Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Back covers, inners and gatefolds: the terrible, the beautiful, the bizarre.

Started by Absorb the anus burn, October 27, 2019, 11:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

Warrior On The Edge Of Time opened up into a shield, which was nice.

imitationleather

NoSleep

NoSleep

Should have folded out to a banana to keep the Andy Warhol theme going.

kngen

Quote from: NoSleep on December 02, 2019, 07:56:48 PM
Should have folded out to a banana to keep the Andy Warhol theme going.

... and wrapped in tin foil to allude to the Spinal Tap reference on the obi (refers to them as 'Norway's Loudest Band')

Absorb the anus burn

Famous Mortimer

I seem to remember a CD where there was something inside the space between the black bit that held the CD and the back cover. Like an extra gift or summat that you had to dismantle the case to get, but I appreciate this is a very weak description of something which may never have existed.

Egyptian Feast

Kid A perhaps? I never opened mine, but I believe there was a booklet hidden under the tray.

EDIT: Here it is.

timebug

Pulp did the hiding things under the tray trick, with 'Different Class'. From memory, I think there were a few alternate front cover images tucked away in there....

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on December 02, 2019, 11:49:42 PM
Birth Control: Operation. Full gatefold, inside and out.

Ha, I don't own that one and had only seen the front...shame my record buying days are BANNED

Pauline Walnuts

I've always liked the note inside Blodwyn Pig's first album about if you don't like the front cover, throw the LP in the bin.

And buy another one.

jenna appleseed

jenna appleseed

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on December 05, 2019, 06:19:40 PM
I've always liked the note inside Blodwyn Pig's first album about if you don't like the front cover, throw the LP in the bin.

And buy another one.

for a second I thought our Blodwyn Pig had released an album.
(check out this dunce)

NoSleep

:zoviet-france:'s Gris (1985) came packaged in roofing felt, the record protected from this only by a paper inner sleeve. I think there was intention to affect the listening experience via the damage this could cause to the vinyl.

Found this comment about the record on Discogs:

QuoteAmazing 10" so sad they packed it in sandpaper material had an unopened copy and its ruined from years on the shelves with the sandpaper like roofing material seeping through the paper and affecting the vinyl having said that the crackly sound adds to the haunting experience

studpuppet

Bummed had a grainy, full-frontal, reader's wife-type photo on the inner sleeve (obviously NSFW). It's really joyless and unsexy and consequently a little jarring.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: studpuppet on January 09, 2020, 03:04:45 PM
Bummed had a grainy, full-frontal, reader's wife-type photo on the inner sleeve (obviously NSFW). It's really joyless and unsexy and consequently a little jarring.
I had a t-shirt with this on it back in the day. Wore it proudly for many years until i became too fat and it became too tatty. Wife wanted me to bin it but i refused and sold it on ebay for £60. Happy (Mon) days

gilbertharding

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on November 04, 2019, 04:07:25 PM
re the peter gabriel- can we have one of these threads with no hypgnosis crap in it? ta.

Will this be the Peter Corriston thread, instead?