Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boomer infestation

Started by pancreas, October 26, 2019, 09:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 27, 2019, 01:08:49 AM
anyone under 40

SHOULDV'E GOT YORSELF BORN EARLEIR MILLENNiALL SNOFWLAKE.

Sent from my iPad

Sebastian Cobb

Boomers: WE HAVE A MONEY MAN WHO HAS PUT OUR TINGS IN A TRUST AND ENSURED THE STATE WON'T TAKE OUR ASSETS WHEN WE NEED END OF LIFE CARE.

Also Boomers: WE ARE USING THAT MONEY TO FIT WOODBURNERS TO A BARRAT HOME AND TAKE LOTS OF HOLIDAYS.

State: We're not falling for this again, you will die at your post.

Twit 2

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on October 27, 2019, 01:08:49 AM
That's not wealthy by boomer standards. It's unattainable "rich-as-fucking-Croesus"-tier for anyone under 40 though.

Yeah the latter was my point.

Ferris

Quote from: Twit 2 on October 27, 2019, 01:29:39 AM
Yeah the latter was my point.

Yes absolutely, I was agreeing with you and restating what you said. That kind of economic wealth disparity and generational poverty of opportunity really frustrates me. With automation and globalization/offshoring it will only get worse and I don't see where it ends.

My wife and I were able to move to a tiny apartment downtown in a global alpha city with no jobs, get crappy entry level work to pay rent, and advance professionally to the point where we are now financially comfortable via good luck and hard work. My son will not be able to do that. The greed of the previous generation (abolishing rent control, treating property as a capital investment, aggressive offshoring and automation to drive bottom line profit, profiteering from tertiary education, generally voting tory) is the reason why.

greencalx

My mum is slightly pre-boom and her brother slightly post. He has fared much better than her in life, but moans about everything the whole time. Part of the reason that I would like to see a Corbyn government would be to witness his reaction.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

madhair60

Pack in this "boomer" shit for Americans. Cheers

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: madhair60 on October 27, 2019, 10:00:58 AM

What's  a good UK version?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: hamfist on October 26, 2019, 06:15:16 PM
Me : Where did you buy your new coat ?

Boomer : Garden centre

Is this not the best post of 2019...really nut shelling the humour of the boomer there

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on October 26, 2019, 06:26:51 PM
They do their fucking weekly food shops in garden centres. They seem to find them bucolic, rather than the ghastly made-in-China plastic-filled shit-holes that they actually are.

You're beginning to sound like me

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 26, 2019, 11:52:13 PM
My favourite Indian is Imrans in Sparkbrook; if I don't go to it when I visit my parents I consider it a wasted trip. I've been going there since I was basically on solids and it was a pretty basic place with the menus under a sheet of glass on the tables. They keep smartening it up now. The guy who runs it now is about my age and although we don't know each other at all he recognises me despite only going once or twice a year.

It's also the place Midlands Today always went when doing a link about curry houses. And we happened to be there in 2000 when the Beeb did an OB from there as part of their charity Perfect Day broadcast. I am out of shot behind the singers head. Almost certainly because I was paying too much attention to the camera and crew.

link with timecode https://youtu.be/veUFAnwo17o?t=146

Sarah Jane Morris?

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 26, 2019, 01:29:06 PM
One of THE great cultural shifts of the last 50 years.

"here, you should really check out the Italian new wave of progressive rock, or some of the ethno-punk from Afghanistan"

to

"This Simply Red album is certainly toe tapping. Excuse me whilst I pour another tumbler of blended whiskey"

IN 9 MONTHS

hamfist

Quote from: BlodwynPig on October 27, 2019, 11:58:30 AM
Is this not the best post of 2019...really nut shelling the humour of the boomer there

Genuinely happened yesterday too. Very good timing for the thread, thanks Carole.

Icehaven

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on October 27, 2019, 12:20:36 PM
Under floor heating.

We have this. Well we do when the people in the flat downstairs put their heating on.

pancreas

Can I have some more gravy for this food? The meat is not floating any more.

alan nagsworth

Fucking millennials and their attempts at being healthy eating avocado

Fucking Gen Z and their concern about saving the planet

Have a tripe and glitter sandwich and shut the fuck up woman

Quote from: pancreas on October 27, 2019, 12:41:42 PM
Can I have some more gravy for this food? The meat is not floating any more.

lol

PlanktonSideburns

Don't drag underfloor into this

pancreas

AND THEY'RE GONE

Where is my crack pipe

Funcrusher

No generation of ordinary, non-aristocratic people will ever experience the same level of material comfort of the boomers. And yet no generation was ever more easily raised to a frenzy of furious resentment by the likes of Paul Dacre over a non-white person or anyone else they deem unworthy receiving even the most basic human needs. Having received far more than the rest of us will likely ever see, the gift they leave us by way of thanks is Brexit.

Mister Six

The postwar baby boom also happened in the UK you benumbered oaf.

EDIT: Not really calling you an oaf! Just a bit of board joshing, you know.

EDIT 2: You cunt.

Quote from: Funcrusher on October 27, 2019, 05:11:14 PM
No generation of ordinary, non-aristocratic people will ever experience the same level of material comfort of the boomers. And yet no generation was ever more easily raised to a frenzy of furious resentment by the likes of Paul Dacre over a non-white person or anyone else they deem unworthy receiving even the most basic human needs. Having received far more than the rest of us will likely ever see, the gift they leave us by way of thanks is Brexit.

Ah well, at least some of us will be able to inherit their ridiculously inflated properties when they die.

BOOMERS: Great news, we've done an equity release on the house so we can buy a brand new Mazda and go on a cruise! After that's paid back and inheritance tax, you'll be left with absolutely fuck all once we've dropped dead.

Paul Calf

In addition, property prices will 'correct' by the time the majority of the Boomers are gone because no-one will be able to afford them.

Biggest, longest pump-and-dump scheme in history.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on October 28, 2019, 09:49:42 AM
In addition, property prices will 'correct' by the time the majority of the Boomers are gone because no-one will be able to afford them.

Biggest, longest pump-and-dump scheme in history.

Their children will inherit their houses and btl-s. It'll normalise the idea that your retirement will come from inherited wealth.

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on October 27, 2019, 05:40:07 PM
The postwar baby boom also happened in the UK you benumbered oaf.

EDIT: Not really calling you an oaf! Just a bit of board joshing, you know.

EDIT 2: You cunt.

It's shit for Americans and I am not having it for one second longer

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on October 28, 2019, 11:03:05 AM
It's shit for Americans and I am not having it for one second longer

Madhair = boomer

Confirmed

Paul Calf

But he's a man's best friend, and when he comes into your life it'll never be the same again.