Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:33:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Disgraced wankbeast announces worldwide tour

Started by Petey Pate, October 28, 2019, 12:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on October 29, 2019, 04:46:42 PM
Where was it reported that Dave Becky did that? I recall one of the women saying that he was keen for it not to be spoken about, as in he was embarrassed by it, but not that he did anything to sabotage anyone. Maybe I missed something.

Here's Becky's take on the story where he says he didn't threaten anyone, and he misunderstood what the women were saying happened - https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/louis-ck-dave-becky-apology-cover-up

McFlymo

George Michael doing a bit of gay cottaging or cruising is millions of miles away from Louis CK's sexual assault, I'd say. Odd thing to compare.

I find it toxic that CK has the audacity to organise a tour: It's insulting to his victims and he clearly has shown zero respect for the context of his behaviour. People supporting him, whether they be fans paying for tickets or other celebs letting him off the hook or blaming "SJWs" etc... You're supporting a sex offender, you're undermining the experience of his victims, you're part of the fucking problem.

Vile.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 30, 2019, 01:41:14 PM
Here's Becky's take on the story where he says he didn't threaten anyone, and he misunderstood what the women were saying happened - https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/louis-ck-dave-becky-apology-cover-up

Interesting, I don't buy his story completely, I'm sure he knew what really happened but it probably wasn't viewed as seriously back then. A few comics on podcasts and whatnot have talked about hearing the stories differently. Bonnie Macfarlane said that Dana and Julia used to laugh about it, and all they seemed to care about was turning the incident into a routine.

Famous Mortimer

An LA comedian called Megan Koester had a tough time when she tried to, er, expose the wankbeast himself, long before it seriously kicked off.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evbggm/i-got-shut-down-while-trying-to-report-on-the-louis-ck-rumors

alan nagsworth

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on October 30, 2019, 01:32:34 PM
On the other, people do tend to forgive and move on.

thank the heavens we've got kind-hearted souls like you in the world

BritishHobo

Also my problem is that the forgiving happened fucking quick given how long the women had to put up with being doubted. He carried on as usual for years while the comedians who put their reputations on the line to speak out had them shat all over. He finally admits it, and it's like people waited the bare minimum amount of time before going 'ah, let's move on'.

H-O-W-L

Something I find fucking grim is that people are willing to forgive or ignore Wankbeast's crimes in order to swallow his works. Is it really worth absolving a serial fiddler just because they can make funny jokes? Especially when perfectly upstanding comedians get their careers pushed off subway platforms for just generally not being quite good.

Mister Six

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 29, 2019, 07:52:13 PM
As we are on the topic anyway, in my opinion 'but George Michael did all those things while on drugs' doesn't seem a very good basis on which to say his crimes were clearly less severe.

I didn't say that, a fact that you are easily bright enough to understand.

QuoteAs far as I'm aware, the specifics of the misdemeanours of Louis CK are that he exposed himself and wanked around other people despite not being invited to and on a few occasions continued despite being asked to stop.

Yeah, you could phrase it like that. Or you could say he sexually abused several women - women he had power over, and whom he had reason to believe would be cowed into not reporting him, nor be believed/listened to - over the course of years, allowed their careers to be squashed by his pals, denied the claims until they could no longer continue to be denied, spent nine months sitting on his hands and then got back to work making unannounced gigs at New York's premier comedy venue to the horror and disgust of women who had paid to see other acts - and in doing so reinserted himself into the environment that had enabled his crimes.

But yeah, you could use weasel words like "people" instead of women, or adding "on a few occasions" to diminish the crime of continuing to sexually abuse multiple woman after they have vocally expressed their lack of consent.

QuoteThe point is being missed anyway. It is not to say what Louis CK did was good

Nobody has said this either.

The air of intellectual and moral superiority you like to affect on here would be more convincing if you could make a solid argument without having to resort to this kind of disingenuous shit.

Quoteit is simply to shine a light on how far people will attack one person, then defend essentially amoral dangerous behaviour of another person if the second person was normally a good sort and/or had a track record of mental health problems.

Ooh, get you "shining a light". You're the Roger Cook of the entertainment world.

Nobody is defending Michael's actions. They're saying they aren't equivalent to CK's - something they wouldn't have had to do if you hadn't made the comparison in the first place.

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: Ornlu on October 28, 2019, 11:24:30 PM
I know, I bought a ticket as soon it was announced. Gutting.

Me too. And my sister and her fella too. Me and RKID went to the 02 when he was doing 'Oh My God' and I really could not wait to be in a more intimate setting.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Terryfuckwit on October 31, 2019, 02:13:35 PM
Me too. And my sister and her fella too. Me and RKID went to the 02 when he was doing 'Oh My God' and I really could not wait to be in a more intimate setting.

