Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,485
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:44:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Disgraced wankbeast announces worldwide tour

Started by Petey Pate, October 28, 2019, 12:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Was a little surprised to get an email from Louis CK today informing me that tickets are available for stand up shows he's doing in theatres across America as well as a couple in Israel and Italy (!). No references to his wankbeast antics, other than it being clear that he knows that a lot of people who received the email will want to unsubscribe from his mailing list.

Out of curiosity, I looked to see how much tickets cost for a few shows and they were in the region of $40-50. I have no idea if this is more or less than what he was charging at the height of his fame. There was also a strict no phones policy for at least one of the theatres that I'm assuming is the case with all of them.

Obviously the man still has a paying audience.

Israel hmmmm so not a BDS guy then

Unless it's Boycott, Divest, and Wanktions!

I'm tired

Duckula

Maybe he should have a strict no wanks policy as well.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on October 28, 2019, 12:16:10 AM

I'm tired

Definitely more of an OGC guy - Ovations, Guffaws, Camaraderie.

idunnosomename

Disgraced Wankbeast Tour would be the most honest tour name since Mum Needs A Bungalow Tour

alan nagsworth

It seems you can just carry on with your career after hideous cunt antics by simply adding a disclaimer of "I'm aware a lot of people probably don't like me right now!" to every bit of publicity you chuck out there.

Yeah that's right Louis you fucking anus, that's why you should be stacking shelves down B&Q now instead of charging high prices for a tour and acting like everything is back to normal, just because for you in your shithead bubble, it is.

NoSleep

Quote from: Petey Pate on October 28, 2019, 12:07:42 AM
Obviously the man still has a paying audience.

I think at this stage the only obvious thing is that he hopes so.

dunelm

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 28, 2019, 09:48:27 AM
Disgraced Wankbeast Tour would be the most honest tour name since Mum Needs A Bungalow Tour

Rubbing One Out Tour

NoSleep

There was stuff about him touring in Israel in "Louie" as I recall. He might not have got Seinfeld on board for "Louie" had he opted for BDS (given Seinfeld's subsequent IDF shenanigans).

Dr Rock

I wouldn't have paid to see him before, as he didn't take two years off. Now he's playing Israel he actually owes me money. Plus he made me sit through the shit later seasons of Louie and that crap in the bar.

brat-sampson

Reminded me to unsub from his newsletter, so there's that at least.

up_the_hampipe

He's been performing regularly for a while, but the shows were a bit harder to find as they'd quietly go up on the venue's website shortly before the show. In his email, he mentioned "new" content coming to his site as well. Don't call it a cumback!

Famous Mortimer

He played a theatre in St Louis (where I live) a while back, but not any of the nice theatres downtown, a shitty theatre way way out in the suburbs where you normally get stuff like "Shotspeare" (an interactive version of the Bard where, if the crowd shouts out "shot", the cast have to down a shot of booze), something called "Dixie's Tupperware Party", or comedians who you've never heard of but appear to be channeling the spirit of Dennis Miller.

Oh, and it was probably mentioned on here, too, but he had a disclaimer that his audience had to agree to, about not sharing photos or recordings of the show. Talking about "consent", which he completely missed the hilarity of, probably.

DrGreggles

I'm very surprised that 'Disgraced Wankbeast' isn't a CaB user name.

NJ Uncut

the audience should protest by mass wanking at HIM!!

Famous Mortimer

There was a hilarious pisstake of him in the form of NY comedian Kelsey Caine's character "Penis CK" (there's some videos of her performances on Youtube, and she did a version of Louie's opening credits too), which may have been mentioned in the other wankbeast thread. The best thing we can all do is not go to see him, and never give a penny to any creative endeavour featuring him.

NoSleep

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 28, 2019, 06:32:44 PM
the audience should protest by mass wanking at HIM!!

But they have to pay him to be able to do this.

cliggg

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 28, 2019, 06:42:19 PM
There was a hilarious pisstake of him in the form of NY comedian Kelsey Caine's character "Penis CK" (there's some videos of her performances on Youtube, and she did a version of Louie's opening credits too)
I just watched some of this, the recreation of the Louie credits really made me laugh, the shit and ridiculous Louis costume she wears coupled with the constant masturbation is just brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnqtgzyWMNU

Chriddof

This is amazing. The "beard" as well!

"An Adult Man
Penis C.K."

Ornlu

Sad there's no UK dates. Hope he makes it to these shores properly again someday.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ornlu on October 28, 2019, 11:15:33 PM
Sad there's no UK dates. Hope he makes it to these shores properly again someday.

He wasn't even allowed to perform in Leeds, and they're all dirty criminals.

Ornlu

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 28, 2019, 11:23:14 PM
He wasn't even allowed to perform in Leeds, and they're all dirty criminals.

I know, I bought a ticket as soon it was announced. Gutting.

Block (the door)
Distract with smalltalk
Surreptitiously ejaculate

Petey Pate

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 28, 2019, 06:15:38 PMOh, and it was probably mentioned on here, too, but he had a disclaimer that his audience had to agree to, about not sharing photos or recordings of the show. Talking about "consent", which he completely missed the hilarity of, probably.

Yep. Here it is. I don't think I've ever seen such a disclaimer from any comedian before.

QuoteLouis CK owns all rights in the content and materials, including any jokes and sketches (the "Materials"), delivered during his performance. The Materials may not be copied, translated, transmitted, displayed, distributed, or reproduced verbatim (the "Use"), in whole or in part, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, without the express prior written consent of Louis CK. Any Use of the Materials without the express prior written consent of Louis CK is strictly prohibited and shall be subject to all available legal remedies, whether in equity or at law at the cost of anyone who violates this prohibition. Recording of any kind, including note taking, is not permitting in the show room.

madhair60

Funcrusher

QuoteLouis CK owns all rights in the content and materials, including any jokes and sketches (the "Materials"), delivered during his performance. The Materials may not be copied, translated, transmitted, displayed, distributed, or reproduced verbatim (the "Use"), in whole or in part, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, without the express prior written consent of Louis CK. Any Use of the Materials without the express prior written consent of Louis CK is strictly prohibited and shall be subject to all available legal remedies, whether in equity or at law at the cost of anyone who violates this prohibition. Recording of any kind, including note taking, is not permitting in the show room.

Does something like this actually serve any purpose? The same rules on intellectual property and whatnot apply to Willy CK as anyone else. He can write out his own set of rules but only the actual law as it is on any of these things is enforceable.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Can I just check what people think should have happened to Louis CK after the various misjudgements and repeated unacceptable behaviour?

Versus, say, public masturbator and drink driver George Michael, who when he carked it people couldn't fall over themselves fast enough to obfuscate those or euphemistically refer to 'troubled periods' ?

Disclaimer - Pls don't frame this as a defence of Louis CK who seems to have committed crimes that deserve opprobrium and who probably has very little else to offer comedically beyond what he has already done.

H-O-W-L

Most of the defense I've seen of The Wankbeast has been pretty much "aye but he was funny". Never found him enjoyable much myself. Very gratified to have this opportunity to stick the boot in sans judgement.