Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Am I missing something?

Started by Butchers Blind, October 25, 2019, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

If the texts were just 'how are you?' and 'Fine, how are you?' 'Good.' then maybe that didn't light her fire?

Kryton

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 25, 2019, 06:39:01 PM
''Hmm, something went wrong with the interaction with a woman, I know, let's check a forum predominantly inhabited by irreversibly phimotic unemployed mentally ill balding media degree failure virgins with agoraphobia and severe depression stemming from childhood bullying''

Mumsnet?

EDIT: No wait, that's us right?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Kryton on October 25, 2019, 06:38:27 PM
As others have asked/said were other people around when you asked her for a drink? Is she shy? Is she mature? Is she nervous? Is she perhaps a player?

People eh?

No. Just her and myself outside the office.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

On a scale of 1 to 10  how close is her physical resemblance to that Scouse Bird Actress who does the accents?

Kryton

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 25, 2019, 06:42:17 PM
No. Just her and myself outside the office.

What age bracket is she in?

Sebastian Cobb

Did you use words like 'myself' in your text messages?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 25, 2019, 06:50:36 PM

I internally suppose with the contents of my head that the text messages contained the following phrases

'engorged phallus'
'mighty unshaken fleshy Oak'
'Permanent virility guaranteed'
'Hello women reading this'

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 25, 2019, 06:50:36 PM
Or "fancy a shag, missus?" ?

Butchers Blind

Dex Sawash

Non Stop Dancer

I might just be a psychopath but I genuinely can't think of a single reason why you'd give someone of the opposite sex your phone number unless you were wanting to have it off with them. I'm 40, if that helps.

Sebastian Cobb

Tenuously related there's a whiteboard at work that's been divvied up into squares with people's names, I think we're supposed to write when we're off/in meetings etc and any other stuff. Everyone's put their personal mobile numbers on it apart from me.

That's a bit odd isn't it? Just volunteering your number with the office like that. There's apparently a whatsapp group as well but I want no part in it.

I've shared my number with colleagues before, but only if there has been reason to e.g. sharing a lift or if I actually like them and want to go to the pub.

Also the grad that started decided to put everyone's number in their phone and has already awkwardly texted his boss instead of his mum because they both share the same name and for some reason put his mum in under her full name rather than 'mum'.

Noonling

Quote from: Butchers Blind on October 25, 2019, 06:22:23 PM
Ok, I'm told she's not married or seeing anyone and she's not gay.  The one thing though is she apparently came out of a long term relationship two months ago.

"Hey, you know that creep you tried to artfully reject? He's been going round the office asking if you're married or gay. Close shave, eh?"

Butchers Blind

I knew I should have posted this on mumsnet instead.

Dr Rock

You had her interest. You somehow lost her interest by the time you asked her out. Maybe someone else was vying for her interest and they had more of a connection. It's probably that, no big mystery. Maybe she shouldn't have pretended she never gave you a signal, but that's the way she chose to play it.

pigamus

Also... she gave you the number but you didn't ring the number. Maybe she wanted a long conversation with you to see if you were compatible.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pigamus on October 25, 2019, 07:50:11 PM
Also... she gave you the number but you didn't ring the number. Maybe she wanted a long conversation with you to see if you were compatible.

Who rings people these days? If you want a long conversation go to the fucking pub. This applies just as much to platonic relationships, like.

GMTV

Several X's on the post it note, and a url to her Google drive where she's uploaded many naked pictures of herself specifically for you.

Seems like it would have some form of meaning. But no, nothing.

GMTV

Serious answer is she gets a kick from flirting with guys but doesn't want anything more than that.

pigamus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 25, 2019, 07:51:56 PM
Who rings people these days? If you want a long conversation go to the fucking pub. This applies just as much to platonic relationships, like.

Well I might be wrong, but  she may have been trying to find out whether a date was worth bothering with or not - if you've got anything in common and so on.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pigamus on October 25, 2019, 08:04:51 PM
Well I might be wrong, but  she may have been trying to find out whether a date was worth bothering with or not - if you've got anything in common and so on.

Well yeah, but people tend to do this by text and have done for quite a while. I mean, there are applications dedicated to it.

Gets the initial clunky awkwardness out of the way, and also makes it easier for people to sort the wheat from the chaff.

pigamus

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 25, 2019, 08:11:12 PM
Well yeah, but people tend to do this by text and have done for quite a while. I mean, there are applications dedicated to it.

Gets the initial clunky awkwardness out of the way, and also makes it easier for people to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I think Inspector Cluefarter may have cracked the case here. You were supposed to use the number to do exactly this.

Cloud

Quote from: GMTV on October 25, 2019, 08:02:02 PM
Serious answer is she gets a kick from flirting with guys but doesn't want anything more than that.

That's possible.  I'm a guy but guilty of that (that said, it's just tarting around being lolgay - and recognise that handing numbers out would be a bit more serious)

Cerys

Apologise to her.  If she asks why you're apologising, tell her you're not sure, but that it's what you did the last time you got rejected.  And the time before that.  And the fifteen times before that.  In fact, you've been apologising for years now, never knowing why.  At this point a few tears might be appropriate - but no snot.  No-one wants to see that.

Dr Rock

Next time you see her, hit her with a dope rap. Pancreas could help you out, though he's not very good.

Rolf Lundgren

I can't even think of a rational explanation for this as even if she wanted to be friends, rather than anything more, then you wouldn't expect a firm "no" to meeting after work.

Does she chat with a lot of people at work? She might be really social and just like knowing everyone. Either way, I'd ignore and forget about it.

a peepee tipi

Quote from: Cloud on October 25, 2019, 05:51:12 PM
3) The mythological "female who deliberately leads you on so that she can cancel you / get you fired for some thin definition of sexual harassment" does in fact exist and you should be extremely careful
Lmao

a duncandisorderly

ProvanFan