Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kali Malone and her Organ Drone

Started by holyzombiejesus, October 28, 2019, 08:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Really love this. A (sold out but soon to be repressed) double LP or triple CD of "slow, methodical organ recordings on this major new work from Kali Malone;  a quietly subversive double album featuring almost two hours of concentrated, creeping organ pieces governed by a strict acoustic and compositional code with ultimately profound emotional resonance."

It's oddly moving and I like the way you can almost feel the mechanics behind the whole thing.

More about it here and whole album can be heard here.

cliggg

Exactly the kind of thing I'm into the last few years. Reflective music that I can put on while I read or meditate. Cheers!

SpiderChrist

Been listening to this for a couple of weeks, it's fantastic.

Lovely, just the sort of droney goodness I love.

holyzombiejesus

In case anyone's interested, Boomkat have a limited 300 vinyl pressing on sale now. It's their album of the year too.

Cuntbeaks

Got into her stuff earlier this year and i definitely prefer Cast Of Mind to The Sacrificial Code. Droning harmonics all round.

Was camping with my son and his friend and we had a 4.2 Minirig set up on the go. In the early hours i had played Love Will Tear Us Apart and alphabetically the next album was Kali Malone - Cast of Mind. It sounded absolutely incredible in the woodland setting of Glen Etive, absolutely riveting. We listened in stoned, stunned silence until it ended, wonderful stuff.

Famous Mortimer

The algorithm, after listening to some bits and bobs of Malone's, led me to Phill Niblock. I used to play "YPGTPN" at work when we had a policy that everyone could pick their own CDs to put on the work PA.

Have a bit of "An Organ Piece":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHy_PjDsAQ

This is, at best, tangentially related to the topic of the thread, but it's great so you should all be happy to listen to it.