No one gives a shit. Weigh in with an actual argument instead of just saying you still support him. Otherwise no one gives a shit.

mr. logic

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 31, 2019, 04:15:03 PM
No one gives a shit. Weigh in with an actual argument instead of just saying you still support him. Otherwise no one gives a shit.

How do you know? You're not in charge.

NoSleep

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 31, 2019, 04:15:03 PM
No one gives a shit. Weigh in with a childish and mean argument instead of just saying you still support him. Otherwise no one gives a shit.

Your mother's a fucking whore and I hope she's dead.

NoSleep

You think sexual assault and ruining careers by denying it is excusable.

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: NoSleep on October 31, 2019, 07:13:01 PM
You think sexual assault and ruining careers by denying it is excusable.

Ok mate

NoSleep

MortSahlFan

Funny guy. I hope his tour goes well, and I hope the politically correct (ultimate prejudice) sheep choke on their own jizz... I don't even think they believe this self-righteous fake outrage. They just know a mob online will come after them, so the average guy online just goes along with his stockbroker mentality.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

So, what we can take away from all this is that Terry Fuckwit believes Louis CK to be very amusing indeed.

I have seen most , if not all  of his comedy series, and, while I am grateful to him for giving Charles Grodin work , I must say I found myself becoming less amused and more uncomfortable as the series progressed. I could apprecaite his more  autetesque ambitions in his later series, but I remember thinking " I don't need to see that" in that scene where he gets in the bath with that K T Tunstall lookalike , and you, the  hapless viewer, were afforded a glimpse of yer man's bum. Cheers and all that, but really?

mr. logic

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on October 31, 2019, 08:15:20 PM
So, what we can take away from all this is that Terry Fuckwit believes Louis CK to be very amusing indeed.

I have seen most , if not all  of his comedy series, and, while I am grateful to him for giving Charles Grodin work , I must say I found myself becoming less amused and more uncomfortable as the series progressed. I could apprecaite his more  autetesque ambitions in his later series, but I remember thinking " I don't need to see that" in that scene where he gets in the bath with that K T Tunstall lookalike , and you, the  hapless viewer, were afforded a glimpse of yer man's bum. Cheers and all that, but really?

My defining memory of the show is how weirdly unlikeable the American stand up scene is. Just sad, visually unappealing men getting pointlessly mad about the life choices of others. I'm remembering particularly the scenes of them backstage or playing cards or whatever, bantering on in a grindingly unpleasant and always unfunny way. There's something so exclusionary about their comedy but also exclusionary about the American male in general in my experience.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: MortSahlFan on October 31, 2019, 08:06:38 PM
Funny guy. I hope his tour goes well, and I hope the politically correct (ultimate prejudice) sheep choke on their own jizz... I don't even think they believe this self-righteous fake outrage. They just know a mob online will come after them, so the average guy online just goes along with his stockbroker mentality.

Fucking hell.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: mr. logic on October 31, 2019, 08:33:06 PM
My defining memory of the show is how weirdly unlikeable the American stand up scene is. Just sad, visually unappealing men getting pointlessly mad about the life choices of others. I'm remembering particularly the scenes of them backstage or playing cards or whatever, bantering on in a grindingly unpleasant and always unfunny way. There's something so exclusionary about their comedy but also exclusionary about the American male in general in my experience.

When they're breaking each other's balls I get douche-chills.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: mr. logic on October 31, 2019, 08:33:06 PM

That's one slice of the New York scene. US stand-up is a many-headed beast and there's a lot more to get from it than we have. Despite the unpleasant jokes you might hear, the American scene is really diverse.

I hope the politically correct (ultimate prejudice) sheep choke on their own jizz...

by far the funniest thing about this phrase is the parenthesis

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I very much doubt that the actual Mort Sahl would agree with his number one fan on this matter.

Bronzy

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 31, 2019, 11:20:07 PM
I very much doubt that the actual Mort Sahl would agree with his number one fan on this matter.

To be fair the actual Mort Sahl is probably sitting in a puddle of his own piss and babbling gibberish at this very moment, so I imagine he has more pressing things to worry about.

Shaky

Quote from: Bronzy on November 01, 2019, 01:57:34 AM
To be fair the actual Mort Sahl is probably sitting in a puddle of his own piss and babbling gibberish at this very moment, so I imagine he has more pressing things to worry about.

Sounds like his stand-up routine hasn't changed, then!!!!!

Famous Mortimer

Funny guy. I hope his tour goes well, and I hope the politically correct (ultimate prejudice) sheep choke on their own jizz...
Get fucked.

Quote from: MortSahlFan on October 31, 2019, 08:06:38 PMI don't even think they believe this self-righteous fake outrage.
Get fucked.

Quote from: MortSahlFan on October 31, 2019, 08:06:38 PMThey just know a mob online will come after them, so the average guy online just goes along with his stockbroker mentality.
Get fucked.