Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,486
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boomer infestation

Started by pancreas, October 26, 2019, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ooh duchy originals!

PATHETIC!

thenoise

Ooh jam with a faux-handwritten label and a tragic little bit of gingham covering the lid with an elastic band.  £8.99 a jar though aren't things expensive nowadays!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ooh individual cups and saucers for my dresser that I AM NEVER EVER GOING TO FUCKING UUUUUUUUSE

Where's your alms for the poor you contortionist of the fucking soul

Ferris

Quote from: thenoise on October 26, 2019, 06:31:38 PM
Ooh jam with a faux-handwritten label and a tragic little bit of gingham covering the lid with an elastic band.  £8.99 a jar though aren't things expensive nowadays!

"...lucky I joined the public service 30 years before everyone else so I'm paid an eye-watering amount to do fuck all with guaranteed pension (that I'll start taking in my late 50s) - I've only been voting Tory to keep my deal solvent and fuck everyone younger than me who tries to anything remotely similar!"

pancreas

An Agatha Christie mystery! But it's at the theatre! How unusual!

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 26, 2019, 06:44:32 PM
"...lucky I joined the public service 30 years before everyone else so I'm paid an eye-watering amount to do fuck all with guaranteed pension (that I'll start taking in my late 50s) - I've only been voting Tory to keep my deal solvent and fuck everyone younger than me who tries to anything remotely similar!"

I'll come round to your massive house which you bought for 1p and take that engraved carriage clock you got for actually being able to stay in the same job for 30 years and ram it up your big ol' boomer ARSE.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 26, 2019, 07:02:58 PM
I'll come round to your massive house which you bought for 1p and take that engraved carriage clock you got for actually being able to stay in the same job for 30 years and ram it up your big ol' boomer ARSE.

I'm a boomer, so far too repressed to agree to that I'm afraid.

*NB I am not actually a boomer

touchingcloth

I've got an infestation of boomers.

Where?

Up my arse.

idunnosomename

boomer boomer boomer boom

i want you in my room

pancreas

There are many orientals in this restaurant. This is a good sign.

a duncandisorderly

hamfist

Boomer couple showing me their holiday photos.

Every one is the other Boomer standing in front of stuff. Taken on an iPad.

Urinal Cake

What sort of traps do you pay out for a boomer infestation?

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Urinal Cake on October 26, 2019, 11:00:38 PM

tricky, isn't it? they've got such robust footwear, usually.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: pancreas on October 26, 2019, 08:28:21 PM
There are many orientals in this restaurant. This is a good sign.

Who are they?

canadagoose

Quote from: Urinal Cake on October 26, 2019, 11:00:38 PM

Put some pictures of Greta Thunberg around the flat. They'll get so angry that they'll explode on the spot.

(this may be recycled patter)

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 26, 2019, 11:06:38 PM
Who are they?

I used to think it was a good sign that you'd go into a chinese or a curry house & see it being patronised by chinese or indian people, on the basis that "it must be good if they're in here" but that's bollocks, isn't it? apart from anything else, how do you know they're not just extended family/friends being given a bit discount to make the place look busy & play into that exact mythology? I want to see an eating establishment full of people who've travelled miles & who have to be wheeled out before they've actually finished because they can't bear to leave anything & they've eaten too much to stand up.

so it's a valid question.

PlanktonSideburns

Sorry, I meant who are boomers badgering pancreas?

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 26, 2019, 11:19:47 PM
Sorry, I meant who are boomers badgering pancreas?

ah, wasn't clear from the quote. another valid question. his folks, I'm betting.

PlanktonSideburns

Yea my fault for not specifying

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on October 26, 2019, 11:16:32 PM
I used to think it was a good sign that you'd go into a chinese or a curry house & see it being patronised by chinese or indian people, on the basis that "it must be good if they're in here" but that's bollocks, isn't it? apart from anything else, how do you know they're not just extended family/friends being given a bit discount to make the place look busy & play into that exact mythology? I want to see an eating establishment full of people who've travelled miles & who have to be wheeled out before they've actually finished because they can't bear to leave anything & they've eaten too much to stand up.

so it's a valid question.

My favourite Indian is Imrans in Sparkbrook; if I don't go to it when I visit my parents I consider it a wasted trip. I've been going there since I was basically on solids and it was a pretty basic place with the menus under a sheet of glass on the tables. They keep smartening it up now. The guy who runs it now is about my age and although we don't know each other at all he recognises me despite only going once or twice a year.

It's also the place Midlands Today always went when doing a link about curry houses. And we happened to be there in 2000 when the Beeb did an OB from there as part of their charity Perfect Day broadcast. I am out of shot behind the singers head. Almost certainly because I was paying too much attention to the camera and crew.

link with timecode https://youtu.be/veUFAnwo17o?t=146

Ferris

I always end up at Regards in Boldmere. At least Imran's has a bit of edge to it by being in Sparkbrook. Boldmere is just... nothing. Huge houses, terrible pubs, active UKIP party. Boomer paradise.

Twit 2

I have a complicated relationship with my parents, founded on psychological abuse, emotional neglect and occasional physical violence. Through tyranny of will and extreme forgiveness I still manage to see them, yet I probably won't visit next Easter due to their fucking booming. It's honestly the worst part of knowing them.

pancreas

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on October 26, 2019, 11:21:24 PM
ah, wasn't clear from the quote. another valid question. his folks, I'm betting.

one father one uncle one aunt

Sherringford Hovis

Village full of boomers: "You just can't reduce the social club bar to just two nights a week, it's an important AMENITY."

Also village boomers: "I'll maybe have a drink in the social club three times a year BUT IT MUST REMAIN OPEN FOR ANOTHER 147 DAYS IN CASE I WANT TO POP IN."

Social Club committee: "No worries: can we have a small grant from the community fund so we can remain open three nights a week?"

Village boomers: "NO"

Ferris

Raise taxes by a penny? Make economic disparity my problem? Expect me to understand how a PDF file works?

#TimeToBoom

Twit 2

Parents: "We're not wealthy."

*Long ago paid off mortgage on house now worth around 500k
*Were both retired before the age of 60
*Take multiple holidays per year
*Have savings and pensions
*Have probably around 100k in the bank from inheritances and windfalls 

Mister Six

"But the European Union was sold to us as a trading deal, not as a European legal system! We should never have joined!"

"Maybe not, but leaving in 2016 isn't the same as not joining in LOL NO 1970s."

"BUT WE SHOULDN'T HAVE JOINED!"

Mister Six

The referendum was on my birthday too. I love them and they're mostly great, but they're absolutely infuriating on the subject of Brexit.

Ferris

Quote from: Twit 2 on October 27, 2019, 01:39:18 AM
Parents: "We're not wealthy."

*Long ago paid off mortgage on house now worth around 500k
*Were both retired before the age of 60
*Take multiple holidays per year
*Have savings and pensions
*Have probably around 100k in the bank from inheritances and windfalls

That's not wealthy by boomer standards. It's unattainable "rich-as-fucking-Croesus"-tier for anyone under 40 though.