Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Am I missing something?

Started by Butchers Blind, October 25, 2019, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 26, 2019, 07:00:47 PM
Just text her now. Ask for less ambiguous answer. Why wait.

Probably should get some dick pics ready too.

Maybe not wait, but it can't:

1) dismiss the "don't worry about before" idea - even skimming it entirely is good, just, don't pick at it and if you tell yourself it's dead IT. IS. DEAD. Does she know this? Well probably, so dropping it forever = just as good
or 2) be, like, overly friendly - what, so this is an instant reply "hey where ru text"? That'd be get tae fuck mate territory. She KNOWS she's been a bit rum, this is a fuckin olive branch mate. The classy thing to do is to pretend it's not gone on.

Best case scenario: this is a test of both of you. Your esteem's not dogshit (well, it might be, but she's not to know yet, yeah?)

You also want to check she's not a fuckin ballache right? (Shout out to MGTOW). I mean, basic communication skills. Surely there's some compatibility test layer in next step if your alleged work-ship was so tight

If you send anything the night, it simply has to lead into further communication - or effort wasted. You're a fuckin Barretta, man, you're supercool. I'd suggest to any superfly motherfucker that part's going without mentioning; on CaB though! LEAD to something.

If this is it, it's time to do it. So who do you want to be to her? The insistent, pushy motherfucker? Or the son of a preacher man?

gib

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 26, 2019, 07:02:14 PM
Surely ignoring makes it more awkward like you're hurt or pissed off.

Of course it does. The OP has stopped thinking rationally so we have our work cut out for us here.

Ferris

Yeah, best genuine answer is to say "no worries - I only meant go for drink as friends" then either schedule an awkward drink "as friends" because you are both too polite to not do that, or (my recommendation) never find free time to schedule it and eventually it'll all be forgotten.

Text - what are you saying sorry for?

You might get some answers.

Zetetic

I think if you do that, you need to make clear that you're witholding acceptance for now.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: QDRPHNC on October 26, 2019, 07:02:14 PM
Surely ignoring makes it more awkward like you're hurt or pissed off.

Yes, a noncommittal reply that nevertheless leaves it open for her to respond is surely the best way to show her you're cool with it.

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 26, 2019, 07:11:02 PM
Yeah, best genuine answer is to say "no worries - I only meant go for drink as friends" then either schedule an awkward drink "as friends" because you are both too polite to not do that, or (my recommendation) never find free time to schedule it and eventually it'll all be forgotten.
Who do you think he is, Tim from the office? Bad idea. Just a quick "No worries, have a good weekend" and if she replies, we cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ambient Sheep

"No worries." is good.

"No worries, have a good weekend." is better (although it will risk putting her off replying until at least Monday, but then again you might want that).

"No worries, good to hear from you." is precisely the sort of thing I used to text and get marked down as "too needy" as a result: avoid.

"No worries - I only meant go for drink as friends" is pretty bad (sorry Ferris) as apart from anything else it's not a "genuine answer" at all, it's not true!

"what are you saying sorry for?" is brave but could be interesting... :-)

NJ Uncut

"No worries" bandwagon rolls the fuck on

"Leading question" is quite open tbh like Sheepy suggests, winking, possibly

No worries. Fuck're you up to?

kalowski

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 26, 2019, 05:34:10 PM
Don't think I will text back but I will be going out for drinks later so...

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on October 26, 2019, 07:26:57 PM
"No worries, good to hear from you." is precisely the sort of thing I used to text and get marked down as "too needy" as a result: avoid.

Really? Oh, ffs. Told you I'm shit at this.

Twed

All of you should go to jail.

Chollis

just tell her the truth that you misread the signals. obviously start with "no worries". case closed.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Chollis on October 26, 2019, 07:43:38 PM
just tell her the truth that you misread the signals. obviously start with "no worries". case closed.

Telling her he posted about her on the internet for advice is, if you ignore any other metric, surely an icebreaker - no two ways about that. A conversation will be started!

Dex Sawash

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Dex Sawash on October 26, 2019, 07:48:52 PM
No worries

[]Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[}:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;>

Might help to explain it's not a shiv but your sword, and it isn't compensation.

lankyguy95

If there's any advantage of barely leaving the house because of mental health, it's missing out on the stress of fancying a woman you see on a regular basis. I'd highly recommend being a recluse for a few years.

Johnny Yesno

If they put 'x4329' under their phone number, that means 4329 kisses and they really like me, right?

Ferris

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on October 26, 2019, 07:26:57 PM
"No worries." is good.

"No worries, have a good weekend." is better (although it will risk putting her off replying until at least Monday, but then again you might want that).

"No worries - I only meant go for drink as friends" is pretty bad (sorry Ferris) as apart from anything else it's not a "genuine answer" at all, it's not true!

"what are you saying sorry for?" is brave but could be interesting... :-)

I'm trying to dig him out of the hole he's got himself in. Tim from the Office is all I've got to offer though.

mr. logic

Reply with a thumbs up emoticon.

Non Stop Dancer

Cmon then, this is the most excitement most of us will get tonight.

Noonling

Surely the best way to do it is "No worries. Hey, have you [Seen this TV show/heard the news about X/question regarding whatever sort of conversation you've had before]"

You indicate you are so supremely unworried that you've already moved on to another train of thought, but you also still want to continue chatting.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Noonling on October 26, 2019, 08:22:35 PM
Surely the best way to do it is "No worries. Hey, have you [Seen this TV show/heard the news about X/question regarding whatever sort of conversation you've had before]"

You indicate you are so supremely unworried that you've already moved on to another train of thought, but you also still want to continue chatting.

THANK YOU. I am clearly showing the way

Butchers Blind

I texted a "no worries".  This advice better work fuckers or its writing off to Dear Dierdre for help.

Non Stop Dancer

You done fucked up there son. Too brief.

best thing to do! ball is now in her court

Ferris

Get legless pissed on advocaat, type something out that you're obviously not going to send (it's just for you to get your feelings out) then fuckin send it anyway old son.

shiftwork2

Usual good advice is to direct her to this thread.  She'll gain a greater understanding of her actions and their effect on you through the crowd-sourced advice of sixty odd people on a public forum.  Sort of like nineties Tarrant asking the audience, she can't really argue can she?  It's a nailed on winner mate.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: shiftwork2 on October 26, 2019, 08:47:51 PM
Usual good advice is to direct her to this thread.  She'll gain a greater understanding of her actions and their effect on you through the crowd-sourced advice of sixty odd people on a public forum.  Sort of like nineties Tarrant asking the audience, she can't really argue can she?  It's a nailed on winner mate.

Good idea. If she PMs me it'll get sorted out, make no mistake

a peepee tipi

JIC her replies are hard to decipher or if she doesn't respond then just wait until you see her at work, be friendly but not flirtatious. Maybe even tell her something like, "I hope I wasn't being too forward, but I enjoy your company" (has to be face-to-face though, it'll read weird).  Her apologizing means that, in any case, she's respectably self-aware and likes you enough to reach out, even if she just wants to be friends. If giving you her number really was her taking the initiative, then chances are she'll give you some clearer signs when you see her after all this as to whether she's still interested or was in the first place. Just know, it's someone you work with and see on a near-daily basis, not getting any definitive answers until Monday is fine, especially if she's trying to at least clear the air about this one incident. Don't listen to your dick and heart right now. Romance is fuckin balls