Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:35:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sherlock cunt presents Dracula

Started by madhair60, October 29, 2019, 08:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

George White

Quote from: An tSaoi on December 18, 2019, 11:01:14 PM
bet those cucks in the bolshevik broadcasting corporation made van helsing a black woman or summat innit #getbrexitdone
the 90s miniseries House of Frankenstein did this essentially

Bazooka

I'll give it a shot out of respect for Hillary Briss, even if I consider Dr Who and Sherlock atrocious.

olliebean

I'll give it a shot because whatever, even though I can't believe everyone isn't completely fed up with vampires by now.

Deanjam

About to start. Fingers crossed it's good.

olliebean

Bloody hell, an hour and a half out of my night for three nights running. Why couldn't they make it six weekly 45-minute episodes? I hate "event television."

mjwilson

Quote from: olliebean on December 22, 2019, 08:12:55 PM
I'll give it a shot because whatever, even though I can't believe everyone isn't completely fed up with vampires by now.

Being tired of vampires is a very 2016 idea.

mjwilson

Ah good, only just started and already talking about fucking Dracula, just what we were all waiting for

Mister Six

Do any straight women turn into sexy bisexual vampires in a way that is absolutely subtly homophobic but actually very arousing? Because that's about the only thing I can still enjoy about vampire stories these days.

olliebean

Quote from: Mister Six on January 01, 2020, 09:09:02 PM
Do any straight women turn into sexy bisexual vampires in a way that is absolutely subtly homophobic but actually very arousing? Because that's about the only thing I can still enjoy about vampire stories these days.

Probably men, in this version.

Mister Six

mjwilson

Deadpool from X Men Origins: Wolverine has let himself go

Deanjam

mjwilson

Surprisingly straightforward so far, assumed it was going to be all modernised.

Deanjam

The fly in the eye & twisted corpse rising from a box both good bits.

Butchers Blind

Well, I enjoyed it.  Fun, slightly campy and scary at the same time.

Deanjam

I'll just post what I wrote on Twitter.

Negatives: Glib tone. Eye-rolling dialogue. Baffling changes from the novel. Comedy Dracula.

Positives: Some nice visuals. One or two creepy moments. And I did a full 180 on Nun Van Helsing and ended up liking her.

Guess I'll watch episode 2.

VelourSpirit

fucking great. claes bang is EXCELLENT. everyone was. loved agatha.

Norton Canes

Should've been an hour, with most of the cuts from the final act in the convent, which went on interminably. 

InterMINAbly. Heh.

Deanjam

Quote from: TwinPeaks on January 01, 2020, 10:42:02 PM
claes bang is EXCELLENT.

I thought he was the worst thing in it. No menace.

touchingcloth

I enjoyed it, but I can't quite see how we're only a third of the way through - it felt like it was ready to wrap up towards the end of that episode.

Was Paula from off of Peep Show / Paul off of The IT Crowd referring to a "detective friend in London" supposed to be hinting at Holmes?

Deanjam

Probably. There was also a Doctor Who reference.

Norton Canes

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 01, 2020, 10:54:55 PM
I enjoyed it, but I can't quite see how we're only a third of the way through - it felt like it was ready to wrap up towards the end of that episode

There's plenty more in the novel - Whitby, and lots of stuff happening in London, including Renfield in the asylum. Actually that's interesting - wonder how they'll make Renfield's behaviour sufficiently gruesome now we've already been exposed to fly-eating..? 

VelourSpirit

Quote from: Deanjam on January 01, 2020, 11:00:09 PM
Probably. There was also a Doctor Who reference.
The 'fair enough, absolutely fair enough' line or was there something else?

Norton Canes

The 'adorable barmaid in the Rose And Crown' - Clara's profession in The Snowmen

Deanjam

Quote from: TwinPeaks on January 01, 2020, 11:02:52 PM
The 'fair enough, absolutely fair enough' line or was there something else?

"The adorable barmaid from The Rose and Crown"

EDIT: I was beaten to it by Norton Canes because I was replying to Norton Canes. Damn!

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 01, 2020, 11:01:41 PM
There's plenty more in the novel - Whitby, and lots of stuff happening in London, including Renfield in the asylum. Actually that's interesting - wonder how they'll make Renfield's behaviour sufficiently gruesome now we've already been exposed to fly-eating..? 

Don't think we're getting Renfield in this one. I think the next one is set entirely on the Demeter ship. Third one probably Whitby.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 01, 2020, 11:01:41 PM

Sucking a fly's cock.

Is this based on the book so far then rather than just a generic draclea?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Deanjam on January 01, 2020, 10:45:37 PM
I thought he was the worst thing in it. No menace.

Balls. He was the best thing about it. A menacing, ruthless bastard.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on January 01, 2020, 11:07:23 PM
Balls. He was the best thing about it. A menacing, ruthless bastard.

I liked him after he'd supped his first blood and de-aged a little. The initial grey haired count was a little on the side of Papa Lazarou.