here, you have a number of options, mostly based around permutations of pecking, squawking, and shitting. Make sure you've had lots of milk, PVA glue and grey paint as this will give your guano the desired speckle. Also ensure you've left a portion of your face featherless so you can put a post-it saying Tits? on it.

Cheers!

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 26, 2019, 05:34:10 PM
Don't think I will text back but I will be going out for drinks later so...

? Whatever you do, don't send Hey I'm drunk so thought I'd talk...

The only thing to say to her right now - and since page one it doesn't half feel like I nailed this quick - you want to portray, if not send exactly, "No worries."

I don't find No Worries arguable, but the next sentence should be some hint at continuation. Careful not to be pathetic, like "You're welcome to talk to me!"

I suppose I'd judge it on the basis of your friendship (and I fucking heed you to think of this as minimum terms - this woman put herself out there, and "fairer sex" isn't a cosmetic term!) and probably just ask how she's doing now

Nobody needs mistakes they've made combed over, specially perceived mistakes, and you must let your interest lead you; you ARE interested what happened, right? Maybe you have the kind of interaction to get away with such a bold question.

Not to be all Joey about it but surely some element of your base interest involves some aspect of her continued existence's perceived quality.

Tldr: no worries! What u up 2?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: lankyguy95 on October 26, 2019, 05:28:13 PM
Oh fuck, the text to keep it going round your head even more.

A simple "Don't worry about it" is probably the best response.

Yes. I'd add 'Good to hear from you' to that and then try not to check my phone every ten minutes for a response. As I say, though, I'm shit at this.

Edit: Ah, I see NJ is also a user of 'No worries'. That's it then: 'No worries. Good to hear from you.'

Butchers Blind

These are all good advice even the one about dead sparrows.  Resisting the urge to text so may well just leave it til Monday.

gib

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 26, 2019, 06:28:10 PM
Not to be all Joey about it

You can't say that these days but yes, clearly do not be a massive joey.

Ferris

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 26, 2019, 06:39:42 PM
These are all good advice even the one about dead sparrows.  Resisting the urge to text so may well just leave it til Monday.

What about the read receipt though? They know you've read it and not responded

Dex Sawash

Just text her now. Ask for less ambiguous answer. Why wait.

Probably should get some dick pics ready too.

QDRPHNC

Surely ignoring makes it more awkward like you're hurt or pissed off.