Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boomer infestation

Started by pancreas, October 26, 2019, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Pancreas, where is toaster? Don't have one, Boomer. Use the fucking grill.
Pancreas, why hob not hot? It is induction, Boomer.
Pancreas, where is tv for my sport? No tv, Boomer. I set up projector for you.
Pancreas, why take 3 weeks for GP appointment? Because you keep vote Conservative, Boomer.

Johnny Yesno

Boomer returned my call. Boomer rang.

NJ Uncut

Boomer, why did you turn off my slow cooker? Oh to save electricity

Blumf

Bubblegum Crisis was a pretty good anime.

Sebastian Cobb

I have a dualit 4 slice, am I boomer?

Urinal Cake

Pancreas, what happened to the rule of three? It got cancelled, Boomer

Icehaven

I could have sworn there was a muppet character called Boomer but having searched for a picture of him for ten minutes it turns out there isn't. There's Beaker, but not Boomer. Mandela muppet.

Edit: It's a fraggle and it's called Boober, ffs, so just forget the whole thing.

shiftwork2

Basically a houseguest stress thread.  Nice example of how boomers get it in the neck for everything though, including assuming that most people own a toaster.

buttgammon

They have a weird thing about toasters. The last boomer colony I saw had a four-slice toaster, but it was in the utility room - not the kitchen.

pancreas

Pancreas, where is the instant coffee? Die please, Boomer.

alan nagsworth

Boomers are fucking idiots. All those boomer humour newspaper comic strips about millennials being glued to their phones and now boomers are probably like 60% of the Facebook user base.

I was in Bruges about a month ago and my partner and I went to a harp concert (if you're there, go see it: the dude plays three times a day for free and it's great) and we were among the youngest people there. The fucking BOOMERS man, they were the worst thing about being there and if I'd not been in the right mood for it, they would have ruined the show.

The harpist was like, fair enough if you want to take photos or video, but this is a small room so just try to be discreet and turn off any audio signals your camera might make. Like two songs in, the dude's performing and this fucking boomer takes out his iPhone with the screen brightness way up and does the long press on the photo capture button and his phone makes the CHCHCHCHCHCHCHCHCHCHCHCH noise really loud. What the FUCK boomer.

During his chat about taking photos at the start of the concert he joked "although it is okay for you to clap after each song - in fact I encourage that". Yeah, mild chuckle, cheers. Then after the first song, people clap, and he thanks us for clapping. Mild chuckle again. But then this fucking American boomer in the first row who can't have been more than 6ft away from him pronouncedly and dreamily says "Loving every minute of it" which made me cringe so hard I wanted to hurl up hot sick all down the back of her neck. Unforgivable, boomer.

Also at two separate points during the show one of these fucking plastic raincoat wearing pamphlet waving mouth breathers let out a goddamn enormous baritone fart. It came from the other side of the room and every fucker in the room heard it including the harp guy, I'm sure of it. Imagine being such a boomer that you can't even stop your arse from going BOOM. Fuck off boomers.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 26, 2019, 10:46:01 AM
During his chat about taking photos at the start of the concert he joked "although it is okay for you to clap after each song - in fact I encourage that". Yeah, mild chuckle, cheers. Then after the first song, people clap, and he thanks us for clapping. Mild chuckle again. But then this fucking American boomer in the first row who can't have been more than 6ft away from him pronouncedly and dreamily says "Loving every minute of it" which made me cringe so hard I wanted to hurl up hot sick all down the back of her neck. Unforgivable, boomer.

lol, I saw PP Arnold play the other week, and it was great watching her try not to corpse after introducing her new single a weegie voice up front pipes up with 'it's a fuckin' tune, by the way!'.

kittens

pancreas

Pancreas, please accept these horrible clothes which do not fit me.

No.

Sebastian Cobb

"Can you put the heating on"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on October 26, 2019, 12:17:14 PM

No.

Found a berghaus jumper with the tags still on in a drawer the other day.

alan nagsworth

Fucking love a good fleecy jumper don't they, the boomers. Love wearing a fleecy jumper with a little zip that only goes down to the chest and calling Sam Smith daft for coming out as non-binary.

Sebastian Cobb

And those shoes that can't make their mind up as to whether they want to be trainers or walking boots. You know the ones I mean.

Fishfinger

Where's the toaster? Hiding in plain sight.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 26, 2019, 12:43:37 PM
And those shoes that can't make their mind up as to whether they want to be trainers or walking boots. You know the ones I mean.

Yeah Karrimor is making a goddamn killing off boomers

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on October 26, 2019, 12:17:14 PM

No.

Are these boomers your parents?

grassbath

Let's have some music in here, Boomer.

Sebastian Cobb

Boomers had excellent music before they all got cd players and started listening to Simply Red.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 26, 2019, 01:23:36 PM
Boomers had excellent music before they all got cd players and started listening to Simply Red.

One of THE great cultural shifts of the last 50 years.

"here, you should really check out the Italian new wave of progressive rock, or some of the ethno-punk from Afghanistan"

to

"This Simply Red album is certainly toe tapping. Excuse me whilst I pour another tumbler of blended whiskey"

IN 9 MONTHS

Cuellar

idunnosomename

oh look i took statins in the noughties ee remember statins. 6 grams of salt a day what were all that about?!!

thenoise

Toast under the grill takes TWICE as long, and more importantly - you now have TWO chances to burn it not just one, while you faff around the kitchen making coffee, finding butter and jam or scrambling some eggs etc.  Usually first thing in the morning, while late and hung over.  Toasters make sense.

Sebastian Cobb

And you can put waffles in them and make pseudo-chip butties..

PlanktonSideburns

who are these people and how have they got into your life