Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boomer infestation

Started by pancreas, October 26, 2019, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 26, 2019, 10:46:01 AM
Boomers are fucking idiots. All those boomer humour newspaper comic strips about millennials being glued to their phones and now boomers are probably like 60% of the Facebook user base.

Whenever I visit my parents now they are sitting in the living room with the television on (usually either paused or it's an obscure nostalgia radio channel playing), they are each staring at a separate tablet device and/or a phone as well, and my Dad usually has headphones in.  Not talking to each other and the dog looks bored out of his mind.  I usually bring a paperback to fill in the pauses in human interaction.  When they look up from their devices, they regularly moan about how out of touch and old they are and how I probably know how to use their gadgetry much better than them (even though I can't afford any of it).

Sebastian Cobb

Boomers go on about manners, yet are the worst with technology. My mum sits there with her phone beeping away at full volume as she's in the middle of a massive text exchange and my dad won't think anything of watching a video on his tablet or laptop at full volume while everyone's trying to watch the telly.

Mister Six

Toasters are great, you bastards, what's wrong with you?

seepage

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 26, 2019, 01:23:36 PM
Boomers had excellent music before they all got cd players and started listening to Simply Red.

someone who was usually the coolest guy in the room proclaimed Holding Back the Years to be a masterpiece when it was released.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mister Six on October 26, 2019, 02:16:08 PM
Toasters are great, you bastards, what's wrong with you?

reckon we could get a whole thread out of worthwhile single-purpose kitchen tat.

Ferris

I'd fucking love to have been a boomer. Dodge all the wars, free education, buy up a load of houses for pennies, vote conservative, have the world handed to you, complain about the next generation, go to the golf club and drink a bottle of claret for lunch. Yes mate, nice one.

pancreas

Just lost one of them because it decided to go on its phone. It'll probably call an ambulance to take it home when it decides it's too chilly.

pancreas

'Have I told you about my knees?'

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

Hahahaha, look at these snowflake students complaining about having to pay £150 per week to live in a flimsy box the size of a snooker table!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7604719/University-West-England-UWE-students-complain-pod-accommodation-8x10ft-pods-car-park.html

Fucking snowflakes... OMG there are no toasters...

Sebastian Cobb

love the faux brickwork trying to make them not look like fucking portakabins.

Twed

Oh god don't let them see your avocados pancreas

dallasman

Quote from: pancreas on October 26, 2019, 02:53:53 PM
'Have I told you about my knees?'

"Is she the one studying to be a nurse?"

That's the kind of joke these bastards like, isn't it?

chveik

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 26, 2019, 02:27:12 PM
I'd fucking love to have been a boomer. Dodge all the wars, free education, buy up a load of houses for pennies, vote conservative, have the world handed to you, complain about the next generation, go to the golf club and drink a bottle of claret for lunch. Yes mate, nice one.

I bet you would you dirty old bollocks etc.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What the fuck is wrong with toasters?

I find the anti-toaster portion of this thread to be deeply weird.

Sebastian Cobb

Also how do people without microwaves reheat stuff they've already cooked?

pancreas

No bread you should actually want to eat will fit into a toaster.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: pancreas on October 26, 2019, 03:57:22 PM

Not in a shit toaster.

Twed

Dex Sawash

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 26, 2019, 03:23:07 PM
Hahahaha, look at these snowflake students complaining about having to pay £150 per week to live in a flimsy box the size of a snooker table!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7604719/University-West-England-UWE-students-complain-pod-accommodation-8x10ft-pods-car-park.html

Quality deso material here.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Are there no kitchen facilities in them studentcabin things?

Blumf

Toasters are more of a Gen-X thing, aren't they?

Twed

Alright let's get some Babylon 5 made!

Blue Jam

Quote from: pancreas on October 26, 2019, 03:57:22 PM

IS THE RIGHT ANSWER

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I just told some boomers about this thread and once they've finished working in their high paid jobs/cutting the grass, they're coming in here to give you a piece of their minds.

Blue Jam

Better than giving us a piece of their toast.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

hamfist

Me : Where did you buy your new coat ?

Boomer : Garden centre

pancreas

They do their fucking weekly food shops in garden centres. They seem to find them bucolic, rather than the ghastly made-in-China plastic-filled shit-holes that they actually are.